SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 17, 2006, 04:18 AM
Find More Posts by PerViklund
Joined Apr 2006
6 Posts
Discussion
Curare plan in electronic form?

Howdy,

I'm going to build a super light micro version of my late great Curare pattern plane.

I'll try a few sizes between 500 to 900mm wing span.

...howeve, my old paper plan is HUGE
i tried to scan it in peices on my flatbed scanner and put it back together so I could scale the drawing but it was a mess.

-Does anyone have a Curare plan in electronic form to share with me?
My local copy shop wants over 100$ to scan the one I have :-(

Regards

Per
PerViklund is offline Find More Posts by PerViklund
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2006, 07:22 AM
Find More Posts by T.B.
gram obsessive
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2005
743 Posts
A copy center like Kinko's can probably scan and reduce your plan. Or better yet, find a reprograghics business, who deals in plans for builders, devolopers etc. That's who I go to to enlarge plans from magazines, to custom sizes. They are more professional and cheaper than a copy store, and can easily do reductions.
T.B. is offline Find More Posts by T.B.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 05:06 PM
Find More Posts by nfhill
Just Keeping UP
United States, ID, Moyie Springs
Joined May 2004
1,789 Posts
Scanning drawings can be expensive, especially if you go to a Kinko's! If you must scan the drawing, get a phone book and call every copy/print shop you can find and ask their price. It shouldn't be too hard to find shops that can scan drawings 36" to 48" wide. Many large format printer/copiers also have the ability to scan.

Awhile back, my local Kinko's wanted $30 to scan a single sheet. A family owned shop a few miles farther away scanned my stack of 3-views for $3 a sheet, plus $1 for the CD to store the files on.

Nick
nfhill is offline Find More Posts by nfhill
Old Jul 18, 2006, 04:07 PM
Find More Posts by ken_keeler
AMA 148796
Where it Rains
Joined Jul 2002
1,058 Posts
Per,

If you need help amortizing the cost, I'd be happy to purchased a set of the reduced plans from you. I loved that ship!

Ken
ken_keeler is offline Find More Posts by ken_keeler