HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2011, 05:24 PM
Firepower
North Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
3,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by didge View Post
You can get UHU Creativ (Por in Europe) at Spotlight shops in Oz - I used it on my Swift, if you tried to pull it apart you'd rip the wings before the joint would let go!

Cheers
Thanks - I'll try Spotlight. I'll try anything once but from what is being said, it is great.

EDIT: Looks like this is the one which I'll check out at Spotlight:

http://www.skout.com.au/item/50001769/
Firepower is online now Find More Posts by Firepower
Last edited by Firepower; Dec 04, 2011 at 02:36 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2011, 07:30 AM
ExPat
Spain, Murcia, Mazarrón
Joined Apr 2010
1,600 Posts
Today I ordered my Swift II, so I'm hoping to be joining the club soon...
I live in Spain so I bought locally from RC Material, €33.00 + €9.75 shipping, I thought that was a really good deal.
Andy

http://www.rcmaterial.com/tienda/ind...928c53ef382d04
Aero Andy is offline Find More Posts by Aero Andy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phoenix 2000
Old Dec 05, 2011, 08:54 PM
Foam, foam on the range....
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Feb 2009
402 Posts
That's the one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
Thanks - I'll try Spotlight. I'll try anything once but from what is being said, it is great.

EDIT: Looks like this is the one which I'll check out at Spotlight:

http://www.skout.com.au/item/50001769/
didge is online now Find More Posts by didge
Old Dec 06, 2011, 04:36 AM
scotland uk
Joined Jan 2005
1,417 Posts
Just had a great flight in the snow of the swift 2.
Very fast at WOT. Well pleased with this wing.
Video uploading. Wont be long
Drawing 21A and 248W
Enjoy!

Ms composite swift II flying (3 min 48 sec)
wishawhunk is offline Find More Posts by wishawhunk
Last edited by wishawhunk; Dec 06, 2011 at 06:07 AM.
Old Dec 06, 2011, 07:58 AM
ExPat
Spain, Murcia, Mazarrón
Joined Apr 2010
1,600 Posts
Hi Andy

I've just watched your Mini Swift video, and this bigger Swift flies just as good too. Love the flag design you chose. Do they have a similar feel in the air, and do you have a favourite?
Cheers
Andy
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2011, 10:58 AM
scotland uk
Joined Jan 2005
1,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero Andy View Post
Hi Andy

I've just watched your Mini Swift video, and this bigger Swift flies just as good too. Love the flag design you chose. Do they have a similar feel in the air, and do you have a favourite?
Cheers
Andy
Hi Andy, I dont have a favorite mate to be honest. My favorite wing was the Raven from flyingwings in the UK, but now the MS comp has taken over. Well impressed.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 07:52 PM
United States, TX, Navasota
Joined Apr 2009
345 Posts
Took out the new swift II today. I'm flying on a very light weight setup. Small 40gr. 1000kv motor. 8x4.3 sf prop. I can use a 3s 800mah up to 2200mah if I had to. I am mounting the batt. on top so I have a large area to move the batt. foward or afft. as needed.
This is really one fun wing. I wish I hadn't waited so long to get one!
wantoofly is offline Find More Posts by wantoofly
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:55 PM
United States, FL, Plantation
Joined Nov 2005
655 Posts
They really did a great job designing it. Perfect airfoil and wing area to carry a payload or just a back yard flyer.
GregSilver is offline Find More Posts by GregSilver
Old Dec 14, 2011, 06:34 PM
Joined Sep 2011
28 Posts
I am new to rc planes. I just started learning this fall. I want to build a wing for spring and I have decided on the swift.

I don't want a fpv setup, so I won't have a lot of extra weight on board. I am totally confused on power setups.

One person is using a cheap 2730-1700 from HK with 12 amp esc and the next person is using a huge motor with a 2200ma battery and a 35 amp esc.

I have been looking at the commonsence rc page and they recommend a 400 size motor with a 35 amp esc.

I have a few foamies that just float around. I want this wing to handle the wind better and have a "little" pep to it but I don't want a rocket.

