SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 16, 2006, 01:02 PM
Oslo, Norway
Joined Oct 2005
58 Posts
Build Log
Walkera 22E..

Hi everyone.
I have recently started modifying my Walkera 22E. I have to admit its on my mind all the time. Yesterday i was dreaming 'bout it. Thats kind of ill, i know

I started with the CNC head & tail. It was fun & i took it to next level as well with the 3S lipo, 3200kv brushless & 30 amp ESC (Recommended!!). I also made a custom lipo holder in front of the heli, since it was impossible to balance the 22E with the battery behind the motor.

Last week i started on a PIC18FXXXX based project, that will be a 2 way telemetri system. It will include a 2,4ghz tranceiver, temp sensors (DS18B20) for head and tail motors, accel board for co-pilot(X & Y), lipo-alarm, RPM meter for head blades, altimeter(Motorola MPX4115) and a tiny GPS module. For the Rx/Tx side on the ground. I will have a 128x64 LCD, mini SDcard for saving data and possible a Playstation controller for controlling the heli So far i have completed the 2,4ghz wireless RX/TX and the heat sensors. More to come whenever i have the time..

I have also gone wild with some spraycans on my heli as you can see in the pictures. I was a little unlucky with the canopy. So i have to redo it..

BTW its starting to get a little heavy. But it is still flying

PS: Check out the LED's in front of the landing skids :P
Jan Rune is offline Find More Posts by Jan Rune
Last edited by Jan Rune; Jul 16, 2006 at 03:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2006, 07:04 PM
Reno, NV
Joined Dec 2005
1,001 Posts
It gets off the ground?!

Your LEDs are backwards. Red should be on the heli's left, green on the right.
jtspin is offline Find More Posts by jtspin
Old Jul 16, 2006, 09:35 PM
Oslo, Norway
Joined Oct 2005
58 Posts
Hehe, yeah its flying very well

About the leds, my bad. Its not a big worry either. Im just gonna use them to show which mode the heli is in. Like when both LEDs are on. The heli is in "mode 1", both motors off. Like a "dont-cut-youre-finger protection". In "mode 2" the motors are on. And the LEDs will blink as navigation lights (with the LEDs on the wrong side )
Jan Rune is offline Find More Posts by Jan Rune