Old Jul 03, 2006, 10:57 PM
Needs a vacation
In a house
Joined Nov 2005
2,246 Posts
Yippee!
Woohoo!!! Happy Birthday Me!!!!

well, what a fabulous day!!!
since were going to be on vacation on my actual birthday (the 8th) we had my birthday party today which was just GREEEAAAAAAT
so we get done eating, and i open cards for a total of $90!! very happy about that, but my mom told me earlier my dad forgot to get my gift-WHAT?!!?(said in my head) but actually said "......oh.....ok "
but then later i get told theres someone at the door, so i go to the door-no one there?
i keep looking under their advisory, and FINALLY noticed the large green box leaning next to the door. immediately i had my suspicions about it-i have been talking about getting a Mini Ultra Stick for a couple weeks now, and my mom was helping me out, and compiled a list of about a $100-$150 dollars worth of chores to do The list is HUGE! but i went along, and have already managed to buy my Park 480 outrunner.
SO i open the box and sure enough---a MINI ULTRA STICK!!!
so im ecstatic!
now all i have to buy is my $40 reciever, $50 battery, $40 ESC (ph. 25 is $70 MINUS a thunderbird 18 im returning), and $60 in four S3110 servos.
so i guess its CHORES MANIA!!!!! for the next couple of weeks, and hopefully itll be flying by our 2nd annual FunFly so i can get some stick time in front of an audience

HAPPY FLYING!!
thermlin' is offline Find More Posts by thermlin'
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2006, 11:00 PM
Spring Hill, TN
Joined Feb 2005
91 Posts
Congrats Thermlin

Have Fun!

Dorado
dorado is offline Find More Posts by dorado
Old Jul 03, 2006, 11:04 PM
Needs a vacation
In a house
Joined Nov 2005
2,246 Posts
thanks! guess this wallet hole would explain why i couldnt buy a 51" kit from you?
Old Jul 03, 2006, 11:34 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
NIIICE!
you better get it togther cause we expect some kind of flight report before the end of the month.

i've seen this plane fly and all i have to say is....HANG ON!!

looks super cool and dead on when handled. almost like it's on rails but with a little "free style" added
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 03, 2006, 11:37 PM
Needs a vacation
In a house
Joined Nov 2005
2,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermlin'
now all i have to buy is my $40 reciever, $50 battery, $40 ESC (ph. 25 is $70 MINUS a thunderbird 18 im returning), and $60 in four S3110 servos.
so i guess its CHORES MANIA!!!!! for the next couple of weeks, and hopefully itll be flying by our 2nd annual FunFly so i can get some stick time in front of an audience

HAPPY FLYING!!
you must've missed this part?
LOL!
but if i can get it done, i will, and i might too, because all i need is 60 dollars now, because i have $120 now, and $170 in equiptment to buy!
Old Jul 03, 2006, 11:38 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Sweet man. Happy birthday.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
Old Jul 03, 2006, 11:39 PM
Needs a vacation
In a house
Joined Nov 2005
2,246 Posts
Thanks!
im so flippin happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdirt

i've seen this plane fly and all i have to say is....HANG ON!!

looks super cool and dead on when handled. almost like it's on rails but with a little "free style" added
yeah, my instructor/nowflyingbuddy has one, and the same motor/ESC but im going with a cheaper, better reciever, more expensive, better servos, and im definitly not spending $70 on a TP battery!
his is amazing, and he usually flies half throttle or below. vertical climbouts are UNLIMITED!
Old Jul 03, 2006, 11:44 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
you can't be afraid of this plane.
it WANTS to be pushed!!!

that's why they call it a Stick.

GET SUM!!!
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 03, 2006, 11:49 PM
Needs a vacation
In a house
Joined Nov 2005
2,246 Posts
ive heard of these being pushed a bit far, and suvive unscathed, so i cant wait to fly the crap outta this thing!
Old Jul 03, 2006, 11:58 PM
phillyphly
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Sep 2005
1,223 Posts
Happy Birthday thermlin' !!!

Your joy is apparent and infectious...

Chores beat "work" so get to mowing the lawn or whatever
e-guru is offline Find More Posts by e-guru
Old Jul 04, 2006, 12:38 AM
Balsa is for doll houses
Texas, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2004
1,647 Posts
Great looking bird mang. Happy birthday
Skrogg is offline Find More Posts by Skrogg
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Babymetal!
Old Jul 04, 2006, 01:24 AM
..whoops...
Joined Sep 2004
193 Posts
My birthday is in 11 days and I have NEVER gotten ANY THING radio controlled...NEVER.....So consider your self very lucky that your parents see it as a healthy hoobby instead of a no where obsession.
Ionredline0260 is offline Find More Posts by Ionredline0260
Old Jul 04, 2006, 06:29 AM
Rehab is for quitters
West Middlesex, PA, US
Joined Jun 2001
4,853 Posts
Happy B-day man!!!! That is an excellent choice!!!! You are gonna love that setup on the plane!!!! I was gonna get one of these but chose the Brio 10 w/power 10 outrunner instead. And now since I just bought a new cruiser style motorcycle, it will probably be next year before I get one of these.

Dave...
LuckyArmpit is offline Find More Posts by LuckyArmpit
Old Jul 04, 2006, 06:39 AM
Needs a vacation
In a house
Joined Nov 2005
2,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa_MGT
My birthday is in 11 days and I have NEVER gotten ANY THING radio controlled...NEVER.....So consider your self very lucky that your parents see it as a healthy hoobby instead of a no where obsession.
well, yeah, we have a *slight* drug problem in our town/area, so even though its bad, it makes me look all the better!!!
Happy Early Birthday!!
Old Jul 04, 2006, 12:48 PM
ParkFlyer
Joined Nov 2005
754 Posts
R/c is a great healthy hobby. I mean, all the kids i know? They play video games all day. I like to play battlefield2 once in a while but id rather be flying. That or FMS with planes id only dream of Happy B-day and have fun with that plane! I realy like the park 480 outrunners because they give alout of power for the money. I feel like a fool for spending 140$ on two TP 2100 prolite packs when I could have bought less expensive Commoncencerc packs. TP is very light so mabye good for the extreme 3D flyer trying to cut some extra weight. Can you get some video once you do get that plane going? Would like to see!!
xFxLxYxExR is offline Find More Posts by xFxLxYxExR