SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 30, 2006, 03:58 PM
Cho Oi! Hay Qua!
Here
Joined May 2003
4,033 Posts
Discussion
AquaCraft SuperVee 27 Brushless RTR SV27

Reason for posting this thread is to see if anyone is intrested in this boat. So lets talk SuperVee 27 Boat...

I'm very new to boats. I have 4 on order. An orange, yellow, red, and white. 2 will be first driven by two new boat hobbiests. Me and my buddy are going to try out these speed boats for the first time. We've driven those cheap Academy ones with two S400 motors in there. They're not proportional so we are limited to what it can do. These boats are a friend's and he invited us to come check it out. So both me and my buddy are hooked. So we decided to order up the Aquacraft Supervee 27 boat.

We should be getting 4 of these in July. 2 for us and 2 for the hobby shop. If anyone is intrested let me know and I might be able to ship you the one we have. We will have a red one and a white one.

What do you guys think about this boat?

Link here at towers:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXMDJ4**&P=0

-Tomi
tomi is offline Find More Posts by tomi
Last edited by tomi; Jun 30, 2006 at 07:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2006, 08:06 AM
Canada, ON, Acton
Joined Oct 2003
2,124 Posts
It is an excellent boat, I know the people that created it and they are seasoned Fast Electric racers.

This boat is a great combination of speed and run time, along with a solid Brushless motor (540 XL size I think?).

For that money you cannot buy a better FE boat that could easily fit into one or 2 electric racing classes.

Hardware is beautiful CNC Aluminum and solid! Waterproof radio bax makes it great for beginners too.
You should be pleased. Sorry, I've got a 10+ boat fleet as it is.
BACKEMFNRG is offline Find More Posts by BACKEMFNRG
Old Jul 04, 2006, 07:38 PM
Joined Jul 2006
2 Posts
Hi, what kind of $$ would you need to get it to 55904?
Thanks 1234Rick
1234Rick is offline Find More Posts by 1234Rick
Old Jul 05, 2006, 12:36 PM
Cho Oi! Hay Qua!
Here
Joined May 2003
4,033 Posts
Rick I will get back with you on that. The boat is $279.99 + shipping.

We'll have a red one and a white one. Which one do you think you will want. I'll keep in mind to hold it for you.

-Tomi
Old Jul 06, 2006, 04:23 PM
Joined Jul 2006
2 Posts
Hi Tomi

I would take the red one. Do you have it now? Rick
1234Rick is offline Find More Posts by 1234Rick
Old Jul 07, 2006, 08:40 AM
Canada, ON, Acton
Joined Oct 2003
2,124 Posts
I like the white one but my wife doesn't
Old Jul 07, 2006, 10:26 AM
Cho Oi! Hay Qua!
Here
Joined May 2003
4,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234Rick
Hi Tomi

I would take the red one. Do you have it now? Rick

Rick I do not have it now. I don't even have one for myself. It should be here in a week or two.

Ray If you are seriously intrested let me know.

I decided to purchase 4 packs of 3600mAh NiMh Duratrax batteries. I am running this pack on a street AWD car and the batteries have so far been doing good.

Before you guys even think about buying battery packs first, you need to get the boat first. Not all battery packs are the same size so if it's too big, it won't fit in the battery trays.
Old Jul 07, 2006, 07:16 PM
Canada, ON, Acton
Joined Oct 2003
2,124 Posts
I'm not serious right now.

It would be best if you could buy packs that are actually soldered together end to end, instead of most packs pre-made that are using welded tabs, GARBAGE!!!

Better battery pack construction will ensure proper operation and best performance. Boats are the heaviest of loads on batteries and motors so, you gets whatcha paid for!!!

Ask the seller if they are soldered or welded, 90% chance the duratrax are welded tabs.

You've been warned.

That said, Battlepacks, AKA Steve Hill has some of the best Batteries going. IP3800 are very good, GP3700's are too and the second Gen. 4300's are also quite nice.
It's only drawing 45 amps max, if that, but the best batteries make all the difference, coming from a racer, that is.
Old Jul 08, 2006, 08:36 AM
Joined Jan 2001
3,269 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks for the nice comments!

Steve
www.battlepack.com
www.rcboaters.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray schrauwen
I'm not serious right now.

It would be best if you could buy packs that are actually soldered together end to end, instead of most packs pre-made that are using welded tabs, GARBAGE!!!

Better battery pack construction will ensure proper operation and best performance. Boats are the heaviest of loads on batteries and motors so, you gets whatcha paid for!!!

Ask the seller if they are soldered or welded, 90% chance the duratrax are welded tabs.

You've been warned.

That said, Battlepacks, AKA Steve Hill has some of the best Batteries going. IP3800 are very good, GP3700's are too and the second Gen. 4300's are also quite nice.
It's only drawing 45 amps max, if that, but the best batteries make all the difference, coming from a racer, that is.
sjslhill is offline Find More Posts by sjslhill
Old Jul 08, 2006, 09:14 AM
Canada, ON, Acton
Joined Oct 2003
2,124 Posts
I'll see you for some Lipo next year Steve, maybe some Hyperion stuff?
Old Jul 08, 2006, 09:53 AM
Joined Jan 2001
3,269 Posts
LiPoly

The Poly RC stuff is the same manufacture, we carry the Hyperion line of balancer and chargers. Allan Nayman is running some Poly RC LiPoly packs in his boats and likes the sytem. Does not appear that Li-Ion is ready yet.

thanks,
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray schrauwen
I'll see you for some Lipo next year Steve, maybe some Hyperion stuff?
Old Jul 09, 2006, 11:39 AM
Canada, ON, Acton
Joined Oct 2003
2,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjslhill
The Poly RC stuff is the same manufacture, we carry the Hyperion line of balancer and chargers. Allan Nayman is running some Poly RC LiPoly packs in his boats and likes the sytem. Does not appear that Li-Ion is ready yet.

thanks,
Steve

Alan let me drive his boat in Michigan, it was AWESOME!!! Boy those Lipos really make it humm. That was a No step 1 or 2 Hydromarine hull but the same batteries would rock in this Aquacraft if it is Lipo ready.
Old Jul 09, 2006, 02:27 PM
'cus I fly a long time
United States, UT, Lehi
Joined Jul 2004
238 Posts
I ran my maxx amps lipos (3300)bfor my brushless e-maxx in my friends Super Hawaii running 2 12 turn doubles and it ran nothing but prop which was a huge change over the 2x 3300 nmh packs.

Gotta love Lipo's

I am waiting for my Super Vee to arrive!!

Flying Camel
flying camel is offline Find More Posts by flying camel
Old Jul 09, 2006, 03:40 PM
Cho Oi! Hay Qua!
Here
Joined May 2003
4,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying camel
I ran my maxx amps lipos (3300)bfor my brushless e-maxx in my friends Super Hawaii running 2 12 turn doubles and it ran nothing but prop which was a huge change over the 2x 3300 nmh packs.

Gotta love Lipo's

I am waiting for my Super Vee to arrive!!

Flying Camel

sighh.... Lipos are still just a little bit on the expensive side.
Old Jul 09, 2006, 08:53 PM
Joined Jan 2001
3,269 Posts
$$$ ? Not if your running 7.4V packs like Alan is. Get up in those huge cell counts, yes.