Old Jul 12, 2006, 10:26 PM
xtc
outrageously large member
no-where near tx
Joined Feb 2004
937 Posts
Discussion
buyer beware [kennedy composites]

after getting the severe run around from barry kennedy from kennedy composites i decided to look into his reputation as a dealer and have been stund buy the number a customers that have been disapointed with him

for those of you considering buy a glider from him ,here is what you can expect [at least ,i did]

my first mistake took place when i clicked on the ;order now button

after ordering i had not heard anything for a month and my credit card was not charged so i phoned him and was told that it was shipped

about 3 weeks later it arrives..hey wheres the shipping container that i payed 50 bucks usd for ?? its in a cardboard box????

oh-well barry`s a good guy rite? ill call and he will fix the chg`s but wait ,i better check that all the parts are there before calling him

i soon discovered that the box was not damaged but had a slight crush in it and the tailboom was bent [it must of had contant weight on it for a long period of time]

ok,so another lond distance phone call and barry tells me he will credit my card and ship out a new boom

i decided to give him the benifit of the doult and waited for my replacement

i also told him that i would ship my bent boom back to him as proof that they really will bend

three wks later i phone again [did i mention,im in CANADA?]

oh ,barry says ,,im looking for a tube to ship the replacement it but YES he had recieved my return [IN buety cardboard tube!!!!]

another two wks goes buy so i call again and he tells me its in the mail along with a personal check to credit me for the shipping tube blunder [remember the one i payed for but never seen]

today i phoned again and told him that im fed up with this non-sence and that i was going to ship the entire glider back to him for a full credit

barry responce was that i could ship the glider back to him for a full credit but when my replacement boom arrives[ he still insist that its in the mail] that i could stick it up my a$$

i have since done a search in the forum under vendors to find that im not alone in my thinking

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...t=barry+kennedy

man, i just keep finding more and more and so -on

xtc

Posts: 758 http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...t=barry+kennedy

xtc
xtc is offline Find More Posts by xtc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2006, 10:31 PM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,686 Posts
none of your links work...
soholingo is offline Find More Posts by soholingo
Old Jul 12, 2006, 10:33 PM
Support www.usf3jteam.com
Chicago IL
Joined Apr 2004
924 Posts
broken links....
little flyer is offline Find More Posts by little flyer
Old Jul 13, 2006, 05:33 AM
xtc
no-where near tx
Joined Feb 2004
937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soholingo
none of your links work...
bummer well ,please take the time to search yourself before dealing with this guy a quick search found at least 6 customers that were lied to continually

xtc
Old Jul 13, 2006, 05:47 AM
xtc
no-where near tx
Joined Feb 2004
937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by little flyer
broken links....
im not sure why [maybe because i cut/paste] but the links work on this thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537075

please review over there thanks for listening xtc
Old Jul 13, 2006, 06:54 AM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
FWIW The reason the links don't work is due to cut and paste. If the original has the three dots in it ... you need to right click on the link and use 'Copy Shortcut'

Thanks for the heads up.
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase
Old Jul 13, 2006, 02:55 PM
SCAMMERS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!
Kent, WA
Joined Dec 2003
2,797 Posts
did he really tell you to stick it up your...

that is lame!!!!!!! I was thinking about buying a blaster from him but now, hellllll to tha no!
trashmanf is offline Find More Posts by trashmanf
Old Jul 13, 2006, 03:58 PM
xtc
no-where near tx
Joined Feb 2004
937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanf
did he really tell you to stick it up your...

that is lame!!!!!!! I was thinking about buying a blaster from him but now, hellllll to tha no!
yep,he did ,,i was a inocent customer that was getting tired of waiting and when i told him that i wanted a full refund ,he told me i could refund the plane but once my replacement boom arrived i was to stick it up my a$$

i thought about it for a short time and then i thought NAH!!! I would rather keep my plane and except the fact that im without a tailboom [after all he has done this to me for the sake of about 20 bucks!!

P.S. here is a link for other BLASTER DEALERS http://www.airplane-model.com/dealers.html
i hear the shipping is free from japan?????

xtc
Old Jul 14, 2006, 07:08 PM
The Lone Blue Plaid Flyer
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,585 Posts
Hi Guys,

I had a similar experience, except that I got my plane in the end. It wasn't quite as bad as your experience. Vendors like this do a great dis-service to the hobby as a whole. If they don't want to be in the "business" , then they should bow out. Ego should not play a part in the business operation. Luckly there are only a small number of these guys out there. It was the same in the Amateaur Astronomy field. They usually don't last long after the word gets out about them. Good job of reporting. Thank you. Bob in Seattle
Bob Cook is offline Find More Posts by Bob Cook
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 16, 2006, 10:25 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
What is worse.. telling a guy to stick it up his arse? or threatening to crush your hands..
tic is offline Find More Posts by tic
Old Jul 16, 2006, 11:13 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,260 Posts
Threatening to crush your hands is MUCH worse.
Some might actually like something up their anal orafice.
Kenny Sharp is offline Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Jul 16, 2006, 11:19 PM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkens4
Threatening to crush your hands is MUCH worse.
Some might actually like something up their anal orafice.
LMAO!!!!!
soholingo is offline Find More Posts by soholingo
Old Jul 17, 2006, 10:45 AM
SCAMMERS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!
Kent, WA
Joined Dec 2003
2,797 Posts
did barry say he was gonna "crush your hands" ??? that sounds like a mob threat or something. was that so you couldn't fly anymore??? I'm waiting for someone to say he threatened to cut their ear off now... anybody seen reservoir dogs? that movie kicks @$$!!!!
trashmanf is offline Find More Posts by trashmanf
Old Jul 17, 2006, 04:25 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,260 Posts
Especially the conversation about Madonnas' Like A Virgin.
Very insightful.
Kenny Sharp is offline Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Jul 18, 2006, 12:44 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
NO, Barry / Kennedy composites did NOT threaten to crush my hands.. That was a completley different vendor and it wasn't Sal either. Also, it was not my hands he threatened to crush, it was another ezone member.. Do a search for "crush your hands" and you might find it.. It was all the buzz at the time.
tic is offline Find More Posts by tic