SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 02, 2002, 10:10 PM
Joined Jul 2002
3 Posts
Lite Machines- bad business practice

My experience with Lite Machines
7-27-2002
I just got a Corona from Lite Machines.I ordered spare main rotor blades and tail rotors with my kit.What I got for spares wasn't what I ordered.The main rotor blades were 4 inches shorter than those that came with the kit.They sent me tail fins instead of rotors.Then they want to tell me I ordered the wrong parts instead of admitting they have a problem with their shopatron ordering system. I wrote them and they said send the parts back and they will resend the correct parts.So I have to pay shipping again for their mistake.

8-02-2002
Update: I sent the parts back to Lite Machines. Their representative called me today and said that one of the parts I returned wasn't in the box.It was two tail fins and two main rotor blades.I counted four pieces when I sealed the box.I asked her if the box was damaged in transit.Her reply was " no". They won't admit to losing it.They also said I had to pay the shipping again($5.00). I asked her to reconsider the shipping charges. Her reply was "No". It cost me $1.16 to return the parts back to them ; yet they want to charge me $5.00 to ship the parts . That makes three times I have had to pay shipping.They like to stick it to the customer every chance they can. Also , I didn't get credited for the part that I already paid for and was "supposedly" missing. I won't order nothing through them again.When I need parts ; I'll go through a hobby shop.I've also read other RC forums where they've screwed other customers over. They seem to forget ; it's the customers that keep them going. Buyer beware!!!
Rocket58 is offline Find More Posts by Rocket58
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2002, 11:36 PM
Zebulon, NC
Joined Aug 2000
5,086 Posts
Re: Lite Machines- bad business practice

Quote:
Originally posted by Rocket58

When I need parts ; I'll go through a hobby shop.
The hobby shop will have to get them from them anyway.
Steve H. is offline Find More Posts by Steve H.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 03, 2002, 12:06 AM
edison,nj
Joined Jun 2001
115 Posts
Hi,

I have similar experience. I ordered parts from them several times. I ordered according the the Corona manual. However, some parts came are for LMH110. I talked to the girl and she waive the shipping for the second round. I didn't bother to send back the incorrect parts. (of course, I get no refund).

I would said that the system of parts number of Corona are in very bad shape. I already told them. Might be, when I have time next week, I would call to Paul, technical support of Lite Machine, to see what could they improve. Frankly speaking, their parts are cheap. So now, I call them directly, instead of going through that web-based system, to order the parts I want.

It might seems that I am going backward to solve the problem, but, what can we do? To me, helicopter is for fun. Why bother too much? They need to improve and we shall give them some time. Forgive people whenever we can, and enjoy the flying.

This is just my own pinion. I do not associate with Lite Machines in any sense, except I have the Corona, which still have some "swing" problems.

Eric
ericss is offline Find More Posts by ericss
Old Aug 03, 2002, 12:52 AM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,803 Posts
HMM, I have good luck so far.

Perhaps Dave or Paul will "zone" in on this and answer a question our two?
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Old Aug 03, 2002, 06:01 AM
Kou
Andover,MA.,USA
Joined Aug 2001
736 Posts
I got problem as well

I did the same thing as Rocket58 and did not know until the blade arrived. There is none mentioned in their electronic mail order system that the blades are different between the 110 and 120. The next couple order was un-eventful until the last one when the lady from the other end was not that friendly. I detail the part number and description but she told me all she need is the part number as if she was in a hurry and did not confirm the items that I have ordered. When I got my order in the mail, instead of 2 blades they sent me 2 set of blades (4 blades) and they charge for them too.

Anyway, the Corona is a relatively economical heli (Relative because it is still not that cheap, I spend at least $250-$300 on parts since I purchase the heli this Christmas) but as ericss said, this hobby is for fun and I do have an ECO8 which I considered to handle better than the Corona (but relatively expensive to maintain). So once I am less prone to crashing my machine, I probably will put Corona in the background and fly my ECO8 exclusively.
Kou is offline Find More Posts by Kou
Old Aug 03, 2002, 08:19 AM
USA, IN, Nineveh
Joined Apr 2002
2,404 Posts
I guess that everone can have a bad day. There is no excuse for a sales clerk to be rude to the customer though.

I have ordered directly from Lite Machines three times in the last six weeks. Every order was received exactly as I ordered it and arrived in two days. Maybe I have just been lucky but I am very happy with them. Plus when I was having interference problems that I couldn't work out, Paul spent a great deal of time on the phone with me to get things working properly.

I hope that your future dealings with them are more pleasant. I have ten helicopters but still enjoy flying the Corona in my back yard. It is a fun, tough little helicopter.
tdearth is offline Find More Posts by tdearth
Old Aug 03, 2002, 08:39 AM
Kou
Andover,MA.,USA
Joined Aug 2001
736 Posts
Tech support

I do have to agreed that their tech support seem to be good. I don't know who I spoke to but that was before I ordered the heli regarding whether I should ordered the Fusion motor along with the heli. The recommandation was that I should....... so I ordered the Fusion along with the heli.........but after using the motor, I wish I had started with the Atomic Force from day one.

