SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by rcsubs, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 10:29 PM
Joined May 2006
42 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
For Sale
RTR 1/48 scale Barbel Class RC Submarine For Sale

Britt Boyette made the hull kit, it is a 1/48 scale, it was made with Epoxy glass and vinyl-ester resin. The control surfaces are made from cast polyurethane resin. The kit contained the sub hull, sail, control surfaces and the screw. Britt Boyette is a SubCommittee member. http://subcommittee.com .

The boat has a heavy-duty gear reduction
The ESC is made by MCD
The sub has APC-2 and a Sub safe
Bill Marks made the WTC's

Radio functions are rudder, ESC, pitch and compensation unit,R134 is used to blow the ballast tank and a compensation unit is in the system to take on water as ballast so the boat keeps its scale waterline.

R134 is Ozone friendly and can be purchased at any automotive store,Wal Mart and even Walgreens carries it.

The radio is a Futaba with 5 channels and a channel expander with 8 more functions giving 13 channels.

Everything is included with the sub, radio, all electronics, battery charger and a wiring diagram so you will know how things are wired, this will come in handy if you decided to add working torpedos, working periscope, radar or on board camera. This sub is large enough to add anything you want.

This sub is 4’ 5” long and 7.5” in diameter.

Bill Marks is the builder of this sub model and he served as the XO on the real Barbel, this sub models hull number is 580 USS Barbell first in the class of the Barbell subs. The Barbel Class was the last of the Diesel Boats and only 3 boats were built.

Follow this link for the information on the real sub: http://www.navsource.org/archives/08/08580.htm .

Bill Marks lives in N.H. and is willing to show the person that buys the boat how to run it if you are willing to travel to N.H. to pick up the sub model.

Bill’s boat is for sale for $2800.00. Follow this link to see photos of Bill's boat:
http://subcommittee.com/SubComm/memb...m?MemberID=293

If you are interested and would like to see some photos please contact me by email, I have a winzip file that I can send you containing all the photos that I have.
darle.bennett@insightbb.com
dwb4926@yahoo.com
rcsubs is offline Find More Posts by rcsubs
Last edited by rcsubs; Jul 17, 2006 at 08:49 PM. Reason: corrections
to remove ads between posts
Closed Thread