SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 03, 2012, 02:52 PM
Joined Sep 2004
91 Posts
Hi Rich,

Thanks for that, I have followed Jochens plans for the V4 2 blader, it started in this thread at post 26, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=543196&page=2
I have only made minor changes which are to stiffen up the main axle and servo pushrods. I prefer the flying than the repairing!!!!.

The V4 does have a greater tilt built into the frame compared to the 3 blader.

Mick.
boomerang is offline Find More Posts by boomerang
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2012, 08:55 AM
Joined Sep 2004
91 Posts
Nearly finished, I just have to set up the correct throws and expo and then it is ready for a test flight!!! It will be next weekend before I get a chance to do the test flight, fingers crossed.

Mick.
Old May 07, 2012, 09:18 AM
United Kingdom, England, East Grinstead
Joined Nov 2007
117 Posts
Got all the bits together, just waiting for my universal joints to turn up, and then I will make a start. I will be making my own blades, but apart from that, it will be as per the plan. Looks really good with the two blade head, be interesting to see how you get on with it.

Cheers,
Simon
Si_B is offline Find More Posts by Si_B
Old May 07, 2012, 11:03 AM
Joined Sep 2004
91 Posts
Hi Simon,

Great that you are going to build one, if you need any help then just ask, post a few pictures as you go along.

Mick.
Old May 07, 2012, 08:50 PM
Elizabeth South Australia 5113
Joined Nov 2005
1,711 Posts
G'Day Mick
I wish you well with your test flights. All I can say is that my 2 blade attempts were pretty tragic ,but am very interested to know of your angles as I found that they are completely different to the 3 blade version. As I have 2 Minimums with well over 250 flights of the 3 blade versions and only one successful 2 blade version.I am very keen to get my 2 blade flying. What blades are you using and any tip weight ??
Happy Landings
Chris..........
britinoz is offline Find More Posts by britinoz
Old May 08, 2012, 02:50 PM
Joined Sep 2004
91 Posts
Hi chris,
Thanks for your good wishes, I am expecting a bit of a challenge with the 2blader. The blades are the Aerobalsa ones, the same that I have on the 3 bladers. I have not weighted the blades.

Mick.
Old May 12, 2012, 10:46 AM
Joined Sep 2004
91 Posts
She does fly,
I had 2 flights today in a wind that was a bit marginal, the first flight was quite entertaining because the trim was quite a bit out. I had set a mix in the transmitter to add right aileron as the power was advanced. I needed full left trim and more to counteract. Anyway I survived that and then removed the mix for the second flight. The wind had not improved but after a little trimming she was flying quite well. The head speed appears a little slower but that might be deceiving with being used to seeing three blades. I need a better day to gain more experience. Sorry no vid or pictures, I will endeavour to get some footage next time.

Mick.
Old May 12, 2012, 09:05 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,711 Posts
G'Day Mick.
Glad to know of your success.............Hang @ head angle please............I have my model ready to test when I know these magic numbers................
Chris....................
Old May 13, 2012, 09:52 AM
Joined Sep 2004
91 Posts
Hi Chris,

I have just checked the hang angle and it is 5 degrees as per the plan, I did move the battery slightly forward yesterday because of the windy conditions so it would have been 5.5 ish.

Are you converting the 3 blade airframe? or have you built the 2 Blader as per the plan? the 2 blader airframe is different.

Mick.
Old May 13, 2012, 09:04 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,711 Posts
G'Day Mick
The 2 air frames I have has been flown in a 3 blade configuration. I must admit that I was not aware of a different air frame for 2 blade use..Is there much difference?
Chris........
Old May 14, 2012, 06:23 AM
Joined Sep 2004
91 Posts
Hi Chris,

Have a look at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=543196&page=2

post 17, there is a picture of the 3 blader V2 Airframe and then look at post 26 and the picture of the 2 Blader V4 airframe.

The Angles of the masts are different giving a more leaned back angle on the 2 Blader V4

Mick.
Old May 15, 2012, 04:44 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,711 Posts
Mick
Looks like it's a new airframe for me. I never noticed the difference.Lets face it they are minimal and I have managed to get a two blade flight out of my model .But I now see the difference and will knock one up in a couple of days.
Chris............
Old May 17, 2012, 02:16 PM
Joined Sep 2004
91 Posts
I managed a couple more flights this evening on the 2 Blader and 2 more on the original 3 blader, I had a great time with a friend with his RPG, still no video but I did take my camera but the memory was full just as we tried a few airborne shots. She is starting to feel very good in the air. We have planned to have another go tomorrow fingers crossed.
Mick.
Old May 21, 2012, 02:40 PM
Joined Sep 2004
91 Posts
Just a quick update,

The weather was a lot better over the weekend, plenty of flights on all the Autogyros and about a dozen flights now on the 2 blader. She is flying really well, a little faster in flight but it will hover in very little wind, I managed a few loops and blimey there is no cork screwing that you get with the 3 bladers. Not quite brave enough for a roll but it will happen. There has been a little video but I am waiting for my friend to post on youtube. I will paste in here as soon as. I am going to have to buy a camcorder, any recommendations?

Mick.
Old May 22, 2012, 12:12 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,711 Posts
G,Day Mick
Very glad to know of your success.I have just come in from the workshop and have nearly finished my 2 blade model. I know I am a bit of a pain ,but just to double check the angle on the head for level flight please and are you using any neg on the blades.
One more question AUW [everything] ? ?
Happy Landings
Chris................