HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 14, 2006, 01:27 PM
Joined Jul 2006
256 Posts
Discussion
Fix my CP or buy 400/450 size Heli?

I need advice I currently have a Blade CP as much as i love my CP and playing around in my living room w/it.. I cant decide if ill fix it go back to stock set-up or go for a bigger Heli... My problem is i added some weight (super skid, deans antenna, heat sinks) and it cant fly anymore.. I added the super skids because the stock ones are to fragile

My Current Set-up:
-Stock Motor 9T
-3s 1250Mah Lipo
-Heat Sinks
-Super Skids
-Bell Hiller
-Alu Swash Plate
-Symetrical Blades
-Deans Antena

The only thing i can think of is getting more upgrades to get back the rotating speed back and probably more blades etc.

1) E-flite 4100KV BL motor $50.00
2) Telebe 20A Esc $30.00
3) Ugraded one-way HUb + Shaft $30.00
4) 3 sets of blades $24.00
5) 3 sets of servo gears $10.00
6) Dual motor mount (tail) $18.00 (to compensate the BL motor)
7) Extra Tail motor $ 9.00
8) All of these will come from 3 diff. shops maybe + $30.00 Shipping

Total $201.00

Brand New 400Size Heli w/BL motor, ECS
and All Alu set-up + Light weight body $300.00

Any Suggestions?
Tomie is offline Find More Posts by Tomie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2006, 01:35 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Man, I got one with almost everything you are mentioning here plus the added weight of a scale body and Im pulling pitch at about a little more than half stick. Something needs some adjusting I would say.
darthdrk is offline Find More Posts by darthdrk
Old Jul 14, 2006, 01:46 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Heres the proof. You may need to adjust your pitch links as I said in the other thread, dump the stock blades and get the flat Hummingbird wood blades PN#CNE227 Im running stock motors and 1300MAH Lipo packs, the cheapies from Helidirect for 19.99
Old Jul 14, 2006, 01:47 PM
Joined Jul 2006
256 Posts
I dont think its the motor... what's your pitch setting? and am currently using a cheap Symetrical blades from Heli-direct http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...roducts_id=779 $8.00 only but w/out the skids my Cp can lift really nice.. Thanks
Old Jul 14, 2006, 01:49 PM
Joined Jul 2006
256 Posts
Daa What is that Beast

Is That CP?? your skid looks dsame as the Cps
Old Jul 14, 2006, 01:56 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Turn both your pitch links out a turn or two and recheck lift off(turn both pitch links the same amount of turns). Once you get it dialed in you will see a big difference.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 03:15 PM
Just call me crash.
Joined Jan 2006
1,308 Posts
Yeah Tomie you don't need to throw all that extra stuff at it just to get LIFT, many BCP fliers have the exact same problem totally stock. The BCP has plenty of extra get-go to carry a little more payload, and additionally I fly with the 8T motor just to run it a tad cooler (still hot though!)

Let me ask you this: as a temporary measure, if you push the throttle trim full forward before trying to fly, does it have enough lift? I'm betting it does. This shows you how close you are.

Before anything, make sure it's tracking correctly and the head is balanced, shaft is not bent, no wobbles, see ScottSSG's balancing thread/pdf file.

Two things: correctly set your pitch using a pitch gauge, and if it's still not lifting, your swashplate is probably riding just a smidge too high. Here's is some info I pasted in from this thread, this is probably going to solve your problem.

1. Disconnect motors
2. Power up TX, arm the heli
3. Set the TX in IDLE UP mode and set the throttle at mid-stick, 50%.
4. Set gauge for 0 degrees, slide gauge on one blade, adjust ball link until top of gauge is level with flybar.
5. Repeat for other blade.
6. TAKE TX OUT OF IDLE MODE and pull throttle stick back down.

At this point you can measure the pitch at no-throttle. I've been getting about 2.5 degrees of pitch with the throttle back, out of idle-up mode and it's a pretty comfortable pitch for learning, but when it goes into idle up the 0 degrees at 50% gives equal lift inverted.

If you set it as above and can't get lift out of idle up mode, begin lowering the swashplate by equally shortening all the swashplate pushrods. Reset the pitch as above - 0% at 50% throttle, idle up - and your lift problem should go away.

If it does, payPal me the money you would have blown on the extra stuff, as you saw by my other post I'm sure jonesin' for a CNC head right now.
rocknbil is offline Find More Posts by rocknbil
Old Jul 14, 2006, 03:21 PM
Joined Jul 2006
256 Posts
Working on it now Many thanks to both of you just charging my Lipos and test flight coming up

Quote:
If it does, payPal me the money you would have blown on the extra stuff, as you saw by my other post I'm sure jonesin' for a CNC head right now.
Hehe Maybe a new blade (rotor blade) will do?
Old Jul 14, 2006, 03:48 PM
Just call me crash.
Joined Jan 2006
1,308 Posts
haha ... Blades shmades, I've got a post coming up soon, I think I may have found a way to build your own blades. I cracked my tail boom putting a new dual mount on it and am waiting for parts to come in (nice going dork, everyone TOLD you not to try twisting it!)

As soon as I get it flying and test out a few sets, a full how-to will be posted, stay tuned!
rocknbil is offline Find More Posts by rocknbil
Old Jul 14, 2006, 04:53 PM
Joined Jul 2006
256 Posts
No good.. still wont lift.. Maybe my motor is burned..
Old Jul 14, 2006, 05:19 PM
Joined Jul 2006
256 Posts
Problem solve Its a burned out Motor good thing i have an extra motor..
Old Jul 14, 2006, 05:41 PM
Heli Noob
Grass Valley California, US
Joined Jun 2006
102 Posts
Mine had the same problem, i went flying one day, finished no problem that i could see. Next day went to use it and it just wouldn't lift off the ground. I noticed it sparking alot inside the motor. I didn't think i had put that much time into it.
Gonwee is offline Find More Posts by Gonwee
Old Jul 14, 2006, 05:45 PM
Germany
Joined Jun 2006
66 Posts
Sorry, posted twice!
sevenfifty is offline Find More Posts by sevenfifty
Last edited by sevenfifty; Jul 14, 2006 at 06:41 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 05:49 PM
Germany
Joined Jun 2006
66 Posts
Quote:
If you set it as above and can't get lift out of idle up mode, begin lowering the swashplate by equally shortening all the swashplate pushrods. Reset the pitch as above - 0% at 50% throttle, idle up - and your lift problem should go away.
I do not understand what the difference is ?

0 pitch at half stick is 0 pitch at half stick!!
Shortening all the swashplate pushrods and adjusting the ball links to 0 pitch at half stick you get the same lift as making the pushrods longer and adjusting the ball links to 0 pitch.

Please explain! I am asking, because i also have a heavy Blade (about 407g) with all the nice extras (super skids, swashplate, dual-tail,...) that will not really lift! (i use a 3600kv BL with CC10 and 8tooth =HS=2000RPM). >>>THREAD with my problem<<<

Didi
sevenfifty is offline Find More Posts by sevenfifty
Old Jul 14, 2006, 06:36 PM
Joined Jul 2006
256 Posts
Quote:
At this point you can measure the pitch at no-throttle. I've been getting about 2.5 degrees of pitch with the throttle back, out of idle-up mode and it's a pretty comfortable pitch for learning, but when it goes into idle up the 0 degrees at 50% gives equal lift inverted.

This is the proper set-up.. Check yours now before you do anything else

And w/the current set-up you have your CP should fly like a rocket