HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 22, 2006, 02:42 AM
Joined Jul 2006
7 Posts
Discussion
What are your thoughts on the GeniusRC 490DX?

Hey guys, what are your thoughts on this new helicopter which came out in the past few months:

The Geniusrc 490DX, it's a high quality CNC alternative to the 450SE. It's website is still being made as it's a new, and this ebay store (i messeged them), their store was the official dealer of the heli and its parts.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Ready-To-Fly-CNC...QQcmdZViewItem

So far the comments have been good, and i since t's cheaper than the 450SE, i'm actually considering it (or even this particular package), because i don't have much money to burn

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Chetan
PcKSnipE is offline Find More Posts by PcKSnipE
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2006, 02:47 AM
Suspended Account
Redding, Ca
Joined Nov 2005
5,040 Posts
I have one and its a great little machine, i actually designed the canopy mount system and originally put that canopy on it. The only thing i advise is to threadlock everything and rebuild it when you get it. And dont get the one with gyro becaus ethe gyro sucks.
Nick J is offline Find More Posts by Nick J
Old Jul 22, 2006, 02:49 AM
Suspended Account
Redding, Ca
Joined Nov 2005
5,040 Posts
Actually if you buy that one just replce the gyro and tail servo. But i havent found a problems with the cyclic servos. and i am doing 3d with them.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 02:56 AM
Village Idiot
3 Sheets to the Wind!
Joined Oct 2004
631 Posts
I have never heard of it but it looks beautiful, especially the tailrotor system! If you get one let us know how it goes. Be warned in advance that you will probably get an influx of smack talking...oh thats a knock off of this and its crap and this and that. Don't listen to it, if it flys good enjoy it!

Ron -
rookbartley989 is offline Find More Posts by rookbartley989
Old Jul 22, 2006, 03:50 AM
Joined Jul 2006
7 Posts
Thanks Nick, and Rook!

Nick, did u get the instruction manual with it? Or did u just figure out how to assemble and dissamble it? Also dd u get the RTF version with the futaba E6XH, if u did is it any good.

Cheers

Cheers
Old Jul 22, 2006, 04:00 AM
Suspended Account
Redding, Ca
Joined Nov 2005
5,040 Posts
I am actually a test pitot for the company who makes them. I use my own tx. But i have used the 6exh what are you planning on doing with it? Also it come prebuilt but i was advising you to locktite all the nuts and bolt.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 06:54 AM
Joined Jul 2006
7 Posts
Wow you're a test pilot for the company? Nice!

The thing i'm worried about is the discontinuation of the spare parts o you think support for this helicopter would be around for long?
Old Jul 22, 2006, 07:11 AM
Suspended Account
Redding, Ca
Joined Nov 2005
5,040 Posts
Yea , they will probably be around for a long time, plus it uses almost all the same parts as the trex. Check out, www.theflyingmachines.com this is the site of the people who design the heli.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 08:04 AM
Medina, OH
Joined Nov 2004
60 Posts
"Yea , they will probably be around for a long time, plus it uses almost all the same parts as the trex."

I'm not slamming this heli as I know nothing about it. I'm also not slamming on you Nick either.
That comment you made, unless proven by you or someone else with credit, I would be afraid of. The only reason I say this is that everyone said that about the T-rex and the MX400. I know for a fact and from personal experience and wasted money out of my pocket that statement is completly false. Nothing on the MX400 will fit on the T-rex without either repleacing the whole section your working on, or serious modification. Anybody who says different is flat lying. I've tried this with several parts.
So point of my post is, make sure you can get parts for that bird, or just spend the little extra and get a T-rex.
Dan
Logan826 is offline Find More Posts by Logan826
Old Jul 22, 2006, 08:11 AM
Suspended Account
Redding, Ca
Joined Nov 2005
5,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan826
"Yea , they will probably be around for a long time, plus it uses almost all the same parts as the trex."

I'm not slamming this heli as I know nothing about it. I'm also not slamming on you Nick either.
That comment you made, unless proven by you or someone else with credit, I would be afraid of. The only reason I say this is that everyone said that about the T-rex and the MX400. I know for a fact and from personal experience and wasted money out of my pocket that statement is completly false. Nothing on the MX400 will fit on the T-rex without either repleacing the whole section your working on, or serious modification. Anybody who says different is flat lying. I've tried this with several parts.
So point of my post is, make sure you can get parts for that bird, or just spend the little extra and get a T-rex.
Dan
That sucks
Last edited by trexbuilding; Aug 19, 2006 at 07:35 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 08:15 AM
Medina, OH
Joined Nov 2004
60 Posts
Not an MX400 ??? I know this for a fact, and if you do please prove it. Right out of the package and on to your MX400.
Dan
Old Jul 22, 2006, 08:17 AM
Suspended Account
Redding, Ca
Joined Nov 2005
5,040 Posts
What about an mx400? This is not anything like an mx400?
Old Jul 22, 2006, 08:25 AM
Medina, OH
Joined Nov 2004
60 Posts
Nick,
Read my first post again. Then read it again. Then comment on it.
Dan
Old Jul 22, 2006, 08:15 PM
Joined Jul 2006
7 Posts
Well i thought about it, and i guess i'll have to go with the trex 450XL CDE when i get cash, because of support
Old Jul 22, 2006, 08:16 PM
Suspended Account
Redding, Ca
Joined Nov 2005
5,040 Posts
What radio you going with?