SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 28, 2002, 09:56 PM
He wasn't always evil
SW Wisconsin
Joined Jul 2001
1,042 Posts
Begining in Helicopter

Well, maybe this seems sad, but I'm already planning out my Brithday/Christmas for this year. Last year I got an SR Cutie....this year a helicopter? Right now I have only really looked at Hobby Lobby's models. I really like the Piccolo and Hornet. I'm leaning toward the Piccolo because of price and cool upgrades. However, I have heard that bigger is better, so I'm still not sure. I'd like to keep the price under $500, including radio gear (I don't need a charger, and building material). What is nice is that I have a decent sized area in my house to practice, as well as a aircraft hanger. I'm farily good at flying helicopter on Microsoft Flight Sim 2002, from the tower. Hopefully that helps. I haven't been able to setup FMS with my joystick yet. I guess I was just wondering if anybody could point me too some nice information sites and maybe a different source the Hobby Lobby for helis. Anything info you give will be a great help!

-Brett
AirVenture is offline Find More Posts by AirVenture
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2002, 10:20 PM
He wasn't always evil
SW Wisconsin
Joined Jul 2001
1,042 Posts
Good News! I got FMS to work with my joystick. My joystick also has rudder controls so I am able to get a full 4 channel type control. Are there any downloadable electric Helicopters for FMS?

-Brett
AirVenture is offline Find More Posts by AirVenture
Old Jul 28, 2002, 11:01 PM
Blaine, Washington
Joined May 2002
37 Posts
Take a look here at this link found a few different Heli's to download

Click on downloads at the left side of the page!!!!

http://www.rc-sim.de/index1.htm

Brad
Crawler is offline Find More Posts by Crawler
Last edited by Crawler; Jul 28, 2002 at 11:03 PM.