Thanks
yesbee1 is offline Find More Posts by yesbee1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2006, 04:40 PM
Truss-Loc Monkey
Colorado Springs, CO
Joined Feb 2002
4,389 Posts
Have flown it up here at 6000' a couple of the locals were involved in testing the design. It's sound, well powered, and responsive.
Stevens AeroModel is offline Find More Posts by Stevens AeroModel
Old Jul 02, 2006, 08:21 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Oct 2003
113 Posts
Thanks Bill.
yesbee1 is offline Find More Posts by yesbee1
Old Jul 11, 2006, 05:35 AM
Clear for Take-Off!!!
Dexter, Michigan USA
Joined Nov 2003
1,166 Posts
Been flying mine for some time now and it is a blast! Good power, excellent flight times, minimal box to air time. I think I had mine completed in 2 hours. Get one, you'll like it.

Happy Landings
helipilot is offline Find More Posts by helipilot
Old Aug 20, 2006, 02:01 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,510 Posts
I just got a Cox Christen Eagle review kit for Ezone....pretty nice.

They certainly have a good water slide decal installer at the factory....

I was comparing the Cox offering to the Ebay clones...looks like Cox packages the model MUCH better. Even though the Ebay models include a low level radio, I for one would never use it, anyway.

Helipilot, were you happy with the stock outruner?

I really only saw two things I did not like on first inspection.

The tie wraps that secure the front of the interplane strut on the top wing looked a little crude to me. With as many other nice injection molded parts that they supply in the kit, it would have been nice to have a neat little molded "shoe" installed in the bottom of the top wing that the front of the strut could snap in to. Also, the aileron torque rods being exposed on top of the ailerons was a little ugly.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Thomas B; Aug 20, 2006 at 02:08 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 09:44 PM
Clear for Take-Off!!!
Dexter, Michigan USA
Joined Nov 2003
1,166 Posts
Hi Thomas,

I am very happy with the Stock motor. Good power along with flight times equals a nicely balanced power system. The motor is not a 3D powerhouse motor, but then again I like to fly the Eagle like the full size version flying in an airshow. It will do any of the aeroabatic manuevers with style. I experimented with a 1320 TP pack which pushed the cg back just that little bit and was able to perform inverted flat spins. Very cool. The Eagle flat spins like a leaf falling from a tree. Just floats down.

Am I happy about this plane, You bet I am. It's my number one "Go to" plane at the field.

Manish
Old Aug 21, 2006, 09:52 AM
Off we go.............
Seattle, WA. USA
Joined Jan 2006
3,325 Posts
Question

So does it come with a motor? I read the ad, but it's unclear as to just what's included. You fellers are saying "stock motor" which indicates it's included. Im really interested, I've always loved the Eagle and it's been a long time since I had a cox model, all the way back to my first R/C plane actually (Sportavia .049 QRC) And would love to try another after all these years.
SabreHawk is offline Find More Posts by SabreHawk
Old Aug 21, 2006, 11:15 AM
Clear for Take-Off!!!
Dexter, Michigan USA
Joined Nov 2003
1,166 Posts
Hi sabrehawk,

Yes, the Cox Christen Eagle comes complete with motor, esc, battery installed. All I can say is get one! If you like the Christen Eagle, which I have alway's been a fan of you will really enjoy flying this plane. Probably the coolest part about it is when you open the box and realize you do not have to apply the decals. It's already done for you. You do have to spray a coat of clear over them so they do not come off as they are wet tranferred on at the factory. But, when you apply the clear gloss coat over them, the whole plane just shines in the air when the sun hits it. It is beautiful! I used Krylon "Fusion" hobby paint. They make a Gloss Clear designed for foam. Another club member bought one and we flew formation last week. You want to talk about cool looking in the air? I wish I would have had someone taking a video of it. Oh and the sound is really neat too when you put it into a Lomcevak. Use a lighter LiPo pack in it and it will do an inverted flat spin. Yes, inverted flat spin. Take-off's are smooth as silk with no tendancy to ground loop, or snap.
Stalls are mushy and straight forward if you can call it a stall. The wings just rock back and forth until you get too close to the ground and realize you need altitude. Another aspect of the design is the speed. Fly it slow and low or hit the throttle and zoom around. It doesn't care. Let me know if you need anymore info. I have about 50 flights on mine so far.

Happy Landings
Old Aug 24, 2006, 09:44 AM
Addicted to RC
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
2,738 Posts
What's the street price for this thing? Where should I get one?
YarSmythe is offline Find More Posts by YarSmythe
Old Aug 24, 2006, 12:27 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,510 Posts
Price is 199.99 directly from Cox at the web link in the first post.

The product has had limited release so far...they have worked out the last minor issues and getting ready to build up the stock
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Aug 24, 2006, 09:26 PM
Clear for Take-Off!!!
Dexter, Michigan USA
Joined Nov 2003
1,166 Posts
Here's the link:

http://www.coxmodels.com/

I have heard of imitations on the market with inferior finishing from other vendors. Not the same as the Cox Models Christen Eagle.

Happy Landings
Old Aug 25, 2006, 01:28 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,510 Posts
The Cox version is also packed and protected MUCH better than the clones out there....plus you get the best kind of product support from Cox.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Thomas B; Aug 25, 2006 at 06:47 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 03:57 PM
Clear for Take-Off!!!
Dexter, Michigan USA
Joined Nov 2003
1,166 Posts
This is true! Mine came packed incredibly well with no damage whatsoever.
Im sure the quality control is not the greatest either with the clones. One of the clones I saw on ebay had a realy funny looking cowl on it. It made the Christen Eagle look terrible.

Go to Cox for the real McCoy, you won't be dissappointed

I had my Eagle doing inverted flat spins the other night. Awsome looking!
Old Sep 11, 2006, 01:12 PM
O'Fallon, MO USA
Joined Dec 1999
1,415 Posts
The better news on this one is the street price is now $129.99. I just saw one yesterday at the LHS...looks nice.

Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarsmythejr
What's the street price for this thing? Where should I get one?
byoung is offline Find More Posts by byoung
Old Sep 11, 2006, 06:40 PM
Clear for Take-Off!!!
Dexter, Michigan USA
Joined Nov 2003
1,166 Posts
Hi Brad,

$129!!! I think that might be a mis-marked plane. Sounds to me like that is the LHS cost on the plane! Hurry, go to the LOH and buy that Eagle! You won't regret it one bit. Trust me. I now have logged 50 flights on mine and still going strong. I Love this plane!!!
Did I say I Loved this plane?