SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 19, 2009, 11:28 AM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,199 Posts
Yes I thought I would drill lots of lighting holes after I get most of it completed nothing is cut to length yet either still playing around the design yet . Thanks for the reply . Bill
Mud Duck Bill is offline Find More Posts by Mud Duck Bill
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2009, 11:50 AM
Joined Aug 2006
1,462 Posts
Welcome Bill,

That's an interesting variation on the Minimum construction.

Please keep us up to date on your build.

PeterO_UK
PeterO_UK is offline Find More Posts by PeterO_UK
Old Mar 19, 2009, 12:11 PM
Joined Jan 2005
1,286 Posts
Bill,

looks a bit unusual, but nothing wrong so far. What kind of material are you using?

Jochen
JochenK is offline Find More Posts by JochenK
Old Mar 19, 2009, 12:51 PM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,199 Posts
Hey Thanks for the reply's Guys I am using 1/2 " cpvc water pipe for the main mast and some water pipe for the chassis length the motor mount is a piece of 1-1/4 sink drain pipe . I lot of looking around LOWES and HOME DEPOT then it hits you and its been right in front of your face. Remember it"s a redneck build with parts I can easily put my hands on so far cost is below $10.00. I'll keep you posted and again Thanks for the input. Bill Ps the blade section is next. not going to change much here waiting on the GF plate and looking for a place to get blades. Got any Ideas on size and where to order them ??
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2009, 12:56 PM
Joined Jan 2005
1,286 Posts
Bill,

Aerobalsa.com, Rotorblade Airfoil #20024RB.

Jochen
Old Mar 19, 2009, 01:13 PM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,199 Posts
OK thanks
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2009, 01:16 PM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Duck Bill
OK thanks
Only Break What You Can AFFORD
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2009, 01:30 PM
Joined Jan 2005
1,286 Posts
Bill,

look here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=31

Jochen
Old Mar 19, 2009, 03:31 PM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,199 Posts
OK Aerobalsa.com It Is .I like to build but that is more than I want to do right now. It is getting warmer now and the field is clearing of snow soon it will be time to fly and build on those days when it rains.I will keep checking in though. thanks JochenK. Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2009, 04:04 PM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,199 Posts
OK: Fellows a quick question the u shaped control plate that the servo arms hook to both ends point forward and not at right angels is this right and I don't mean to sound stupid but I can't see getting anything more than one direction out of that set up unless you have to use a mixing function on the radio. Is that right ? If I use an L shaped horn I can see right left with one servo aileron and forward back with the other servo elevator. will this work ? If not try to explain it a little to me Thanks Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2009, 04:39 PM
Joined Jan 2005
1,286 Posts
Bill,

I've never tested it, but it should work. The advantage of the original control plate is that you distribute the load equally on both servos.

Jochen
Old Mar 19, 2009, 05:50 PM
Joined Aug 2006
1,462 Posts
Bill,

If you go for a roll and pitch in place of a load sharing arrangement, you need to look at the recommended head tilt angles. You will need to make the pitch arm longer than the roll arm (assuming you use 100% endpoints on your transmitter and the servo arms are the same length) as the pitch tilt is less than the roll tilt.

On the load sharing setup the two ball joints are further away from the universal joint than they are from each other to get the same result.

PeterO_UK
Old Mar 20, 2009, 07:59 AM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,199 Posts
a-ha I see I have a Hitec radio Flash 5 system it has 3 pre-set mixes they are as follows Ail-rud, Elevon, V-tail. does one of these functions work for the U shaped plate. I would rather use that because it sounds like it distributes the work load more evenly. It also has the end point and rates up to 125% that you mentioned. when the time comes you guys will have to help me set this up OK? That is if my radio will work.

Only Break What You Can Afford
How do you get that quote thing to work?
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 20, 2009, 08:23 AM
Joined Aug 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Duck Bill
a-ha I see I have a Hitec radio Flash 5 system it has 3 pre-set mixes they are as follows Ail-rud, Elevon, V-tail. does one of these functions work for the U shaped plate.
Yes, the Elevon mix is the one you want. Moving the aileron stick shoud move the two servos in opposite direction, while moving the elevator stick should move the two servos in the same direction.
Quote:
I would rather use that because it sounds like it distributes the work load more evenly. It also has the end point and rates up to 125% that you mentioned. when the time comes you guys will have to help me set this up OK? That is if my radio will work.
We'll help when the time comes A few pictures often helps sorting out such things.
Quote:
How do you get that quote thing to work?
Press the "QUOTE" button to star your reply, then edit the text.
In the next line I've used "(" and ")" but you have to put "[" and "]"...
Add (/quote) to stop the quote and (quote) to start the quote again.
PeterO_UK
Old Mar 20, 2009, 09:50 AM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,199 Posts
Well I went to aerobalsa and the 20024BR are all sold out can I use someone else brand as long as they are 2in wide X 48in long ? Bill
RCG Plus Member