MK
Old Aug 03, 2002, 04:05 PM
Joined Mar 2002
768 Posts
I don't think they sell ANY Corona parts on their webpage...I had to call. So I'm guessing it was you who screwed up...then again they could've been a little nicer about it.
Crasher is offline Find More Posts by Crasher
Old Aug 03, 2002, 07:33 PM
Kou
Andover,MA.,USA
Joined Aug 2001
736 Posts
Lite Machines Web Order Page

Crasher:

The following URL is the Lite Machines' web ordering page.

www.shopatron.com

You can then select Lite Machines to order parts for Lite Machines. Alternatively, you can go to the Lite Machines site and on the lower right you can find the 'Shopatron' icon. Just click on it will direct you to the Shopatron web order page for Lite Machines.

Interestingly, I just check their web order page and found that the Corona blade is listed. It was not there as of 2 weeks ago. They probably had just updated the ordering system after reading this thread....???

MK
Old Aug 03, 2002, 07:49 PM
Joined Mar 2002
768 Posts
Re: Lite Machines Web Order Page

Quote:
Originally posted by Kou
Crasher:

The following URL is the Lite Machines' web ordering page.

www.shopatron.com

You can then select Lite Machines to order parts for Lite Machines. Alternatively, you can go to the Lite Machines site and on the lower right you can find the 'Shopatron' icon. Just click on it will direct you to the Shopatron web order page for Lite Machines.

Interestingly, I just check their web order page and found that the Corona blade is listed. It was not there as of 2 weeks ago. They probably had just updated the ordering system after reading this thread....???

MK

I knew they had a page that sold 110 stuff but nothing for the 120...maybe they updated.
Crasher is offline Find More Posts by Crasher
Old Aug 03, 2002, 07:54 PM
Kou
Andover,MA.,USA
Joined Aug 2001
736 Posts
Lite Machines ordering system

I don't want to give anyone the impression that the Corona is a bad heli and I enjoy every second flying the heli. The tech support guys there are friendly on the phone. What I am trying to say is that they have some problem with their ordering system and hopefully it will improve over time. I call in most of my parts order now because

1) Not all the part are listed on their web order page and I did screw up because of that (New to Lite Machines so automatically assume LMH110=LMH120 since most of their parts are interchangable). This problem may have been corrected but I think it is still difficult for a NEW Corona owner to know what part is for what machine unless you are familier with the LMH110 and the LMH120.
2) I believe someone mentioned in one of the thread here that you get faster shipment from Lite Machines if you order over the phone.

MK
Old Aug 03, 2002, 09:24 PM
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Joined Apr 2002
62 Posts
I am thankful that there is an American company
that makes a great electric heli.

Their tech support is good and they are friendly.
I live in Indianapolis, and it takes 2 days to get
spare parts.

But I know what the original poster is talking about.
There is a person there w/ an attitude.
But all of them are good people, because they
fly RC's like us.

-Art
a.gator is offline Find More Posts by a.gator
Old Aug 05, 2002, 03:12 PM
Apex, NC
Joined Jan 2002
1,492 Posts
Art,

How's your heli flying?

Which esc did you end up with?

Victor
vkmaynard is offline Find More Posts by vkmaynard
Old Aug 05, 2002, 09:27 PM
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Joined Apr 2002
62 Posts
Hey Victor,

I take back all bad things I've said about Corona.
It turns out it was just me.

Thanks again for the recommending the
C40-12S w/ the Master 40-3P.
No problem in 3 months so far.

My mistakes were:

Over-tightening the bolts at the pivots.
Having the TX set up for CP Hornet, duh!

It flies great in wind gusts.
And it hovers like a rock.
(No more tail boom strikes during landings)
"Tough as nails" like another Corona fan posted.

How's your Corona?

-ART
a.gator is offline Find More Posts by a.gator
Old Aug 06, 2002, 12:26 AM
Apex, NC
Joined Jan 2002
1,492 Posts
Fantastic. Zero maintenance. Just fly.

The Hacker and the Futaba GY240 made this model such a great amount of fun. I don't personally think there is a better combo. I've yet to see anyone post better than 9.5 minutes low hover times plus lots of reserved power with another system on 7x2400 batteries.

My two sons (10 & 8) finally started flying it and can hover like no tomorrow. A gas guy at the field was mystified that I've nailed nose in, 1020 degree pirouettes, etc. I explained that it doesn't break every time you touch the ground.

The Hacker brushless experience was so great that I just replace my 8 year old sonís Magnetic Mayhem/MAS 2.5gear box/ that crapped out after 30 fights with an AXI 282010 rotating can motor and a Jeti 40 3P controller (Hobby Lobby $150). If that wasn't enough I upped the cell count to 10X1700SCR. How about 400+ watts in at 39+ amps and 300+ watts to the prop on a 3 lb model! Should be able to hang the PT electric on it's prop.

Art, I am so glad the Hacker worked out for you.

What are your flight times like now and what is your final setup?

Thanks,

Victor
vkmaynard is offline Find More Posts by vkmaynard