HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 21, 2006, 08:08 PM
Fairplay, Maryland
Joined Jun 2006
14 Posts
Video
Art-Tech Cessna 182 & Flyzone skyfly

This is a video of my first two electric rc planes The Art-Tech Cessna 182 & the hobbico Skyfly. I have been flying them for about a month now, and I pretty much got the hang of it. This is just some clips of me flying them at home. This video is a little shakie because my son was recording.
tktodd is offline Find More Posts by tktodd
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2006, 09:40 PM
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Jul 2005
1,038 Posts
Welcome to the "addiction" as some would call it.
Phoenex is offline Find More Posts by Phoenex
Old Jul 23, 2006, 07:34 AM
Joined Feb 2006
14 Posts
Art Tech Cessna 182 just so happens to be the plane I am waiting for right now! Like the video!
rocketboy86 is offline Find More Posts by rocketboy86
Old Jul 24, 2006, 08:00 PM
Fairplay, Maryland
Joined Jun 2006
14 Posts
Thanks guys!! Yeah, the cessna 182 handles very nice. I crashed it the first two times I flew it because it was very sensitive to the controls compared to the skyfly. But after that it was smooth sailing. Good luck with yours.

Todd
Old Aug 18, 2006, 11:01 PM
Joined Aug 2006
1 Posts
New to CESSNA 182

Quote:
Originally Posted by tktodd
This is a video of my first two electric rc planes The Art-Tech Cessna 182 & the hobbico Skyfly. I have been flying them for about a month now, and I pretty much got the hang of it. This is just some clips of me flying them at home. This video is a little shakie because my son was recording.
Hello

I'm pretty new to RC Planes but my chiledhood dream came true latly.
I bought my first Cessna 182 about 2 months ago I've crashed it a few times but the last one was a total destruction.
Now I'm building my second one learning from the first plane.If you have any suggestion for a begginer please let me know
THANKS and HAPPY FLYING
Attila
elcsi75 is offline Find More Posts by elcsi75
Old Aug 19, 2006, 02:51 AM
The Flying Kiwi
Mt Maunganui New Zealand
Joined Oct 2005
785 Posts
Todd
Welcome to the hobby. You seem to be progressing well! Those cessna's look quite scale in the air as well as being a e good bang for your buck.
I repowered one about a year ago with a BP21 and 2200x3s lipoly. Now it will nearly climb vertically and flight times are 30 mins or so. You can use the same prop with the odd adaptor that comes with the cessna.

Attila
I set this plane up for a beginner and found the std setup too twitchy. Try reducing the throws a bit. Also,remember that height is your friend. You will find that generally when you crash you are too close to the ground !!
Keep it up 50 meters (yards) or more if you can. It gives you a few more seconds to recover or figure things out if you wiggle a stick in the wrong direction.
When I was learning, I was amazed (many times!) how quickly a plane can go from totally in control to totally in the ground!

Good flying

Ralph
Ralph Walton is offline Find More Posts by Ralph Walton
Old Aug 20, 2006, 04:19 PM
Im the american dragon
Joined Aug 2006
133 Posts
does art-tech make a trainer system or connect to a buddybox as a slave? my dad has a wing dragon and i want to teach him how to fly!? THX
hotwood is offline Find More Posts by hotwood
Old Sep 16, 2006, 02:35 AM
Joined Sep 2006
3 Posts
Hi guys, i am just about to get the artech cessna 182 4ch RTF but am a bit unsure about what is comes with. Have heard that a simulator and usb cable are include. Is this the case for all of them or just from a specific shop?
Thanks
ringbearer is offline Find More Posts by ringbearer
Old Nov 28, 2006, 02:53 PM
rubber planes won't break
Miami, Florida USA
Joined Nov 2006
71 Posts
Nice flying have you tried right turns? lol

Hi Todd, I sent you a PM hopefully you will see it.

I am waiting for the arrival of my C182. Did you use the flight simulator that came with it? and if you did , do think it was helpful?

I was trying to decide on between the skyfly and C182 and decided on the C182, 1. because it looks cooler and more realistic, and 2. it really looks like it would fly easier than the skyfly.
X-ATC is offline Find More Posts by X-ATC
Old Nov 30, 2006, 01:06 PM
IWC
Joined Feb 2003
2,743 Posts
IWC is offline Find More Posts by IWC
Old Nov 30, 2006, 03:44 PM
Ustabee supported Unabomber
Ustabee supported Unabomber
Joined Sep 2006
1,192 Posts
Nice flying. Highlight of the video for me was about 50 seconds in when you asked your son if he got the low fly by on camera and he responds nonchalantly, "Um hum". LOL Maybe I'm overreacting but I found that funny as all get out!
countrygentleman is offline Find More Posts by countrygentleman
Old May 11, 2007, 03:27 PM
Fairplay, Maryland
Joined Jun 2006
14 Posts
WOW!! I thought this thread died a few weeks after I started it. Anyway, thanks for all of the great feedback everyone. Also, I still have both planes and just got done about eight flights today with my skyfly. I must say, I favor that cheap little skyfly over the cessna 182. I pretty much mastered that little plane. I just wish there was some hop-up motors for it. I also bought a Parkflyers Edge540T that I flew a couple of times (crashed).
Old Nov 16, 2007, 09:40 PM
Joined Sep 2007
14 Posts
I have a 4ch version. Wasn't overly impressed with the single aileron servo and wire pushrod,so I have fitted 2 servos and they work fine. It is a little sluggish for me,so I am in the process of fitting a 2836-1700kv outrunner to it.I will use a 8x6 Master airscrew on it .Hopefully,this setup will give it a bit more urge to get it airborne quicker.
This is a great little aircraft to have in the back of my car so that I can stop off at the local sports field on my way home from work and have a quick fly.
Bullet69 is offline Find More Posts by Bullet69
Old Jul 14, 2009, 04:17 PM
Rhode Island
Joined Dec 2008
105 Posts
hi i have actually just found one of tese in the dunes at my local beach and it was missing the main wing and the tail/rudder had a par snapped off of i. i looked for someone but noone was around so now i have it. i had to swap the recievers. but every thing works and i scored a third battery but it was nimh so i am trying to find a way to fit my lipo 11.1v 900mah battery in it. that is what i tested thhe electonics with. this is my very first plane that i will fly but i have built a depron F-22 and now i am going to wait on that and learn with this.by the way it is the art tech cessna 182 and im pretty sure it the 4 channel but im not sure because i dont have the main wing but by the looks and sounds of it i think it is. does any one know were i could get parts for this plane.
Corkey3211 is offline Find More Posts by Corkey3211
Old Jul 14, 2009, 04:18 PM
Rhode Island
Joined Dec 2008
105 Posts
sorry for reviving an ancient post .
Corkey3211 is offline Find More Posts by Corkey3211