HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 12, 2006, 11:32 AM
I just love flying
Traverse City ,MI
Joined Dec 2005
907 Posts
Discussion
What is the Best Foamy of Nikitis Aircraft?

Hey everyone,
I was wondering what the best foamy of Nikitis aircraft in terms of 3D performance all around. Not just for te beginner but the Expert also. Thanks for your advice,

-Matt
MattZC is offline Find More Posts by MattZC
Last edited by MattZC; Jul 12, 2006 at 11:44 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2006, 11:43 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Aug 2005
338 Posts
charger rc. is the way to go. they have cheap priced kits that come with almost everything you need to complete the kit.
prodigy is online now Find More Posts by prodigy
Old Jul 12, 2006, 12:20 PM
Where's your CofG?
San Diego
Joined Apr 2004
777 Posts
Matt,
I've only flown the Mini Hot Rod. The Mini Hot Rod flies pretty good, hovers are reasonable stable, good elevator authority, good roll rate, really tight and fast blenders, and pretty good knife edge. The negatives are that it is very, very, very fragile and unless you do some good reinforcements there is a ton of tail twist. The short story is that mine only survived about 4-5 flights.

Gibby
Gibby is offline Find More Posts by Gibby
Old Jul 12, 2006, 02:11 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,463 Posts
I loved my full size Hot Rod. The easiest and funest 3d plane I have owned. Even I could hover it! The downside was the landing gear. Once I doubled up the carbon it was perfect. I would also use stronger servos than the HS55's that Hobby Lobby recomends. They seemed to work fine in the air, but the weight of the controls would strip the gears during transport in my car. I eventually made some control locks from clothes pins which seemed to cure the problem. My final flight ended with no control response at the bottom of a blender. I'm not sure what happened, but I think it may have been another stripped servo. It was hard to tell from the after math!
G.P. is offline Find More Posts by G.P.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 02:32 PM
I just love flying
Traverse City ,MI
Joined Dec 2005
907 Posts
Well I have 4 hs 55s so I was hoping to use thoes in whatever I would get.

thanks for the advoce I was considering that one.

thanks alot!

-matt
MattZC is offline Find More Posts by MattZC
Old Jul 13, 2006, 07:49 PM
Joined Jul 2004
57 Posts
I`ll second the full sized Hot Rod. One of the most all around fun easiest to 3-D planes I`ve had. You can`t go wrong.

MC
MarkCov is offline Find More Posts by MarkCov
Old Jul 13, 2006, 09:11 PM
Omaha, NE
Joined Dec 2005
461 Posts
Charger shifty or CR-1 are both winners

www.chargerrc.com
Upside-Down is offline Find More Posts by Upside-Down
Old Jul 14, 2006, 12:49 AM
Team Futaba
Rochester New York
Joined Oct 2004
950 Posts
How about the Nikitis Animal? Definitely the best 3D plane I have ever owned rolls really good and has allot of control at any attitude. I have used this plane in a few different competitions and am very pleased with it. You can check out my web site for more information and videos of me flying the Animal... www.devinrocks.com

Devin McGrath
Devin McGRath is offline Find More Posts by Devin McGRath