HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2006, 05:23 AM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
We can only hope. I am not confident as normally the new stuff has a comming soon date, so far not on any of the spares not in stock
ozace is offline Find More Posts by ozace
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2006, 07:11 AM
Enjoying the good life!
Ashburn, Virginia
Joined Feb 2002
1,941 Posts
USA Source

Does anyone have a good source for picking one of these up in the US?

I think I'm interested in getting one.

also, what type of servos are you guys using? Digtials or standards and what would be the min torque requirements?

Anyone going aftermarket on the motor? Types?

Thanks,

Aobid
Aobid is offline Find More Posts by Aobid
Old Jul 20, 2006, 08:23 AM
College Station, TX USA
Joined Dec 2003
1,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dklassen
I've heard of a couple people that had pinions break apart in flight. Anyone had this issue?

BTY Andy,

When are the larger main gears hitting the stores?

Pinions break in flight? If so it might have been due to the person not using the flat spot, and putting more load on the set-screw to tighen it up. I have seen this before in other eletric helis, but not on the 600.
Keep'em Flying,
Nick
Nick Maxwell is offline Find More Posts by Nick Maxwell
Old Jul 20, 2006, 10:33 AM
Chillaxin dude!
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Joined Apr 2003
4,765 Posts
what I can't quite understand (not knocking TAIWA...) why does Align USA have spare links to hand out and our suppliers haven't received theirs yet??? Yet we were receiving kits before the USA guys?
BulletMaster is offline Find More Posts by BulletMaster
Old Jul 20, 2006, 12:07 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dklassen
I've heard of a couple people that had pinions break apart in flight. Anyone had this issue?
This is a new one. Do you mean actual steel pinion gear cracks apart in flight (which I HIGHTLY DOUBT)? Or just the pinion set screw coming lose from motor torque? If anything the plastic main gear would strip, not the pinion.

I'd love to see picture of one of these alleged broken pinion.
Steph280 is offline Find More Posts by Steph280
Old Jul 20, 2006, 12:34 PM
Joined Apr 2005
776 Posts
My TREX 600's came in today and guess what. QJ EP-8 Links and rods are identical fit. 2mm rods and the ball links fit a treat. Mine is almost finished assembled and so far i have not broken a link and the only thing i have found even slightly wrong was some play on the aileron levers which i shimmed out with some spare raptor 50 tail shaft shims i had lying around.

So for those of you needing links....

QUICK OF JAPAN LINKS AND RODS FIT THE TREX 600 PERFECTLY!
AnnihilaT is offline Find More Posts by AnnihilaT
Old Jul 20, 2006, 04:43 PM
Joined Jun 2006
130 Posts
well then thats got to be the first time the Aussies got anything before the Americans

with the exception of brains of course
zx12rRed is offline Find More Posts by zx12rRed
Old Jul 20, 2006, 07:09 PM
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined May 2002
2,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnihilaT
My TREX 600's came in today and guess what. QJ EP-8 Links and rods are identical fit. 2mm rods and the ball links fit a treat. Mine is almost finished assembled and so far i have not broken a link and the only thing i have found even slightly wrong was some play on the aileron levers which i shimmed out with some spare raptor 50 tail shaft shims i had lying around.

So for those of you needing links....

QUICK OF JAPAN LINKS AND RODS FIT THE TREX 600 PERFECTLY!
That sounds fine and dandy , but Align needs to fix this problem before any of us comsumer need to go to an outside source,to replace what ever parts that are not right , don`t you think ? i own four trexs , would love to buy a 600 but i think i`m going to wait until all the all the issues are work out , my two cents . Ed
mavdriver is offline Find More Posts by mavdriver
Old Jul 20, 2006, 07:30 PM
Joined Apr 2005
776 Posts
Well im finished and its ready to fly tomorrow. I didnt manage to break a single link and i have only 1 complaint. The canopy is very thin and flimsy and mine was even a bit damaged out of the box. I think i would prefer a lightweight plastic one over this. Its just too thin and wont take any abuse or accidental knocking into at all.

Other than that i was extemely impressed how far they have come. Ive recently sold 4 trex's and rebought a newest SE kit and built that. Now ive built the 600 and im just extremely impressed with Align. They think of everything you need for the kit and no parts were missing and some spares were included. Everything fit like a glove with the exception of the aileron levers which needed shimmed. I later found that even these shims were included ( i had already read that they were but i couldnt find them in the kit when i needed them so i just used my own).

Oh i do have one other small complaint. The 600 has the raptor 50 3mm flybar bow in it. Its from the set screws in the flybar control cage. You tighten them down and you get a slight bow in the flybar. Prolly wont notice it in flight (dont notice on my rap 50) but its the only other thing i can think of to complain about at least in regards to the built and kit quality.

The flights will hopefully come tomorrow.

Quote:
That sounds fine and dandy , but Align needs to fix this problem before any of us comsumer need to go to an outside source,to replace what ever parts that are not right , don`t you think ? i own four trexs , would love to buy a 600 but i think i`m going to wait until all the all the issues are work out , my two cents . Ed
1) Of course they need to fix it if they havent already and if the issue ever existed in the first place. Thats not my point. I was offering an alternative for anyone grounded because of spares not being circulated yet.

2) Be careful of assuming that other peoples issues will be your own. My build went smooth and i really enjoyed it.
AnnihilaT is offline Find More Posts by AnnihilaT
Old Jul 20, 2006, 08:19 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
Well said Anni, looking forward to your views
Old Jul 20, 2006, 10:00 PM
Chillaxin dude!
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Joined Apr 2003
4,765 Posts
Align-Usa....the number on the 1 broken link that I still have is 06. I have thrown the others out in the garbage...sorry.

Hope this helps
BulletMaster is offline Find More Posts by BulletMaster
Old Jul 21, 2006, 12:00 AM
sky is the limit
NJ, US
Joined May 2002
116 Posts
I have not had a broken link, yet. as i went thru my parts box, I found a couple of links. I tried one on the Aling rod and it seemed fit. in case you can't get the align links, yet, try this one.

Rocket Links
AeroSports is offline Find More Posts by AeroSports
Old Jul 21, 2006, 01:42 AM
Electric Helis is my game
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,750 Posts
http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t273078p1/
MrMel is offline Find More Posts by MrMel
Old Jul 21, 2006, 01:51 AM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2002
1,043 Posts
Parts fail on all helicopters.
dklassen is offline Find More Posts by dklassen
Old Jul 21, 2006, 03:51 AM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
The gear seperating looks like a build issue (from the factory) not a parts failure as such. I am inclined to keep a close eye on mine but at the moment it is an isolated case.