HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2007, 03:35 PM
Joined Feb 2004
320 Posts
Lapidar

Thanks Han for the super movies, the last one reminds me of being inside the cockpit of a real full size and looking out. Nice area you fly in with all of thoes flat fields, cheers Robin Andrew,UK
just got back from a short holiday
robin andrew is offline Find More Posts by robin andrew
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2008, 11:32 AM
Fantasy Scratch Builder
the netherlands
Joined Sep 2002
67 Posts
Hallo, Anrew.

Here hot news from Holland.

lapidar model of the month

Greats Han.
HanW is offline Find More Posts by HanW
Old Feb 19, 2010, 08:10 PM
Scratch building addict
United States, CA, Felton
Joined Jan 2005
660 Posts
OK hello everyone, the lapidar is my new favorite design. Of course it may be difficult to build those fins/landing gear so they are strong enough for my relatively poor landing skills, but I just love the way it flies. I'm thinking of making a more modest one in bluecor.

I'm still a bit confused on the function of the two different types of control surfaces on the wing itself.

The ones that are at the wing tips, are they just ailerons or do they have elevator function?

ANd the ones further towards the nose on the straight section of the trailing edge, are they elevators, ailerons or both?

I think I will make mine with motor in front since I hate adding lead weights. Not sure how I will hook the 2 rudders to one servo. Sorry for all the questions.

A very exciting model, seems very stable at low speeds ! Hope others get interested and keep this thread going.
rotagen is offline Find More Posts by rotagen
Old Feb 20, 2010, 08:38 AM
Joined Feb 2007
3,657 Posts
After just posting in the taube, I read more. i think this one is just as graceful and may be what I try to do as well. The rumplestoss and this are both kinda cool. I think you will need 4 servos if your model is very big. Keeping all the equipment in front of CG like the servos would help balance. Especially if you are doing four servos to allow a rear mounted motor. The design intrigues me as I usually always do tractors and wings are really hard to balance for me. Maybe this or the rumplestoss will bring success.
tymbrewolf is offline Find More Posts by tymbrewolf