Closed Thread
Old Jun 29, 2006, 12:54 PM
Is it summer yet?
Flight Level 46 X 92
Joined Feb 2002
2,000 Posts
Trader Rating: 129
Alert
You guys aware of this Internet fraud site?

http://www.ic3.gov/

Have a look, I ran into this when looking for ways to make the guy that sold me the junk airliner life's difficult. I sure believe it would be good for all of us if everyone that has been scammed or defrauded to file a report here. I have no idea if there are any real teeth associated with their work. But I'll find out at some point in time. Hopefully, not that long.

If you have had any experience with them. Post some details please.
gouda is offline Find More Posts by gouda
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2006, 05:07 PM
Too lazy to repair!
Round Rock, Tx
Joined Oct 2002
3,396 Posts
Trader Rating: 60
I had to file a complaint for internet fraud once. But the URL I went to was http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp.

I just tried that link to see if it was the same place just updated. But it timed out. I have been having trouble with certain sites here at work recently. So the problem could be my end.

But since I don't know if these are the same or not, I can only comment on my experience with the folks I worked with. It took a while, but eventually it got sorted out.

The short story of what happened to me was:
1 - Vendor took my money and did not tell me the item was backordered.
2 - two days after I ordered, I was notified of the backorder.
3 - Two weeks later, still no parts and no idea when htey would arrive.
4 - No communication with vendor. Emails were ignored, PM's were ignored, phone calls were sent to a voice mail system that always said the box was full.

Eventually, I filed the claim. After a few days, I was contacted via email by a member of my local police department. I gave her all the info. A few days after that, I received a voice mail at work from the vendor. He indicated that he had been contacted about my complaint and was willing to work it out with me. He left me a special phone number to call him back on. Guess what. The "special" phone number connected to the same VM system with the full inbox! I also posted a thread about the problem. The vendor saw the thread and communicated to me that way. He eventually refunded all my money.

So, I think the internet fraud site was very helpful in getting in touch with the vendor. But in my case, I believe the vendor was genuinely honest, just let his business get too big too fast.

If nothing else, I think it would be good to see if contact from a local law enforcement official will light a fire under your seller to do the right thing.

I hope that helps,
Joe
jperch is offline Find More Posts by jperch
Old Jun 29, 2006, 05:18 PM
Is it summer yet?
Flight Level 46 X 92
Joined Feb 2002
2,000 Posts
Trader Rating: 129
Thanks; That's encouraging.
gouda is offline Find More Posts by gouda
Closed Thread