HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 22, 2006, 02:56 PM
Joined Apr 2004
52 Posts
Mini-Review
Sportwerks Chaos 1/16 4WD nitro buggy

I went into my LHS yesterday for just a few small things.I stumbled across this little buggy it was so tiny I had to have it.Keep in mind while reading this I have never had anything near this scale so I have nothing to compare it against.

Upon opening the box the 1st thing was to be expected I hate the radio.RTR's usually have low grade radios but this TX is the uglyist thing ive ever seen bulky & just plain funky.Having said that it seems to function well and get good enough range.When I 1st fired the buggy up it was very very rich (good thing on a RTR nitro) The first few tanks was very unimpressive as a nitro being broke in usually is.As I began leaning up the mixture the buggy started showing some life.

The buggy handles like a dream ,very stable & smooth,good braking,good turning,and tracks very straight.I think its quick for its size but dont expect 1/10 scale nitro performance out of this little buggy.

Quick (seems to lack low end punch may improve with fine tuning)
handling+ A1
nitro
size- can have an offroad track in my small back yard!
price

dislikes
TX
small gas tank (run time not real great)
fixed camber

Overall I really like this buggy! CVD's & adjustable camber would be nice.I've seen mixed reviews for this buggy online but I cant complain if I had it to do over Id buy it again.
Slink is offline Find More Posts by Slink
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2006, 12:13 PM
Encino, CA
Joined Apr 2006
109 Posts
I saw that buggy at rcx looked like a cool little car. The only thing I've seen similar is the new kyosho mini 1/18 coming out soon. The cool aluminum chassis on it and the beefy parts had me drooling the price was a bit rich for my taste tho it looked like a very nice quality buggy. How are things going with it still? Everything holding up?
airdawg is offline Find More Posts by airdawg
Old Sep 05, 2006, 06:22 AM
jimi hendrix
Joined Apr 2006
1,509 Posts
looks gd...

good reviw
spitfire123 is offline Find More Posts by spitfire123
Old Sep 23, 2006, 11:47 PM
Joined Dec 2005
4 Posts
Hello,
I was wondering if any of you are looking for a chaos.
I bought one 2 weeks ago @ Hobbytown USA in Kennesaw GA. Its a great little nitro. Like new (aside from a few scratches to the chasis) Good speed & accel. for a truck its size. Well made & easy to work on. I bought it for my 6 year old but the poor lad lacks the eye hand coordination to handle it safely... I run an RC10GT so have no need for this little one. I have 10-15 tanks through it. I kept it rather rich, to keep the speed down for my son. Its never been run on dirt only on the street. I installed a pair of street slicks & new wheels. It comes in original packaging & a few extra parts. : Spare pull start ($20)
complete screw kit ($8) a spare air filter kit & gas cap ($15) Let me know if your interested. I paid $269 @ Hobbytown & will let it go @ a big mark-down. I can send pics if needed.
TNX David
spizzed is offline Find More Posts by spizzed
Old Feb 24, 2008, 11:01 PM
maple falls
Joined Jul 2007
52 Posts
how much are you selling the buggy for? i want one i saw one at hobbytown in bellingham and i want it so how much are you selling the BUGGY for and only the buggy, spzzed?
1m2m3m4 is offline Find More Posts by 1m2m3m4
Old Mar 21, 2008, 11:40 PM
Joined Apr 2005
18 Posts
Post is two years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1m2m3m4
how much are you selling the buggy for? i want one i saw one at hobbytown in bellingham and i want it so how much are you selling the BUGGY for and only the buggy, spzzed?
Hmm that is a two year old ad. I have one I'll sell you though make an offer.
It has about 2 cups of fuel through it.
Bad Maxx is offline Find More Posts by Bad Maxx