HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 09, 2009, 10:52 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggit
i know this is slighty off topic, but just ordered a mini swift, and wondering if you guys can give me some advice on a good set up, i will use either my 1500 Kv or 1700 Kv blue wonder motor, or maybe you can advise me on motor and lipo set up, i already fly the swift 2 and loving it, but just fancy trying the mini
carl
It is not off topic really, I don't know of an active mini swift thread. I have 2 ready to be built and haven't decided on a power setup either. I have been considering this.

http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store...idProduct=6311

Use this on my ultra lite Yak 55 and it is pretty good with 2S and an 8040 prop, but I think the higher KV will be better. I am still looking around. I don't even know which size prop will fit on it. that would be a good starting point I know the 8040 won't fit, so I am guessing 3000kv is going to be about right. Would be cool to do a tiny inrunner, but I don't think it will mount up.

Let us know what you use and how it turns out. I am interested!

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2009, 06:54 AM
A fool in a field.
United States, IL, Mahomet
Joined Dec 2006
286 Posts
6" is the maximum prop size on the mini unless you want to cut into the elevons but that's going to be tough as the control horns mount close to the motor. So probably be best with a higher kv. I tried a 12 mm IPS inrunner, it flew but not well.

Even more off topic, I just bought a mini slinger. Nice little wing slightly bigger than the mini swift but could use the same power system. It does not seem to have much of a fan club here on RCG but if you like the swift you will like the slinger ....not EPP though
DustyPockets is offline Find More Posts by DustyPockets
Old Aug 10, 2009, 07:14 AM
Joined Jun 2009
77 Posts
Hiya's I used this on my mini. with 6030 prop. http://www.2dogrc.com/ecommerce/os/c...oducts_id=2405

seems to balance well with this batt all the way up front.http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...-500mah/Detail If you use a prop saver use a tight rubber on it or you will eat into your wing with a 6inch prop.
There was a mini thread here maybe we should pull it out of the deep.
Scrf1 is offline Find More Posts by Scrf1
Old Aug 10, 2009, 07:30 AM
northenden, manchester, england
Joined May 2009
1,445 Posts
is this the thread mini swift
carl
doggit is online now Find More Posts by doggit
Old Aug 12, 2009, 07:01 PM
Joined Jan 2008
944 Posts
Here is a patent against battery drop :
sharonx is offline Find More Posts by sharonx
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 12, 2009, 10:19 PM
TC, Michigan
Joined Jan 2009
146 Posts
Hey guys,

Just wanted to update you on my Riteway build of the Swift II. I havent go pics yet but i have glassed the elevons and it helped ALOT in stiffening them for better throws. Ive also burried the servos and ran the pushrod in the EPP so its hidden from harm and now alot cleaner looking. I am waiting for some CF rods to arrive in the mail for 2mm CF pushrods and 2.5mm CF spars for the wing itself before i finish glassing the rest.

P.S. i plan on ONLY glassing the bottom of the wing including elevons top and bottom along with a single leading edge strip.

Then i will fly it and see if it can handle the extra weight of glassing the top as well.

Ill keep you guys updated and post pics soon. It looks great and hasnt added much weight so far.

one major bonus of this so far is that i can build bigger and deeper wells for the electronics because of the overall strength the glass adds and i have been glassing the inside of the compartments for even more strength.

After this i have fresh TL50 cores to start on from Chris :-)

-Justin
-Justin
patterkid is offline Find More Posts by patterkid
Old Aug 12, 2009, 10:24 PM
Where'd The Wise Men Go?!?
United States, NE, Bellevue
Joined Sep 2007
2,968 Posts
I've heard/read about people doing a Swift Bipe... But yet to see a picture of one.
Anyone seen/posted one yet?
AC5FF is offline Find More Posts by AC5FF
Old Aug 16, 2009, 08:44 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2007
2,530 Posts
Live video piloting FPV broadcast (in progress)

Hi guys.

live video piloting (FPV) broadcasted has just started if you want to check it out.

View FPV flying LIVE

click picture see when the next show is

Regards
Wobby is offline Find More Posts by Wobby
Last edited by Wobby; Aug 23, 2009 at 11:30 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 11:28 PM
TC, Michigan
Joined Jan 2009
146 Posts
Just picked up the new Rhino 40c 1050mah 3s batt's today. 5c Charge rate and 40c discharge cont.

Should be a Stellar performer. My Swift is getting heavy with the newest addition of the TowerPro 2408-21 as well Link: http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=4321

Both will add about an ounce each and i have just added several CF Spars and i have Glassed the bottom of the wing. I am building this as i am my Ritewing TL50. It'll be heavy but have insane power and strength (no flex or twist) so this swift can finally overcome its fear of speed ;-)

-Justin
Old Aug 18, 2009, 11:35 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2007
2,530 Posts
5C rhino lipo, geez, thats the first i heard of that?

UNREAL....

there is a live video piloting flying going on right now with a multiplex fox, btw.

click the picture above if you want to check it out..
Its a little pixelated, but its from outback australia,
Old Aug 19, 2009, 08:21 AM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patterkid
Just picked up the new Rhino 40c 1050mah 3s batt's today. 5c Charge rate and 40c discharge cont.

Should be a Stellar performer. My Swift is getting heavy with the newest addition of the TowerPro 2408-21 as well Link: http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=4321

Both will add about an ounce each and i have just added several CF Spars and i have Glassed the bottom of the wing. I am building this as i am my Ritewing TL50. It'll be heavy but have insane power and strength (no flex or twist) so this swift can finally overcome its fear of speed ;-)

-Justin
I would love a report on the 40C packs. We talked about them on the last show and if they are like the other rhinos I have used, you will be very happy!

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Aug 23, 2009, 11:29 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2007
2,530 Posts
View FPV flying LIVE

click picture see when the next show is

EDIT: 24th August 2009
The live FPV broadcasting system i created and hosted for free, for the benefit of the Video Piloting (FPV) community, we have taken out of service.

A real shame, as it was turely amazing to watch and interact with Video Pilots in realtime, as they were flying FPV and be able to see what they see, from the air as it happens.

Like to thank those here that may have got a chance to see a live fpv broadcast.

Regards
Old Aug 26, 2009, 08:53 AM
TC, Michigan
Joined Jan 2009
146 Posts
Rhino 1050mah 40c packs are INSANE!!! Talk about quality next gen packs. Rock hard no puff, came with a voltage of 3.93/cell showing that they are FRESH FRESH cells. 5c charge rate. SAME size as the 750mah 3s Rhinos just a few mm taller. so dig the batt well alittle deeper and you are good to go. Seriously everyone should be considering these packs for the swift. Balances well with my new towerpro 2408-21 motor swining a 8060HD

Wing is completely glassed done the riteway with riteweave and 65MG servos burried in the epp with gold-n-rod. worked out well! and glassing the elevons made them stiff so there is no more twisting and way more authority. Def a increase in stall speed but boy oh boy the swift II has never ever went faster!

-Justin
Old Aug 26, 2009, 11:07 AM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,637 Posts
Oh!

Sounds like you have a jet there not a swift!

Share some videos!

Nando
IceWind is offline Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Aug 26, 2009, 05:01 PM
Cary, NC
Joined Oct 2006
1,476 Posts
Oh, well - I once had a 30oz swift2 - all glassed and fast as hell - my knees were shaking when I flew it. I now have a 13oz swift not even half as fast, and it's a pleasure to fly! I just chill!

M.
Mihai is offline Find More Posts by Mihai