HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:37 PM
United Kingdom, England
Joined Jan 2013
20 Posts
Oh wow such a simple solution and I had a roll of that in the drawer! I love this place, thank you guys I now have two fully repaired wings that look and feel much stronger.
UAV.APM is offline Find More Posts by UAV.APM
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2013, 08:28 PM
Sparky "Electrics Rule"
Mission, BC Canada
Joined Jul 2002
3,679 Posts
I am looking for a currently available motor for a Swift II. Looking medium power not rocket ship.
bobf is offline Find More Posts by bobf
Old May 03, 2013, 05:50 AM
Foam, foam on the range....
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Feb 2009
402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobf View Post
I am looking for a currently available motor for a Swift II. Looking medium power not rocket ship.
Blue wonder 1700kv on 2S with an 8040 prop is a great lightweight medium power solution. A good all-round performer, and can also give vertical flight.

Cheers
didge is offline Find More Posts by didge
Old May 03, 2013, 08:25 AM
Hi I am Mark & I am an addict
USA, KY, Louisville
Joined May 2007
790 Posts
I have been using an Emax 2812 on 3s with a 7 inch prop... has been on the plane for years and still runs well for me.

Mark
mthomas is offline Find More Posts by mthomas
Old May 04, 2013, 03:57 PM
Sparky "Electrics Rule"
Mission, BC Canada
Joined Jul 2002
3,679 Posts
Is anyone still flying Swift II or have you moved on to another wing. Not much activity on this thread these days compared to the past.
Old May 04, 2013, 03:59 PM
Sparky "Electrics Rule"
Mission, BC Canada
Joined Jul 2002
3,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas View Post
I have been using an Emax 2812 on 3s with a 7 inch prop... has been on the plane for years and still runs well for me.

Mark
Thanks for the input. I am going to give it a try. Though my current no name is doing a lot better now that I mounted the prop correctly.. dah
Old May 04, 2013, 05:53 PM
United States, TX, Tomball
Joined Jan 2011
692 Posts
Working on an FPV Swift II as we speak.
imagebuff is offline Find More Posts by imagebuff
Old May 07, 2013, 07:28 PM
United States, ID, Sandpoint
Joined Apr 2009
672 Posts
Still flying. It's getting a little rubbery but still flies good. I am going to get one of the larger ones for doing some flying and gliding on vacations.
crobar is offline Find More Posts by crobar
Old May 07, 2013, 08:05 PM
Sideslip!
West Chester, OH
Joined Jul 2008
1,658 Posts
If you guys want a cheap swift to beat around with, I have an old one for sale w/ blue wonder and 10amp esc for sale for 40 bucks shipped in the for sale section

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1887230
FlyingLakland is offline Find More Posts by FlyingLakland
Old May 13, 2013, 10:44 AM
Sparky "Electrics Rule"
Mission, BC Canada
Joined Jul 2002
3,679 Posts
Quote:

Mark
I currently have one I going to try when it drys up but I have to be carefull as I only have 8x4 prop . i am also going to try EMAX 1200KV Outrunner Brushless Motors Type CF2822 which should handle the 8x4 fine.
Old May 13, 2013, 03:00 PM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
Quote:

Mark

I picked up a Turnigy AIR, 2210C, 1200kv, 7x6E prop, on 3s 0.95 Nanotechs. Very efficient but has lots of quiet power when you turn it up. I really like this combo.
shunyata is offline Find More Posts by shunyata
Old May 13, 2013, 05:24 PM
Sparky "Electrics Rule"
Mission, BC Canada
Joined Jul 2002
3,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunyata View Post

I picked up a Turnigy AIR, 2210C, 1200kv, 7x6E prop, on 3s 0.95 Nanotechs. Very efficient but has lots of quiet power when you turn it up. I really like this combo.
That is the same kv as the Emax CF2822 I am going for 8x4 more thrust less speed and less load. I fine at high speeds I can't turn still I throttle off and slow down. I was using the CF2812 1500kv 8x4 and fould I was happy between 1/3 and 1/2 throttle. Great motor. Very efficient with my old motor I got maybe 10 minutes at best today after 10 minutes and my battery was still at 3.8 volts. very happy camper now.

I am going to add a eagletree guardian flight stabelizier for the fun of it as a test bed before it goes on a bigger plane.
Old May 30, 2013, 04:07 PM
Sparky "Electrics Rule"
Mission, BC Canada
Joined Jul 2002
3,679 Posts
Success. I installed a eagletree guardian in the Swift on 2D mode it was amazing. Straight out level hands off climb out. When ever I released the stick no matter how steep a turn it just leveled out. It took me a while to get use to having to hold the stick for the length of the turn. I never tried 3D that next time the Swift is not a 3D kind of plane. I ran out of time and landing with the wind except for throttle to get it over the field I did a totally hands off elevator landing. Not one correction. It was allsum. It started to rain so I didn't get a second flight plus it was getting fairly windy for still being testing. All it did is let it fly hands off and just add a little aileron when I wanted to turn. It was amazing on landing.
Old May 30, 2013, 05:14 PM
Sparky "Electrics Rule"
Mission, BC Canada
Joined Jul 2002
3,679 Posts
Quote:

Mark
Thank for the input. I have one now 8 x 4 prop and it performs beautly. I love it runs real smooth.
Old Jun 02, 2013, 01:09 PM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobf View Post
Success. I installed a eagletree guardian in the Swift on 2D mode it was amazing.
Funny, I just got one of those, too.
shunyata is offline Find More Posts by shunyata