HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Chatenever, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 02:39 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
A non-profit company is a business just like any other. Any difference from "for profit" companies is all in peoples' heads. In order to continue to do business, a non-profit company must make a profit to cover the increasing cost of doing business.

Thanks for the thoughtful discourse, Jasmine... and yes, I understand your thesis; I'm an old line accountant (manufacturing and construction communities).

And I too am nothing to you, a nobody... just an old man who has always loved airplanes and flight... all I want to do is [try] and enjoy this hobby.

Thank you for your time...

... Lennie

.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:10 PM
Joined Aug 2012
4 Posts
I live in the Asheville NC area and i am a AMA Instructor with ABA http://www.abaeromodelers.org come by and look me up.
Doyle56 is offline Find More Posts by Doyle56
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:09 PM
Kentucky
Joined Dec 2008
497 Posts
Western Kentucky

Western Kentucky
Murray / Mayfield area.

Electric only, beginner to advanced.
Learn how to build your own foamies from scratch.
Contact me by P.M.
Ranandar is offline Find More Posts by Ranandar
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:42 PM
USA, CA, Oxnard
Joined Mar 2006
802 Posts
Doyle56 and Ranandar have been added. Thanks guys.
Chatenever is offline Find More Posts by Chatenever
Old Sep 13, 2012, 06:09 AM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,277 Posts
Flight lesson 1 introduction (6 min 1 sec)

We are starting a beginner program through youtube. check us out. we have a lot planned. please subscribe and follow along.
ryramZ is online now Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:41 AM
Crash Test Pilot
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jul 2012
380 Posts
I searched this thread but didn't find anyone in my area. Anyone from the Raleigh/Durham area in NC? Wow though, kind of wish I was closer to Ashville...tons of pilots out there...
Levictus is offline Find More Posts by Levictus
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:19 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryramZ View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyWdxqp2PcA&feature=plcp

We are starting a beginner program through youtube. check us out. we have a lot planned. please subscribe and follow along.
Good luck with that! If you find out how to get people to watch, let me know. Be sure you have your Adsense straightened out and don't use music - you can earn a nice chunk of change on Youtube (I get $100 about every 3 months).
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:42 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levictus View Post
I searched this thread but didn't find anyone in my area. Anyone from the Raleigh/Durham area in NC? Wow though, kind of wish I was closer to Ashville...tons of pilots out there...
Really? How is that possible. I see 10 clubs in your area in just a 25 mile radius. Have you checked your LHSs or searched for members close by via RCG search page?

There must be tons of people in R/D that fly RC. Let me know if you need help finding them.

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Who Appreciates Your Work?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:05 PM
Noob
United States, CO, Castle Rock
Joined Oct 2012
29 Posts
Excellent thread, but I wish there was a searchable database of the members so we can easily find an instructor.

EDIT: Got my answer two pages ago
ManiZ is offline Find More Posts by ManiZ
Old Nov 01, 2012, 05:17 PM
Joined Oct 2012
1 Posts
Need help building plane

Hi.

My name is Henry. I'm trying to build the 74 in Predator from HK. I need advice on some of the components i need to buy to complete the plane. Please let me know if i can contact you for help. Thanks

Henry
hlai709 is offline Find More Posts by hlai709
Old Nov 01, 2012, 05:20 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlai709 View Post
Hi.

My name is Henry. I'm trying to build the 74 in Predator from HK. I need advice on some of the components i need to buy to complete the plane. Please let me know if i can contact you for help. Thanks

Henry
Just use the forum for that. Post your question in the appropriate place (probably Beginner Training Area for electric planes) and wait for answers. Please post a good question, with clear and complete information. The more information you provide, the better your answers will be. Don't post a question you can answer on Google!!!
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Nov 10, 2012, 04:33 PM
United States, TN, Sevierville
Joined Mar 2011
15 Posts
Well I just started back into R/C, after many, many years. Last time I flew a plane you held onto a line, and back them you had to put gas in them. But now I am into electric. I have joined the AMA, and even joined a club 25 miles from my home. I haven't had much luck finding an instructor in my club, most folks seem to be to busy. I was able to get a pilot to fly one of my planes for me that had been built 17 years ago. I am to the point that I am ready to quit the club and the AMA an just try on my own to fly. I would love to fly again, rather than sit an watch others fly. I know how a grounded pilot feels. I looked at your list an found that there are no instructors in Tenn. Thanks (just call me grounded)
sarge566 is offline Find More Posts by sarge566
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:10 AM
USA, CA, Oxnard
Joined Mar 2006
802 Posts
Sarge -
It's hard to fathom that you wouldn't find someone if you showed up at the club flying field with your plane and asked someone to point you to someone who can help. But, if that's the case, then I'd share your view about the club.
Before you try it on your own, I'd try these three things:
1. Go to a local hobby shop and ask where people fly electrics. Then go there and ask for help.
2. If the shop has a bulletin board, take some names and phone numbers and contact them to ask for help.
3. Post an ad on your local Craigslist under Activity Partners.

What's different about electrics these days is that there are MANY more places that people fly as compared to the gasser days. Schoolyards, parks, vacant fields, etc..... you don't really need to find an organized venue like a club. My experience is that most flyers are willing to help out a beginner. Your club may just be the exception. I would certainly put more effort into contacting a local flyer for help before I risked flying without assistance.
Chatenever is offline Find More Posts by Chatenever
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:07 PM
Fly It Upside Down!!!
Bronx, New York
Joined Dec 2008
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kist2001 View Post
I am in New York City. I'm no whiz kid but I would be glad to help anyone who is interested. -Ken
Ditto.

In Bronx, NY.

Electric 3D Helis
Park flyers
Glow trainers

Cheers,
Ken Rodriguez.
3DFlyer-1 is offline Find More Posts by 3DFlyer-1
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:18 PM
United States, GA, Columbus
Joined Apr 2011
9 Posts
If you live in Columbus Ga area and are looking for a trainer i might just be able to help you! Send me msg to email address for this account. Lets go flying!
TheNext22 is offline Find More Posts by TheNext22