HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2009, 08:08 PM
did a reversed Immelman..once.
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,254 Posts
yea,I used orange tape,some call it Zagi tape.I got alot of it on sale a while back,I use it on other foamies as well.Tapeing a wing can make it very strong,resistant to foam breakage,etc.This wing is a great design,except for the MS Composite decison to make the cutouts on the bottom...what the h*ll were they thinkin'..
SKYPILEIT is offline Find More Posts by SKYPILEIT
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2009, 08:13 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokejohnson
OK so your tape was already orange? I spray painted strapping tape to make it orange, maybe not the best idea ...I should have found some kind of orange tape. Oh well .

I used 3M 45 to get the strapping tape to stick to the EPP and it is sticking fine.
Go to Walmart and you can find Duck Brand Duct tape in all kinds of colors. It would be too wide for the LE, and it is a touch heavy, but it sticks very well to EPP. And I doubt it will ever crack. I use their white duct tape to cover my gear on the bottom of my swift II. It also makes pretty good hinge tape cut in small strips.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Mar 18, 2009, 02:31 PM
Wakefield, RI, USA
Joined Jan 2009
94 Posts
Heres a pic of my SwiftII with an EPP "canopy" To me, it looks better, but I'm sure that someone will think "ick".... Oh well....

RT
rwthomas1 is offline Find More Posts by rwthomas1
Old Mar 18, 2009, 02:44 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
That's cool.

I ended up doing the lipo just like I did on the Maxi. Cut deep, used gorilla glue to make the dugg out stiff. Then 3M re-enforced packing tape and velcro to make a door. Works great and it's pretty flush.
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
Old Mar 18, 2009, 11:42 PM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFBurke
Did the maiden. WOW. This thing floats ...... -- THEN HAWLZ!

Hey, I have been meaning to ask what motor/esc/prop combo your using.

now that I have mine set up right, I have been having a blast flying my swift. I think I flew it more this week than I have since I've owned it unfortunately, today I broke it in half again, this time right through one of the servo holes, I wasn't mad at all, I had to laugh. I guess I had to expect it when I was flying full throttle 2 feet off the ground and caught a wing tip when trying to turn. a little gorilla glue and she'll be good to go tomorrow
antennahead is offline Find More Posts by antennahead
Old Mar 19, 2009, 12:56 AM
And Repairs
Grapevine, TX
Joined Jan 2009
262 Posts
I've had the swift 2 for a couple of months and had the first major crash this evening -a hard nose-in from about 20 feet up. I was inverted and got confused when trying to roll out. One of those where everything seems great until a second later and you're wondering what just happened. Crashed into asphalt. Battery is ruined, and I expected the wing to be. Two big splits in the middle - but foam glue and CA has it looking like new.

It's a great plane and I'll definitely get another one whenever this one gets too much glue. I've been running a 2S battery, but it requires some nose lead to balance, so this is a good excuse to upgrade to a 3s.
TyFlies is offline Find More Posts by TyFlies
Old Mar 19, 2009, 01:45 AM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Carmichael, CA
Joined Feb 2007
3,538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFBurke
Seriously, I have not been this turned on by EPP in a long time.
ROFL

Kev
Truglodite is offline Find More Posts by Truglodite
Old Mar 19, 2009, 04:21 PM
San Diego
Joined May 2008
480 Posts
hello. where is manufacture cg?
annihil8ted is offline Find More Posts by annihil8ted
Old Mar 19, 2009, 04:24 PM
Sparky "Electrics Rule"
Mission, BC Canada
Joined Jul 2002
3,782 Posts
180-185mm back from the nose
bobf is online now Find More Posts by bobf
Old Mar 19, 2009, 10:09 PM
Wakefield, RI, USA
Joined Jan 2009
94 Posts
I put three more packs through my Swift II this afternoon. Slow or fast, high or low, this thing is simply fantastic! Everyone needs one of these. There is a large swale (think drainage ditch) where I fly, maybe 6ft deep and 30ft wide, two hundred yards or so long. I was attacking the "Death Star" today, slow and full power runs down the length of it maybe 1-2ft off the bottom. Freakin' cool. RT
rwthomas1 is offline Find More Posts by rwthomas1
Old Mar 19, 2009, 10:59 PM
And Repairs
Grapevine, TX
Joined Jan 2009
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwthomas1
I put three more packs through my Swift II this afternoon. Slow or fast, high or low, this thing is simply fantastic! Everyone needs one of these. There is a large swale (think drainage ditch) where I fly, maybe 6ft deep and 30ft wide, two hundred yards or so long. I was attacking the "Death Star" today, slow and full power runs down the length of it maybe 1-2ft off the bottom. Freakin' cool. RT
Sounds like a blast. Luke would be proud. you're making me want to find a drainage ditch.

I got mine trimmed out again today at lunch after my crunch yesterday.
Ty
TyFlies is offline Find More Posts by TyFlies
Old Mar 22, 2009, 04:26 AM
Joined Feb 2009
19 Posts
Anyone think about or has put a ducted fan on this wing?
erozion is offline Find More Posts by erozion
Old Mar 22, 2009, 06:43 AM
Joined Mar 2007
198 Posts
Not me, but I do want to find a ditch now, people at my club are shocked at how good these are everytime I fly mine.
boos boy is offline Find More Posts by boos boy
Old Mar 22, 2009, 01:28 PM
San Diego
Joined May 2008
480 Posts
Hey, has anybody done a slope version? I tested out the glide and it was amazing so i was thinking if it was possible it i kept it light and make it into a sloper.
annihil8ted is offline Find More Posts by annihil8ted
Old Mar 22, 2009, 03:34 PM
Joined Feb 2009
19 Posts
My swift pretty heavy and slopes quite good if there a fair bit of wind going so im sure you could easily make it a slopie.
erozion is offline Find More Posts by erozion