I have a few 3s 1300ma batterys, so it would great if I could use these. Not a big deal if I can't though.
carpdoctor is offline Find More Posts by carpdoctor
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:08 PM
United States, TX, Navasota
Joined Apr 2009
345 Posts
Carpdoc,
Welcome to the swift club. Once you get this setup correctly its great.
Now you get to make the hard choice, motor time?
First you should consider layout. Do you want to mount bats. Esc, Servo connector rods to elevons on top or bottom.
As for the motor, common sense does have very good choices on sale, One is the topstar 2810-1400 or something along that size. I'm currently running a common sense 1000kv motor with 8x4 on 3s and its just fine for me so a 1400kv would really skoot. [url]www.commonsenserc.com/page.php?page=one_deal_day.html
You could use your 1300mah batts and the extra weight would help with the wind.
There is also a 2000kv if you want a rocket. lol but I don't recommend it. just me. I fly the swift in lower wind on 800mah and cruise around.
If you want a better wing suited for more speed, then the pop wing fits that. I am running that one on the 1300mah and it balances perfect. Thats with the Tiger 1350KV motor that comes in some kits. It has a lot of carbon reinforcement already installed so its real sturdy.
Hope to help a little.
wantoofly is offline Find More Posts by wantoofly
Last edited by wantoofly; Dec 14, 2011 at 10:24 PM. Reason: not finished
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:03 PM
Joined Sep 2011
28 Posts
It seems to me that a top mounting setup would be the way to go. I think that would be more durable than the bottom mounting.

I just want a good setup that works well together. I don't want a headache when I am trying to get the cg correct.

Commonsence rc recommends a smaller battery with their listed components than I have. I guess it really isn't a big deal if I have to buy a few new batterys.

I would just prefer to buy one power system instead of "guessing" on things that might work together.
carpdoctor is offline Find More Posts by carpdoctor
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:44 PM
ExPat
Spain, Murcia, Mazarrón
Joined Apr 2010
1,600 Posts
Hi Carpdoc,

I too have just bought a Swift II, and want something that will fly in light winds and maybe a little more. This is what I'm going to use as my gear.
Good luck with your build.
Andy

Motor Emax 2812 1400kv http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...ushless/Detail
ESC Turnigy 25a http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=11616
Prop 7x6
Battery Turnigy 3s 100mAh
Servos HXT5g
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2011, 12:30 PM
nob
Joined Jul 2011
11 Posts
I am considering a Swift II for windy and winter days. I have some Rhino 610mah 3S from my Kinetic 800 as was thinking I could use them? I think a saw some Swifts with these batteries. If not, I can buy some bigger batteries.

The question is, what motor, propeller and ESC to buy? I prefer Hobbyking. I really don't know how to choose the appropriate motor and ESC. Any help is appreciated.

I was thinking on something like this (1400kv): http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12920 Is it any good?

Thanks
nob is offline Find More Posts by nob
Old Dec 15, 2011, 01:34 PM
scotland uk
Joined Jan 2005
1,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nob View Post
I am considering a Swift II for windy and winter days. I have some Rhino 610mah 3S from my Kinetic 800 as was thinking I could use them? I think a saw some Swifts with these batteries. If not, I can buy some bigger batteries.

The question is, what motor, propeller and ESC to buy? I prefer Hobbyking. I really don't know how to choose the appropriate motor and ESC. Any help is appreciated.

I was thinking on something like this (1400kv): http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12920 Is it any good?

Thanks
I would say your motor is a bit on the heavy side.
I am using a 36g 2200kv motor, 40 amp turnigy spinning a 5x5 prop and a 1800mah 3s. easily 80mph.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 02:57 PM
nob
Joined Jul 2011
11 Posts
This one would be better?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=12916

How does your setup fly? Its fast alright, how about stability? I am not an advanced RC pilot, but I have flown 2 beginner planes so far, the Clouds Fly and Kinetic 800.

Thanks
nob is offline Find More Posts by nob