SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 28, 2001, 04:47 AM
Joined Apr 2001
284 Posts
pic based brushless controller

Iím new to speed control design and building but I just got a new programmer and Iím itchiní to start design work on a challenging project. Iíll be doing a lot of simple programming and breadboarding for a while to get the feel for these little suckers. It would be nice to get a break from the trivial by starting the preliminary specification of something useful. The problem is I canít find information on brushless controller design. Any one have any links to any sites with theory, design examples, ect?
Thanks for any help
-fish
fisher is offline Find More Posts by fisher
to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2001, 11:39 AM
Radix malorum est cupiditas
Joined Jul 2000
460 Posts
I built alot of brushless controllers a few years ago using the Unitrode (now TI?) controller ICs UC3625
-http://www.unitrode.com/products/apps_prt.htm

some of the app notes may be of help to you- a controller using hall sensors is extremely simple (the commutation can just be a small ROM or PLC or one of the BL control ICs) - if you want sensorless control it is a little trickier - there are dedicated ICs out there, or your PIC will work. If I was going to dabble, I would start with one of the many ESC designs out there for decode and PWM, and add the BL sensor decode for a quick solution (you would need a motor with sensors)

keep searching, there are a lot of app notes/ papers on brushless control on the web...

radix2 is offline Find More Posts by radix2