HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 30, 2006, 09:35 PM
Southern CA
Joined Dec 2005
277 Posts
Question
CMP ARF quality???

I am new to glow warbirds.I was wondering about the quality of the CMP warbirds? I question the quality because of the low prices. Can someone please post a link to CMP's website? Thanks in advance
Airplane boy is offline Find More Posts by Airplane boy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2006, 11:06 PM
500FT & Climbing
Australia/Victoria
Joined May 2005
700 Posts
I use the hstore website as it links the manufacturers websites and reviews etc.
http://www.hstore.com.au/HSTORE.asp

CMP website is http://www.cmpairplane.com/index.htm

SuperH
SuperHornet is offline Find More Posts by SuperHornet
Old Jul 01, 2006, 12:53 AM
Southern CA
Joined Dec 2005
277 Posts
Quality???
Old Jul 01, 2006, 02:24 AM
500FT & Climbing
Australia/Victoria
Joined May 2005
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airplane boy
Quality???
Never bought a cmp kit so I cant comment here.

SuperH
SuperHornet is offline Find More Posts by SuperHornet
Old Jul 01, 2006, 02:48 AM
Southern CA
Joined Dec 2005
277 Posts
Thanks
Old Jul 01, 2006, 06:18 AM
McQueeney TX
Joined Oct 2005
536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airplane boy
I am new to glow warbirds.I was wondering about the quality of the CMP warbirds? I question the quality because of the low prices. Can someone please post a link to CMP's website? Thanks in advance
Box stock they are OK, they are so cheap, even cheaper than buying a kit in 1980! Wish I would have had these things back then, in high school I was only getting $2.75 an hour and a Royal kit cost about $120.00!! Anyway you have to watch it though because you may get a copy or knock-off, on those the fiberglass is very brittle and prone to crack. I just got a CMP 71" Zero and I am very impressed with the glass work, the only problem is that the clear iron on covering over the wing panels was not scuffed up before painting. This causes the paint to chip off very easy. I'm not into building stock planes, I like to modify them quite a bit, but the outline has to be fairly accurate for me to bother. That's why I like the CMP Hellcat and Zero, very good starting points for a nice scale plane. I'm almost done with my CMP Hellcat!

Dion
Dionysus is offline Find More Posts by Dionysus
Old Jul 01, 2006, 06:42 AM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
7,530 Posts
Dion is an inspriation to all of us , his work is excelant and his ego is small . He is open minded and takes the typical ARf and tweeks it for the rest of us to follow . I have his corsair interior and few other parts for CMP there excellant .
As far as CMP , I have the CMP-73"p40 , the Hellcat-COPY and Spitfire-real cmp .
I am focused on a e-bay (willshobbies) seafury at this time but I have done all the research and part gathering for my CMP-P40 . The quality is excellant , nice panel lines on the fuse , fiberglass fuse ect .I will add flaps , scale counter balance in the tail and interior .Yes you will need to tweek many things but to Dion point try building one for the price of a CMP or copy .
This is what you will need to be careful with when purchaseing a CMP or CMP Copy .
First off all of the 70" or bigger versions have a much better flying report vs the 54" CMP planes . Some of the CGs listed in the 54" plans are apparently wrong according to rc members who have flown and posted on line .
2)If you purchase a CMP knockoff-from Nitro Rc /Raidentch /hobbytecho thay are all raidentech , ok no big deal because they are trying to get there act together but you should know that some of the planes -P40 example do not have rails installed in the wings like the "real cmp p40". The copy CMP p40 will not have a free 4.75" spinner in the kit , howveer even with the free CMP spinner it is suitable for a 2 cycle but a 4 cycle 120 to 180 wil tear it apart . The hellcat is a great example of a copy that is actually a good base kit to start . I purchased mine on e-bay for $67 plus $45 shipping .yes they do make money on the shipping but that protects the seller from the low bids .
Just to give you some boring background , there was one "real in the USA : cmp distributor ,for what ever reason "Giant Scale Planes in Pa" lost there exclusivity . Then CMP planes started to show up at AKM-models and Glow RC . much better prices and lower shipping from the latter two vs Giant Scale Planes .
Then copies started showing up everwhere , there is a willshobby copy/newyork grace available on e-bay on many of the CMP planes , as well as cmp copys from Nitro rc/hobbytecho /raidentech .
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Jul 01, 2006, 02:30 PM
Southern CA
Joined Dec 2005
277 Posts
SO are the CMP models from AK models authentic???
Old Jul 02, 2006, 05:58 AM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
7,530 Posts
Airplane boy , the last time i was on there web they carry both but they clearly tell you the differance and you will see the price differance . Just ask them they are a very reputal company
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Jul 02, 2006, 04:40 PM
Southern CA
Joined Dec 2005
277 Posts
Thank you very much everyone