HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Chatenever, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 07:46 PM
UK
Joined Jun 2006
106 Posts
DELETED! by the poster
TazzyUK is offline Find More Posts by TazzyUK
Last edited by TazzyUK; Jul 31, 2006 at 08:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2006, 07:59 PM
Got shenpa?
Los Angeles
Joined May 2004
10,940 Posts
<sentence referring to a negative previous post removed, as that post was subsequently edited by the original poster>

Boomer, sixty odd years in the hobby and you're still willing to help out the new folks - way to go!

-Flieslikeabeagle
flieslikeabeagle is offline Find More Posts by flieslikeabeagle
Last edited by flieslikeabeagl; Aug 01, 2006 at 12:08 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 08:17 PM
UK
Joined Jun 2006
106 Posts
I was trying to make people aware that some people actually do charge for training to fly RC Aircraft and for someone to just regard that info as BS didn't please me too much. So yes your right it was rather negative and was a 'spur of the moment' response so i shall remove the post and I apologise Boomer.
TazzyUK is offline Find More Posts by TazzyUK
Old Aug 01, 2006, 06:07 PM
Joined Jun 2006
25 Posts
Anyone who lives in San Diego CA interested in helping me fly my .25 glow piper jcub? Its my first glow and first alieron plane so i would rather be hooked up to a buddy box for the extra security.

Micah
FuturePilot is offline Find More Posts by FuturePilot
Old Aug 02, 2006, 09:35 AM
USA, CA, Oxnard
Joined Mar 2006
812 Posts
Micah -

PM sent.
Chatenever is offline Find More Posts by Chatenever
Old Aug 08, 2006, 02:11 PM
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Joined Jul 2006
71 Posts
hey everyone,

great idea with this thread, should help people out alot

im located in the twin cities area of Minnesota. i live in saint paul. I've been building r/c planes for 9 yrs and flying them for 8 yrs. I'm more than willing to help anyone in the area learn to fly radio controlled planes. I fly both electric and glow, just depends on what i feel like that day haha If you need help of any kind, questions, want help flying, need an instructor, etc... i can help out. email is: soarus_1999@yahoo.com also have aim messenger: soarus1999

David
soarus_1999 is offline Find More Posts by soarus_1999
Old Aug 09, 2006, 12:15 PM
4 8 15 16 23 42
Syracuse, NY
Joined May 2005
1,616 Posts
Syracuse, NY

Electrics- planes and helis
3D Foamies
Glow- planes and helis

By no means an expert, but willing to help anyone out.
Hugequark is offline Find More Posts by Hugequark
Old Aug 09, 2006, 01:29 PM
Livermore, CA
Joined Sep 2004
8,579 Posts
Livermore, 30 miles east of SFO. I've taught several the basics. I have a sim and buddy box and electric planes. Theres a school and a slope near by. Butch
Butch777 is offline Find More Posts by Butch777
Old Aug 13, 2006, 05:24 AM
Joined Nov 2005
60 Posts
I always have a couple of trainers in my van and aggressively insist that spectators take a few minutes on the sticks. I do the same with my Raptor 30 helicopter. I've gotten hundreds of people in the hobby that way over the years. I work with several hobby shops in the area and they send their newbie customers to me for help. Win-win situation for everyone.

http://www.amadistrictii.org/column/...9%20Column.pdf

CCR
fliers1 is offline Find More Posts by fliers1
Old Aug 13, 2006, 11:12 AM
Joined Nov 2005
17 Posts
Hey guys, I joined the forums a while ago and went inactive, but I've been trying to get back into the hobby. I started with a Firebird Freedom (reccomended by the hobby shop owner) and apparently that isn't a very good starter plane, but I'm trying to work with what I've got.

I'm in Atlanta, GA. I really would like to get back into this hobby but I would also like someone to give me a hand with learning the ropes of piloting.

So if anyone is in or near Atlanta, please send me a PM or e-mail. :P
GoogleGrid is offline Find More Posts by GoogleGrid
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:04 AM
USA, CA, Oxnard
Joined Mar 2006
812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoogleGrid
if anyone is in or near Atlanta, please send me a PM or e-mail. :P
Why don't you try a PM to Milton in Atlanta. He seems to be an active member, but may be unaware of this thread. I tried to send a PM to you and him, but for some reason, it did not work. If you get through, ask him to also post his info to volunteer on this thread.

Bob C
Chatenever is offline Find More Posts by Chatenever
Old Aug 14, 2006, 05:29 PM
Stankromfols
Valley Springs, CA
Joined Jun 2006
797 Posts
I specifically got myself a simulator so I could learn as much as possible from it so that in the event I have to go it alone I'l understand the basics. Having said that, I'll be putting an advertisement in a newspaper enquiring if there's someone not far away would he take me for a few hours, and I'll pay him.[/QUOTE]

Tarzan, check your Personal Messages. I've sent you the email of my good friend in England who I'm sure can help you find someone or a club close to you. Unless things have changed drastically in England you shouldn't have to pay to find someone to help you learn to fly.
SKromfols is offline Find More Posts by SKromfols
Old Aug 18, 2006, 06:53 PM
los alamitos, CA
Joined Aug 2006
7 Posts
hey guys

is there anyone in the long beach/seal beach area that would be willing to help me fly my t-34
hondarider417 is offline Find More Posts by hondarider417
Old Aug 22, 2006, 07:36 AM
Blissfield, Michigan
Joined Apr 2005
1,100 Posts
South East Michigan/ North West Ohio on a farm just 30 minutes North West of Toledo I have my own flying field and have taught many folks. I have a hobby shop in the barn and am able to build / repair. Many trainers and buddy box available. Mostly glow and some electric. Been playing with planes for over fifty years.
Maineiac63 is offline Find More Posts by Maineiac63
Old Aug 26, 2006, 08:03 AM
I need more ceiling!!!
Okinawa, Japan
Joined May 2006
2,206 Posts
Okinawa, Japan... Torii Beach Helo Pad on most Sunday mornings.... Camp Courtney most lunchtimes. Have trainer, have buddy box.... you need bring only your body.
sting35 is offline Find More Posts by sting35