SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 04, 2006, 02:44 AM
Joined Jun 2005
22 Posts
Gallery
OV10 Bronco: a single motor conversion

Greetings!

Here is a short preview of my home-built foamy, which was based soley on a 3-view drawing of a real plane. I have modified the basic motor setup as I only had one motor, reworked the rear end of the fuselage to mount it and changed the design of the tail to make it stronger and easier to build.

It flies on a geared Speed 400 motor running on 7 cells. It is made of 5mm depron and one 5mm carbon tube.

Comments are wellcome!

Aeroplancek

edit:
To view the video one might have to right-click the video filename, then pick Save as and save the file as "Bronco.wmv". Hope this works.
aeroplancek is offline Find More Posts by aeroplancek
Last edited by aeroplancek; Jul 04, 2006 at 02:59 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2006, 11:47 AM
Columbus,Ohio
Joined Jan 2006
1,670 Posts
Very nice plane. Love the sound of it.
LOGICAL_PSYCHO is offline Find More Posts by LOGICAL_PSYCHO
Old Jul 05, 2006, 09:34 AM
Joined Jun 2006
10 Posts
Very nice video...very nice plane...can you share some basic dimensions? Thanks...again very nice work.
MegaMega is offline Find More Posts by MegaMega
Old Jul 07, 2006, 01:26 PM
Joined Jun 2005
22 Posts
Hi there! Sorry for being late...

the dimensions are as follows - wingspan is 100 cm, wing-chord is 19 cm, the CG is set at around 27% from the leading edge. The profile was hand-drawn on to a piece of cardboard, depron "ribs" were then cut out and glued over the carbon wing spar. There are only a few od them but enough to help keep the profile uniform throughout the span. By the way, the maximum thickness of the wing is around 8% chord.

Perhaps it is worth pointing out that this is my first model to fly. I have built the Pilatus seen in the photos but I had no RC gear at the time of building it. Therefore I hung it off the ceiling, bought myself a cheap beginner`s set (the Wing Dragon), mastered it and then moved the components into the bird you see in the video.

Further comments are welcome.

A.
aeroplancek is offline Find More Posts by aeroplancek
Old Jul 10, 2006, 07:18 AM
Joined Jun 2006
10 Posts
What are you using for power... motor, batt, esc.?and about how long is the total plane?
MegaMega is offline Find More Posts by MegaMega