Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:55 PM
Enjoying the nice weather
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom1025
Hook it up and give us the numbers, run it for 30 seconds and keep an eye on the volts. They will sag some but if it drops majority then you have an issue.

Reading the ratings from the site that motor should provide ample thrust....
how do i hook it up? not sure what you mean. I have a meter that i can clip around 1 wire and it gives me a reading. is that what you want? 1/2 throttle ?
full throttle for 30 sec i think is way to much
twister782 is offline Find More Posts by twister782
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2009, 07:32 AM
Hi I am Mark & I am an addict
USA, KY, Louisville
Joined May 2007
790 Posts
Is that the right kind of prop to use a a direct drive on this wing? I sue the APC props like Rosster shows and never had a problem with thrust

Mark
mthomas is offline Find More Posts by mthomas
Old Jan 25, 2009, 08:22 AM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Sorry, incorrect wording on my part, I meant wattmeter.
http://www.astroflight.com/index.php...sbqt8f0c2nji23

The reason I suggested 30 secs is to see if your battery is holding up to the task or dropping voltage dramatically.
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Old Jan 25, 2009, 09:41 AM
I'll Fly Anything...
Michigan
Joined Apr 2006
245 Posts
Let's clear the air here on weight. I run this airplane @ 12.2oz. It floats. If the CG is correct, there will be no issues there. 14oz is but a pittance. 9oz is fine, but that is done with the battery pack. I run a 1000mah 3S Dualsky pack and get nearly 15 minutes of flight time! I could run a 600mah 3S Dualsky, but then my airplane would be off on CG. So I don't.

Looking at Twister's prop, it looks like he's in the right spot and it's turning in the right direction. If he's got two batteries and gets the same results as far as thrust, then there is no problem.

Twister, a Wattmeter goes between the battery and the Speed Control. It will give you a picture of what sort of energy is travelling between the battery and the rest of the system. Astro Flight makes a fantastic one. You make adapters to suit the connectors. Having the right connectors, you can use this thing to measure what's happening between a source and a load. That could be servos, receivers, etc. It's a great diagnostic tool. Some people go so far as to use a miniaturized one for on-board measurements!

Do check the CG. I would love to see a video where I could hear what the motor sounds like - the prop, I mean.

This should be a no-brainer! You shouldn't be having this trouble! So it's kind of maddening, in a way! But we'll get there!
Rosster is offline Find More Posts by Rosster
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2009, 09:58 AM
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom1025
Sorry, incorrect wording on my part, I meant wattmeter.
http://www.astroflight.com/index.php...sbqt8f0c2nji23

The reason I suggested 30 secs is to see if your battery is holding up to the task or dropping voltage dramatically.
no I dont have a meter like that. I have a amp/volt meter. If i clamp it around 1 of the motor wires it will give me a amp reading.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 10:09 AM
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,652 Posts
maddening is not the word. But i will be nice. Let me say this. I want to thank every1 for all there help. every1 has been very helpful.I will make a video right now
hope it works
Old Jan 25, 2009, 10:24 AM
I'll Fly Anything...
Michigan
Joined Apr 2006
245 Posts
Twister,

You want to (and you'll need three or four hands for this) put this unit between the battery and the rest of the system. We're looking for a voltage drop.

Since your ESC isn't cutting out (Making the motor stop in mid-flight) I don't think we have to worry about amps for now.

However, you have indicated in the past that the motor doesn't cut out, and that there is sufficient power and the power doesn't change throughout the flight.

To my knowledge, you have not had a single successful flight with this Swift II yet, and have only managed to strike the ground after a hand launch.

Correct?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2009, 11:11 AM
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosster
Twister,

You want to (and you'll need three or four hands for this) put this unit between the battery and the rest of the system. We're looking for a voltage drop.

Since your ESC isn't cutting out (Making the motor stop in mid-flight) I don't think we have to worry about amps for now.

However, you have indicated in the past that the motor doesn't cut out, and that there is sufficient power and the power doesn't change throughout the flight.

To my knowledge, you have not had a single successful flight with this Swift II yet, and have only managed to strike the ground after a hand launch.

Correct?
It has flown but i really struggle with it. I know from videos I have seen it is not right
Old Jan 25, 2009, 11:13 AM
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,652 Posts
the video is to large. it will not except the video. I can email it to you
Old Jan 25, 2009, 11:27 AM
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,652 Posts
hope this works here is the video of motor sound
Old Jan 25, 2009, 12:58 PM
More Trim
Raleigh NC
Joined Jan 2007
505 Posts
Thought you might be interested in this. http://2dogrc.com/ecommerce/os/catal...ky-p-2358.html This is the one I just purchased. IT will do a lot of things. Take a look at the site and see what ya think,
More Trim

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister782
no I dont have a meter like that. I have a amp/volt meter. If i clamp it around 1 of the motor wires it will give me a amp reading.
More Trim is offline Find More Posts by More Trim
Old Jan 25, 2009, 01:05 PM
I'll Fly Anything...
Michigan
Joined Apr 2006
245 Posts
Twister,

the only way I've managed to get videos on here is linking to the youtube video I have put up. I've got one there for the Swift II with a young man jumping it!

At any rate, anything less than 10MB will get through. Have a look at your Private Messages, you'll see my email address there.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2009, 01:13 PM
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,652 Posts
no messages
Old Jan 25, 2009, 01:13 PM
Sideslip!
West Chester, OH