HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2006, 01:24 PM
Ego varius quis.
Wisconsin
Joined Nov 2003
1,923 Posts
Discussion
Should we have a seperate Micro-sized for sale/trade forum?

First, I should mention that I'm not a micro R/C flight expert. (Heck, I don't even have a plane yet.)

That's my problem.

Most sub-micro R/C gear falls below the radar. Because it's really in a different category than the larger stuff, I doubt too many people have seen my request to buy micro R/C stuff.

In addition, sub-micro R/C gear is not a larger market, and many people are still buying homemade actuators from people such as Lord Leichty. (It seems like an appropriate nickname). If people could buy and sell custom-made and unusual parts, this hobby might become a bit easier to deal with. (For example, someone with a coil winder could sell inexpensive actuator coils, and make a few bucks. Another person might have some extra-thin mylar, and could in turn trade it for the actuator coils. Both parties are saved a lot of work.)

In addition, it would also make the hobby much easier to get into. Although Plantraco's r/c systems are nothing short of excellent, they're also not cheap, especially if you already own a perfectly good 72mhz transmitter. On the other hand, as recievers get smaller and smaller, people will have radio gear to sell. As a result, more people like me can both fly in their own room while still paying the rent on it.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, my "WTB" thread is here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...highlight=RFFS

Thanks,
Joe.
Cheesehead is offline Find More Posts by Cheesehead
to remove ads between posts