Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 02, 2002, 11:58 PM
Permanently banned
Mesa, Arizona, USA
Joined Jul 2000
2,976 Posts
G10 Frames for the Piccolo are here!

Finally a tough and versatile universal Micro Heli frame with the same great attributes as our indestructible wire strut landing gear retrofit kit for the Piccolo.

Plenty of room for mounting servos, receiver, gyro, ESCs, camera, batteries, etc. in a logical and tidy fashion.

Use with your basic Fix Pitch, Collective Pitch Standard or Cyclic Collective Pitch Mixing setups.

Accepts All types of motors, no limitation to type of motor.

Piccolo users:

Simply remove your main shaft bearings and boom from your stock frame and mount them on your new G10 frame. Simple as that!. Your original swash plate and rotor mechanics are reinstalled in your new G10 frame, just as you did with the stock frame. Battery mounts directly underneath the frame flat, nice and clean! Use Rubber Bands or a Velcro Mini strap for ease of positioning the battery and adjust the Center of Balance.

If you glued your original boom, you can order a more stronger boom also from us along with your frame. We carry other parts and rtetrofits which have not yet been placed on our new web site to be posted soon. Please enquire via Email or Phone.

MIADsgns@aol.com
www.micro-flight.com
Mario is offline Find More Posts by Mario
Last edited by Mario; Aug 03, 2002 at 04:15 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2002, 12:05 AM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Jun 2001
2,214 Posts
Mario

That is the coolest frame I have ever seen on a micro. It out does all that I have seen, except for your aluminum frame.

If this is anything like the G10 frame I purchased from your strength wise, this is truly a good buy; it will never break.

Good work as ususal.

Carlo
Eco8gator is offline Find More Posts by Eco8gator
Old Aug 03, 2002, 01:11 AM
Baltimore, MD
Joined Jun 2002
269 Posts
mario, what is G10, and what does that frame made out of.
xxcysxx is offline Find More Posts by xxcysxx
Old Aug 03, 2002, 02:57 AM
For the toggle switches
Joined Apr 2002
88 Posts
How much mario?
bryn Bithell is offline Find More Posts by bryn Bithell
Old Aug 03, 2002, 05:16 AM
Permanently banned
Mesa, Arizona, USA
Joined Jul 2000
2,976 Posts
G10 - an epoxy and fiberglass composite material. Black color with an attractive finish.

Same material as used on larger RC helicopters for airframes due to its excellent strength to weight ratio. G10 is also a great insulator and non-conductor not prone to radio interference.

Carbon is lighter but costs many times more, being a conductor it is prone to inducing radio interference under certain conditions, specially near motors and radio frequency equipment.

The Frames kits are $29.99 complete with Frame and landing gear parts.
S&H depends on destination and how you want item shipped.
Old Aug 03, 2002, 05:56 AM
Norfolk, UK
Joined Jul 2002
595 Posts
Where can I buy one of these?.....I followed the link above - but couldn't find it.
soundman is offline Find More Posts by soundman
Old Aug 03, 2002, 01:17 PM
jk
Huntington Beach, CA
Joined Apr 2001
1,281 Posts
all of the pictures look a little different?
the top one has the landing gear struts going straight down, inline with the chassis. the side view shows them angled forward and the third one has really long landing gear struts. which one is the one that you're offering?

and how much does it weigh?
jk is offline Find More Posts by jk
Old Aug 03, 2002, 02:54 PM
Joined Mar 2002
768 Posts
I would kill to see something like this for the Hornet! I break gear left and right which leads to a ton of glue around the mounting area on the frame...turns into a real mess which I hate. $18 for the frame and like $15 for the new gear...gets expensive and is a REAL pain to replace.
Crasher is offline Find More Posts by Crasher
Old Aug 03, 2002, 02:54 PM
Joined Mar 2002
768 Posts
Btw, I love the design...a lot of mounting room like the larger machines!
Old Aug 03, 2002, 02:56 PM
Joined Mar 2002
768 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jk
all of the pictures look a little different?
the top one has the landing gear struts going straight down, inline with the chassis. the side view shows them angled forward and the third one has really long landing gear struts. which one is the one that you're offering?

and how much does it weigh?

Uhm it says "for the Piccolo and Robin" so I'm assuming the top two are Piccolo's and the last is a Robin....
Old Aug 03, 2002, 04:33 PM
Permanently banned
Mesa, Arizona, USA
Joined Jul 2000
2,976 Posts
The landing gear is a bit angled, as in the Piccolo photo, look closely.

Polls have indicated that people want more robust and durable parts in their models. Starting out with robust frame designs. This is one reason for offering this new MIAG10F frame.

Better tehnology is available today, in particualr battery technology, a few extra grams of weight don't make a whole lot of difference, anymore, I mean look at some aftermarket parts like all alum swash plates, rotor heads, etc, which are heavier than their original plastic parts but are being offered because we can afford a little extra weight and are more durable.

I have designed this frame to meet most peo-ple's primary needs, to have a model that is solid and indestructable, specially during the learning stages.

The benefits should be clear, if not then they will be, once you try try the frame. Some have already commented on other Ezone posts on MIA's other similar frame designs and Piccolo retrofit kits, so I designed this frame along the same lines, taking people's feedback and needs into account.

The frame is offered with short or long struts (your choice). The long ones are required to work with our Hughes 500 canopy for scale, works equally well on your Piccolo or Robin, but can also work with the standard Piccolo canopy for a different attractive and very realistic H500 look as in the photos below, which were taken with Piccolo standard mehanics.
Old Aug 03, 2002, 05:05 PM
Permanently banned
Mesa, Arizona, USA
Joined Jul 2000
2,976 Posts
Crasher,

There is also a G10 frame for the Hornet coming soon.

I want to confirm the frame in all the photos is the same. The only thing different is the canopies and the longer legs which are no big deal because the strut supports are the same in either case and accept short or longer struts.

Here is a side view of the frame with short legs.
Old Aug 03, 2002, 05:35 PM
jk
Huntington Beach, CA
Joined Apr 2001
1,281 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up Mario.
your new frame looks nice.

johnk
jk is offline Find More Posts by jk
Old Aug 04, 2002, 12:55 PM
Vicksburg, MS
Joined Jan 2001
867 Posts
Seems Mario's posts can generate sarcasm but I assure you this post is serious (NO FLAME).

I've always heard that imitation if the greatest form of flattery. Thus, I am very flattered that MIA is making a variation of my Robin frame design. Nice to know my work has had an influence on the U frame design. From the main shaft forward it is almost an exact copy of mine. Very cool.

JB
johntbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johntbyrne
Old Aug 04, 2002, 01:29 PM
Joined Mar 2002
768 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by johntbyrne
Seems Mario's posts can generate sarcasm but I assure you this post is serious (NO FLAME).

I've always heard that imitation if the greatest form of flattery. Thus, I am very flattered that MIA is making a variation of my Robin frame design. Nice to know my work has had an influence on the U frame design. From the main shaft forward it is almost an exact copy of mine. Very cool.

JB

lol...what was this post about?