HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 12, 2006, 06:53 PM
find me @samotage
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jul 2005
8,362 Posts
Build Log
Can't help myself - Take it to the Limit!

I just couldn't resist.

I saw Jase's lil limit flippin around last weekend at Killy, and we discussed plans for a composite version. I was supposed to have a week off, but I got bored last night and I needed a new set of Jart tails... so I rekon I can better utilise available bot box and vac time by chuckin in a second batch of parts Plus I had just recieved Julians Limit EX plans, so, well, I may as well rip me some foam!

This little limit is going to have a lost foam fuz bolstered with Kevlar, a Kevlar baggeed wing in the hope she will be "bulletproof"! Clay pigeons anyone?

Wing is a 7% 6062.

Pics so far.
samotage is offline Find More Posts by samotage
Last edited by samotage; Jul 17, 2006 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Added the plans
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2006, 11:02 AM
Yorkshire, UK
Joined Aug 2005
458 Posts
Anyone ever thought of going the 'other way' - EPP limit??
alexholt is offline Find More Posts by alexholt
Old Jul 14, 2006, 12:15 PM
cranium accessories
Raleigh, NC
Joined May 2004
1,788 Posts
heres an EPP Limit

Looking forward to seeing this composite limit come along! I remember seeing one that had a carbon bagged wing last year sometime, then all of a sudden there was no more talk of limits til now! I guess these guys get bored fast
dustn is offline Find More Posts by dustn
Old Jul 14, 2006, 05:21 PM
Magic Blue Smoke costs to much
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2004
2,710 Posts
Hey Sam, It seems that there's no LIMIT to your building skill's in the LIMITed space you have in your shed. The small size of the LIMIT will mean that your LIMIT build thread will be LIMITed to only a few pages. I suppost that you have LIMITed time to work on your LIMIT EX between building your Jart but please don't LIMIT your build to the LIMITed time you have and don't LIMIT the build pix to a LIMITed amount. I can't wait to see your "Comp LIMIT EX" in the air, it'll really be something. Hopefully your LIMIT would be LIMITed to a few public outting and get LIMITed air time between all the other aircraft you have. Maybe we can get all the local slope crew to build little LIMITs in there different forms in a LIMITed time frame and we can have a no LIMITs LIMIT EX air race with no LIMIT to the number of LIMITs entered into the race, sorta like the REDBULL AIR RACE. Can you post your LIMIT plans here in this kinda LIMITed thread so as I can see the updated LIMIT EX and compair it to my LIMIT EX plans. Maybe I also need to build a bullit proof composite LIMIT to keep up with the "Samotages" of this electronic world that seems to have no LIMIT to what you can do with a set of LIMIT plans.

Ok, i'm off now as I have LIMITed my time to building my BD5 and reading about your new LIMIT. Hopefully next time we meet there will be no LIMIT to the number of LIMITs that turn up on the slope.

Hope I haven't LIMITed myself to only replying to your LIMIT thread with a LIMITed amounts of the word LIMIT.

Love and LIMITs

jason H.

jason H is offline Find More Posts by jason H
Old Jul 14, 2006, 06:39 PM
find me @samotage
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jul 2005
8,362 Posts
Unaware of any Limitations, samotage returns to the toyshop to concoct creations.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 06:39 PM
find me @samotage
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jul 2005
8,362 Posts
Just too funny there Mr Jason. LMAO!
Old Jul 14, 2006, 08:21 PM
by ZIPPER
East Kurrajong Sydney Australia
Joined Aug 2004
5,682 Posts
Been there, half done that. I started to do the lost foam fuse as the balsa one just doesn’t stand up to the landings, it was costing me a fuse every time I would fly it. I guess I will have to finish it now .

Glenn
ZIPPER is offline Find More Posts by ZIPPER
Old Jul 15, 2006, 12:18 AM
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2004
2,710 Posts
Very nice Zipper How did you bag the wing, one peace? If so how did you get the Mylar to bend both ways????? Thats a sweet looking Limit. Sorry to hear about the wood fuze problem. I've never busted anything on my wood Limit! I'm going to run 4 servo's in my new Limit, Why?, just for the hell of it......
Old Jul 15, 2006, 12:49 AM
TEAM OZSKUNKWORX
KORUMBURRA IN THE BOONDOCS
Joined Jan 2006
4,776 Posts
Just started templates for a limit myself holy cow there small little buggers ain't they should be limitless fun.
r/c junkie is online now Find More Posts by r/c junkie
Old Jul 15, 2006, 01:21 AM
find me @samotage
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jul 2005
8,362 Posts
All limitations are self imposed

Glenn, sweet limit there mate. You have given me an idea! Kevlar on top and carbon on bottom for better visibility you see

Only a little work today on the limit if you want to know why?, check out my Jart thread. This wing will be done one piece. The mylars will be split in two at the centreline to take account of those little pesky cuves.

...oh, and it will have 2 servos only. Sam thinks to himself just where is Jas gonna put all those extra servos...

With luck this wing will be in the box tomorrow night
Old Jul 15, 2006, 01:49 AM
You must die! I alone am best.
The Naughty Corner..Find me tweeting @slopetrashuk
Joined Sep 2003
5,011 Posts
What goes around sure does come around eh Jules!

Bagged, moulded, EPP, Depron, carbon, glass or good old wood.......
1/2 scale, twice scale, electric power, with flaps, without flaps, this wing , that wing, cross tail, v tail, t tail.......

Limitless.........
slopetrashuk is offline Find More Posts by slopetrashuk
Old Jul 15, 2006, 03:40 AM
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2004
2,710 Posts
Look'n good Sammy.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 03:47 AM
find me @samotage
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jul 2005
8,362 Posts
A stolen minute...

Wife says: We are going to dinner at 7.

I think: Great I can cut some mylar
Old Jul 15, 2006, 09:56 PM
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2004
2,710 Posts
Now thats one sexy looking Limit. Sam, what are you gunna make the Vtail outta. How about blue foam with a foil and vacc bagged, kinda like the hand launch boys do.