Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 28, 2006, 09:31 PM
If it flys,I can crash it
Waxhaw,NC
Joined Feb 2006
23 Posts
Discussion
Looking for a Messerschmitt Bf 109 ARF.

I'm looking for a Messerschmitt Bf 109 ARF kit. Anybody know of any other than GWS?
CapnStebbs is offline Find More Posts by CapnStebbs
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2006, 10:00 PM
WHAT THE...
Evansville, Indiana
Joined Jan 2005
1,576 Posts
Hooby Lobby used to carry a 109E and they breifly had a 109G by Flying styro. They are not on their web site currently. You could e-mil them and ask if they have any in stock. I believe they will special order them...they are a bit priceey though..$120-130
barmonkey is offline Find More Posts by barmonkey
Old Jul 28, 2006, 10:10 PM
WHAT THE...
Evansville, Indiana
Joined Jan 2005
1,576 Posts
The Flying Styro models have a lot of details and require about 20 hours to fully build. Now all the details don't need to be added and you may not want all of them anyway.
The Alfa models are more RTF, but they don't have the detail...also I don't believe that they have a 109. They do have a nice FW190...
Old Jul 28, 2006, 10:24 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnStebbs
I'm looking for a Messerschmitt Bf 109 ARF kit. Anybody know of any other than GWS?
What do you want.... foam? Balsa??? Size??

Tommy D
Tommy D is offline Find More Posts by Tommy D
Old Jul 28, 2006, 10:25 PM
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
You can either get Hobby-lobby to special order you the FSK ME-109G(comes in 3 different paint schemes) or you can order from an overseas distributor. I would recommend going through Hobby-lobby in case somethign isw rong. Anyhow, you can see the different types of FSK or Alfa or other ME-109's on www.d2air.at
kahloq is offline Find More Posts by kahloq
Old Jul 29, 2006, 06:13 AM
Waxhaw,NC
Joined Feb 2006
23 Posts
Thanks guys, I was just wanting to see what was out there. I've been looking around for a while and really didn't find that many kits. I could go either way as far as balsa or foam. I would like to have a park flyer sized plane. The Alfa kits look nice. I just like the looks of the ME-109. It would be my first warbird purchase and I want it to be a good one.
Old Jul 29, 2006, 10:31 AM
WHAT THE...
Evansville, Indiana
Joined Jan 2005
1,576 Posts
Here's areview of the 109G
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454554
Old Jul 29, 2006, 12:10 PM
Joined Jul 2005
25 Posts
.....or you can try ebay...this guy has both paint designs but the price is also a little high.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RC-PARK-FLYER-PL...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/RC-PARK-FLYER-PL...QQcmdZViewItem
newtorc05 is offline Find More Posts by newtorc05
Old Jul 29, 2006, 01:09 PM
Musta been the receiver..
Joined May 2006
42 Posts
I had the FSK 109. I really liked it ("liked" 'cause I crashed it)! Although I put a bigger motor in it. The stock 280 didn't have enough pull and so I put a 370 brushed with 7 cell nimh's. The planes are a bit fragile, but repair easily. I just replaced it with the GWS 109, but it is still in the box.
Percheron is offline Find More Posts by Percheron
Old Jul 29, 2006, 01:22 PM
Waxhaw,NC
Joined Feb 2006
23 Posts
That's to bad. The FSK 109's do look really nice. Which do you think is more fragile the FSK or the GWS?
Old Jul 29, 2006, 02:45 PM
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
Hands down the FSK 109 is more fragile. its hollow foam, whereas the GWS is made of thick chunky type of foam. If you crash a GWS, its usually pretty easy to fix it. The FSK and Alfa's are much more prone to damage on a crash, but they look 100% better. Some people have made some really good looking planes out of the GWS stock stuff, but generally that requires glassing them or doing some other form of super detailing. I would suggest the GWS ME109 first if you havent been flying much. Low cost and if crash you can fix it easily(just make sure you decide on the engine you want firsy, cuz once you glue most GWS planes toegether, theres no changing the engine(except on a Corsair or a Zero) without hacking the nose up.
Once you get good with the GWS 109, then you can get the much nicer(and more expensive) FSK. Nitromodels offer some decent planes as well, but most are in the .40 glow size.
Old Jul 29, 2006, 06:20 PM
Mission Viejo, CA
Joined Dec 2005
1,925 Posts
Not a park flyer but, nice and I see some are converting it to electric:

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products...hmitt40-e.html
KentuckyColonel is offline Find More Posts by KentuckyColonel
Old Jul 31, 2006, 01:05 PM
Emerald Isle , NC
Joined May 2006
1,329 Posts
BF 109 Ripmax Model

What looks to be one of the best 109 's Wood ARTF kits with some size I've seen without going 70+" gas conversion to electric flight is this all new Ripmax Bf 109 EP with 48 inch wingspan. I'm in the states and Great planes imports their Spitfire in the US in quanities for distribution. . But, I don't know if anyone will have it available as it hits the market overhere. Far as I know it is up to Great Planes to make the call or pay 100.00 shipping from GB hobby stores + price of plane. I was qouted about 240.00 to get a Ripmax Mustang here.

The Ad in Ripmax catalog says coming in 2006 , but doesn't say when..........

If every body would bombard GREATPLANES , they would import the Ripmax MUSTANG too .

Frearless Freddie
Coastwatcher is offline Find More Posts by Coastwatcher
Old Aug 01, 2006, 12:21 AM
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
Do you have a pic of this Ripmax Me-109? I've not heard of this one. I'd rather have that then the Spitfire as I have 2 spits already(different brands)
Old Aug 01, 2006, 07:18 AM
Emerald Isle , NC
Joined May 2006
1,329 Posts
RIpmax BF109

I 'm going to build the Spitfire soon as it gets here. I've called Great Planes and pleaded with them to bring in the other two. They act DUMB as post , I tried though. I guess it will take 100's of people calling great planes , they are THE distributor to all the hobby or retail outlets .

Here is the catalog showing all three models. These things are the hard as heck to get here in the states.

It MAY BE POSSIBLE to take this to your GREAT PLANES DEALER and have them call GREAT PLANES and see if they can special order from Ripmax. I'm sure it will cost more , but maybe not 120.00 to ship like from GAlaxy models.
Coastwatcher is offline Find More Posts by Coastwatcher