HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 19, 2006, 11:47 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
18,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletMaster
Anni....the links fit the balls, but not as tight as they should. But the biggest issue is the control rod sizing..TT uses 2.3mm wheras the Align are 2mm. So they don't fit
Why are they using such undersized rods? That standard for anything with 550mm blades is 2.3mm not 2.0mm. Itís obvious that Align has never designed a large helicopter.

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2006, 02:19 PM
Conformity Kill's
Mission Viejo, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,796 Posts
Anni,

EP8, ECO8 and trex 450XL have the same ball size. OZ says the hirbo shuttle links fit both the ball and the link but are not as tight as the stock align ones are. According to Andy at Align USA the links on the 600 were designed to be a tight fit, if you look back a page or two it was mentioned. Not really sure if that means we can run a not so snug link or that the 600 will throw off anything less snug than stock

Gene
geneween is offline Find More Posts by geneween
Old Jul 19, 2006, 06:55 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
I have got a Hirobo shuttle link or 2 on at the moment. I prefer the way the Align links fit and roll but they keep braking. I think if i had my time over i would have used the Align links every where except the bell crank to swash, there i would have substituted TT rods and links. Really this will all be meaningless shortly as once spares become available from Align, none of this will matter.

RC has a great point. Why would Align go to 2mm rods when all other manufacturers seem to be going bigger and stronger.(2.3 and SS rods)
ozace is offline Find More Posts by ozace
Old Jul 19, 2006, 07:13 PM
Chillaxin dude!
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Joined Apr 2003
4,812 Posts
ditto on the spares issue Ozace... But yep, agree, would have been nicer to use standard size control rods. Also, how did you feel about the depth of thread in the links from the control rod? I was thinking it ould be nicer to have 2-3mm more for the standard rod lengths. But they did thread nicely/realatively easily onto the rods.
BulletMaster is offline Find More Posts by BulletMaster
Old Jul 19, 2006, 07:14 PM
Chandler
Joined Mar 2006
884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnihilaT
About the links.... Would TT Raptor links fit? Has anyone tried yet? I have a few bags of those and i think when mine get here this week i will try using them instead.

Suggest Mikado links 2mm they seem to be bullet proof.

John
J.W.S.4 is offline Find More Posts by J.W.S.4
Old Jul 19, 2006, 07:41 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
John , i went thru a logo kit i could only find 2.3mm links. Where are the 2mm one used ?
Old Jul 19, 2006, 08:32 PM
Joined Jul 2006
3 Posts
Dear All:
We try to duplicate the ball link problem in here(USA), I try 30 of ball link still can't break any but I knew someone's broken. could you guys PM me which no. of ball link break(each one have No. on it!) it should be help us to find out is that the moding injection presure problem or not. Align Factory already enlarge the moding injection hole. it will let injection presure getting more equal in any angle!

but for this monent, if you have any ball link or radius arm broken. please e-mail to us at sales@alignrcusa.com and we can send some spare for you guys(only for US and Canada customer only! for oversea, please looking for local disb.)

Best Regards

Andy Yu
Assurance R/C(Align RC USA)
andy-align is offline Find More Posts by andy-align
Old Jul 19, 2006, 08:34 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
Andy, i like the way you do business. I wish our Dist took a leaf out of your book.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 08:54 PM
Joined Jul 2006
3 Posts
Ozace:
thank you! but your local disb. in australia. was my best friend too. he is good guy. the only he lacked was more heli. experience! you can e-mail or phone him about your problem and for sure he will help you out!
andy-align is offline Find More Posts by andy-align
Old Jul 19, 2006, 09:01 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
Thanks Andy, i have been dealing with Paul since he started and he does try at least.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 09:20 PM
-Flight enthusiast_
Lake Louise, AB, Canada
Joined Feb 2000
3,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozace
John , i went thru a logo kit i could only find 2.3mm links. Where are the 2mm one used ?
Hi Ozace,

They are used on the tail rotor pushrod. FWIW, I'm using one along with its companion steel ball on my MaxiR's at the tail rotor servo in conjunction with the MaxiR 3-D pushrod.
gpeden is offline Find More Posts by gpeden
Old Jul 19, 2006, 09:36 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
Thanks Glen, i never looked there
Old Jul 20, 2006, 12:05 AM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2002
1,082 Posts
I've heard of a couple people that had pinions break apart in flight. Anyone had this issue?

BTY Andy,

When are the larger main gears hitting the stores?
dklassen is offline Find More Posts by dklassen
Old Jul 20, 2006, 12:48 AM
Chandler
Joined Mar 2006
884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozace
Ozace,

Glen is right the tail pushrod is 2mm. Its my understanding the 2 types of ball links in the Logo kits are 2mm and 2.5mm. I have yet to mic the inside of the link to be honest. So the 2.5 could very well be 2.3mm.

I am still waiting for my kit to get through customs. I'm hoping to see it this weekend. Its great to see Andy on the forums addressing the issue.

John
J.W.S.4 is offline Find More Posts by J.W.S.4
Old Jul 20, 2006, 05:51 AM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined May 2001
1,794 Posts
The 1st item wattsuprc will sell out when they finally get all the spares in stock is ball link ends I check the site twice a day as I dont want to miss out on the 1st shipment. Cant be to much longer surely?
Flint is offline Find More Posts by Flint