Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 16, 2006, 07:34 PM
Joined Apr 2006
890 Posts
FAQ
Official: Cessna Airplane Thread

:Information:
Hello Everyone, I thought I would start a thread where all RC pilots, Builders, etc...have a place to talk about there Cessna Skylanes, or any line of Cessna.
This thread is used to talk about Cessna's, show modifications, ask questions and show off your model.

Let me start off by saying that today is the 1st day I have ever worked with Ultracote or any covering material in my life. I had never used an Iron, Heat-Gun etc. I had purchased what I needed today.

Brief Bio of my Hobby Lobby Cessna 172:
I had purchased this plane from Hobby Lobby about a week and half ago. It's a stunning plane built of balsa and ply. It's a great plane for the sale price that i had bought for, which was 69.00. It's powered by an Ultrafly Frio 10/10 Motor, Art Tech 18 Amp ESC, 3C-LiPo. It's maiden flight was a few days ago and ended in diasaster after I tried to perform a stunt underspeed and really unaware of the planes capabalities yet. It was a 4-1/2 minute flight until she had crashed, broke the wing, damaged the motor mounts and some other small things. For me the wing scared me, I had broken it I have never fixed and tried to attempt to cover anything, instead I spent money on parts or a new plane for parts.

On a side note, the plane is beautifull in the air. Flys great and I can wait to have her up and running

Maiden Flight/Crash.
Click Here For Video

Pictures of the Aircraft:

A few days ago after crash:

Past few days and now repaired

Not liking the stock wheel strut covers, I decided I'd make my own and try out some more of the new covering and learning the skills of covering. I must say I like covering and very excited to be doing this now.

[/CENTER]
Pipercub18 is offline Find More Posts by Pipercub18
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2006, 01:30 AM
Off we go.............
Seattle, WA. USA
Joined Jan 2006
3,325 Posts
My babies

Well Jay I'll jump in with my Cessna, heck yeah dont mind if I do.

Mine is also from Hobby Lobby as well and is a balsa/covering pre-built ARF.
It is the L-19 Bird dog, Airforce version( Grey & black) the manufacturer is located in Thailand and called "Mega Model".

I have an E-flight Park 450 BL motor in it. An eflight 20a BL controller, and a 3cell 1200mah battery.
Radio is Spektrum DX6 & 4 Eflight S75's
Prop is an APC 10-3.8
She's had three test flights so far and all is fine & well with the exception of the landing gear struts being too soft a metal and has no spring to it at all, just bends and stays that way.
But she flies so smooth, and as fast or slow as you wish. With the dihedral it has it is very "self righting", that is to say lateraly stable.
With that 450 outrunner up front she leaps into the air in 20-30ft. and climbs like a homesick angel,.......... and then you can just throttle back to half and just putt around, or play around if ya want, the wing is nearly semetrical and will do aerobatics quite well and the rudder is quite effective. And it even penetrates wind real well, even as portly as she is. In fact it likes wind, alot like my other Arf from that same company, my PT-19 which just loves the wind it seems.(10-15mph no problem)
Well enough babbling, here she is :
SabreHawk is offline Find More Posts by SabreHawk
Old Jul 18, 2006, 07:49 AM
Joined Apr 2006
890 Posts
Yes I have seen those, they come in olive as well. Looks like a very nice nice plane My Hobby Lobby Cessna climbs and can really rock with speed too, I love the size of the plane because it make her very stable in the air. The rudder is very effective on my plane as well, but I can't wait to get some more flights in.

I'll be posting of my WM Cessna my Girlfriend bought me.

-Jay
Pipercub18 is offline Find More Posts by Pipercub18