SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 26, 2006, 03:33 AM
Uno' CrashO'
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jul 2006
397 Posts
Discussion
Tip for new pilots - HS-55's

Hi Guys, Well after reading for somewhile - I decided to purchase some Hitec HS-55's from my walkera DF4, WHAT a difference straight away, everything was backwards!!!...until I changed the dip switch settings on the Tx
Now I know the original Walkera electronics are very poor, but still the heli is FAR more stable and FAR more responsive, I also purchased and better motor and heatsinks, still to install tho'.
So For all the new heli pilots out there and wonder what / where to next, get the servos for sure. HUGE difference.
My 2cents worth.

Oh forgot to say, if anyone else has info on the HS-55's and thier experience with these, please post.
CHCHGSR is offline Find More Posts by CHCHGSR
Last edited by CHCHGSR; Jul 26, 2006 at 04:10 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2006, 06:44 PM
Failure Is Not An Option.
Orange County, CA
Joined Jan 2005
443 Posts
I have several HS55 servos on my foamie airplanes. THey have been great with no problems. I was wondering if I should swap 3 of them out with the stock servos from the Blade CP. I didn't do it as I noticed some of my HS55 servos have some slop in them. But by what you are they are noticably better than the stock servos? If so, I may give it a try and swap them out. My foamies will never notice the difference. If you wiggle the arm on your new HS55 servos do you feel any slop? Maybe mine are just a little worn. I heard that the HS56 are pretty good as the carbonite gears in them at 4x stronger than the plastic gears in the HS55 so they will not wear down as fast.
PilotSmith is offline Find More Posts by PilotSmith
Old Jul 27, 2006, 04:48 AM
Shhhhh
Armidale NSW Australia
Joined Jan 2006
610 Posts
PS.....

try this link for exellent info on dealing with HS55 in Blade CP and the neccessary reversing fixit....I'm actually doing 3 of them tonight to put in my work horse BCP

http://bladecprepair.com/smf/index.php?topic=171.0

Regards
Roachie is offline Find More Posts by Roachie
Old Jul 27, 2006, 05:20 AM
Uno' CrashO'
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jul 2006
397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotSmith
I have several HS55 servos on my foamie airplanes. THey have been great with no problems. I was wondering if I should swap 3 of them out with the stock servos from the Blade CP. I didn't do it as I noticed some of my HS55 servos have some slop in them. But by what you are they are noticably better than the stock servos? If so, I may give it a try and swap them out. My foamies will never notice the difference. If you wiggle the arm on your new HS55 servos do you feel any slop? Maybe mine are just a little worn. I heard that the HS56 are pretty good as the carbonite gears in them at 4x stronger than the plastic gears in the HS55 so they will not wear down as fast.
No slop in these, tight. Heaps better than stock. give them ago.
CHCHGSR is offline Find More Posts by CHCHGSR