HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 15, 2006, 11:41 PM
Permanently Banned
Albuquerque
Joined Nov 2004
1,188 Posts
Discussion
The grup screws or set screws or whatever they are called

I just read about a crash because of this and I had a problem with my trex where the tail srew got loose it piro'd to the ground and I saved it ...im wondering what can be done to make it as firm as possible? Drilling more holes on the pinion to get more homes for more friction??? Im really worried about this issue and it bugs me because im about to finish up a quick 16 with about 3 or 4 of those screws...lol i would really hate to crash for some dumb reason like that...please could anyone put some input here??? thanks Marc
kogibankole is offline Find More Posts by kogibankole
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2006, 11:57 PM
Mad Heli Scientist
Rangiora, Canterbury, New Zealand (Aotearoa)
Joined Jun 2004
842 Posts
A flat on the shaft where the grub screw goes helps a lot, so will threadlocking the grub screw.

Shannon.
BigS is offline Find More Posts by BigS
Old Jul 16, 2006, 02:21 AM
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jun 2006
6,794 Posts
Also, allowing threadlock to get on the end of the grub screw helps a lot... threadlock will help the screw grip on the shaft, as well as in the thread. Flats help, but can also weaken the shaft, so be careful.
Andrew McGregor is offline Find More Posts by Andrew McGregor