HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 02, 2002, 06:02 AM
Steinkjer, N-T, Norway
Joined Mar 2001
66 Posts
Where to download nice plans?

I need nice scale plans for nice planes. Where can I find them? Some planes I would like to build:

Cessna 182
Piper Cub
Twin Otter
Hornet
Pitts

I really lik speed 400 size, but it's OK for me to scale up or down

Did I say I wanted to download for free?

Someone able to scan and/or mail?
Bajazz is offline Find More Posts by Bajazz
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2002, 10:31 AM
Designing on the edge
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Mar 2001
1,530 Posts
Check out my personal web site. It has ~200 free downoadable plans. Most are old FF rubber desings which can easily be scaled and converted to electric. There are some Piper and Cessna designs there too. They are in zipped Adobe Acrobat format. You can open also them in Photoshop and reassemble them if you want to print them out in whole form. I do this and insert the images into AutoCad where I can easily scale them and use them as a basis for new designs. It certainly shortcuts the process from the 3 view stage. I believe that TurboCAd Professional also offers an image insertion feature.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~bengco

Kurt
Bengtson is offline Find More Posts by Bengtson
Old Aug 02, 2002, 12:41 PM
NW California
Joined Mar 2002
114 Posts
You might cruse over to Joe's page and look at his free download plans. He has a Cub and I think a twin Otter as well as a lot of others. They are in DXF format and can be easily resized.
http://maryjo3.freeyellow.com/index.html
Jim
GHMBO is offline Find More Posts by GHMBO