SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 28, 2006, 06:11 PM
SIU Aviation
Wheeling, Illinois
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
Gallery
Banff, Canadian Rockies, Seattle

Hello everyone, I just got back from a wonderful vacation in the Candian Rockies and Washington State. I visited Banff and Jasper National Parks, and Seattle. I got quite a collection from the trip. I'll start with some shots from the town of Banff which is at the southern tip of Banff National Park in Canada. The first 4 were taken from the Train Station, the rest were taken from Norquey Ski Resort just outside of town. That Ski resort sits on the base of a mountain which is about a 1000 feet higher then banff.

more pictures coming
Kyle G. is offline Find More Posts by Kyle G.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2006, 06:13 PM
SIU Aviation
Wheeling, Illinois
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
These next shots were taking from "the saskatchewon crossing" which was dead inbetween the town of Jasper and Banff. This area was in the middle of nowhere. No internet, and the hotel was powered from a generator.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 06:15 PM
Flying on Flux Capacitors
Edmonton, AB
Joined Apr 2005
1,422 Posts
Really nice pics,
Just got back from my little trip round the rockies...one of the best trips of my life...and I didn't even have my AP plane! Woulda loved to get some AP shots but didn't have room to lug the plane around.

Nice to see you had some sun. Nothing like seeing pics from Canada land...love em all.

Curt
Flipper_118 is offline Find More Posts by Flipper_118
Old Jun 28, 2006, 06:18 PM
SIU Aviation
Wheeling, Illinois
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
These shots were taken in Jasper, at Jasper National Park. The first set is from the industrial park just out of town, and the 2nd set it from Pyramid Lake which is about 2 miles out of town. Pyramid and Patricia lakes were both very nice lakes which you were able to swim in. When its warmer of course
Last edited by Kyle G.; Jul 08, 2006 at 10:27 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 06:23 PM
SIU Aviation
Wheeling, Illinois
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
Just outside of Seattle is where we stayed in a town called Everett. I took off and landed at the parking lot at the area where the ferry takes you across the Puget sound. It was early so no one was there yet.

And the Last of the pics were taken on the trip up in Salmon Arm, Canada. Just a ways away from Kamloops. It was a cloudy morning so most shots didn't turn out that well.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 06:25 PM
SIU Aviation
Wheeling, Illinois
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
Thank you Curt! I actually made a Magpie wing specifically for this. It splits into 3rd and I had it shipped to Seattle from Wheeling. I picked it up after the plane ride and brought it into Canada and then after exploring Canada, we came back into washington tooks some pics there and shipped it back. It worked out really well. And I'm surprised by the amount of sun we got. I was expecting lots of clouds, especially in Washington.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 06:50 PM
Edmonton, AB
Joined Apr 2005
1,422 Posts
When were you up in the jasper area?...keep lookin at the pics for my truck. I'll have to dig thru my 400pics and see if I got any of you plane per chance.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 06:56 PM
Edmonton, AB
Joined Apr 2005
1,422 Posts
I woulda have loved to get some aerials up at malign canyon, but I guess I can settle with ground shots...woulda been real hairy flying up there (150 foot canyon abouts 20feet wide)!

Curt

PS - Heres the closest thing I got to an aerial shot...sitting ontop of punchbowl falls...notice the foot in the bottem left of the frame...that shot got my ticker going. Thats what I call being on the edge. This was just past Jasper headin up to miette hotsprings.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 08:30 PM
Rich Hill Missouri 64779
Joined Nov 2003
8,368 Posts
Beautiful pictures! Thanks!
quailbird is offline Find More Posts by quailbird
Old Jun 28, 2006, 08:54 PM
SIU Aviation
Wheeling, Illinois
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
Curt - I believe it was the 22nd-24th we were in Jasper. Maligne Canyon woulda been some AP job for a heli! that thing was so narrow yet so deep. It was amazing. Punchbowl falls sounds familiar, not sure if I went to that. There were however, plenty of places where you get that same rush of being on the edge.

Thanks Quailbird.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 09:28 PM
Edmonton, AB
Joined Apr 2005
1,422 Posts
Yep...same time I was there...very nice pic of the lake. Seems like whenevera I saw that green water we had a nice overcast which really deadens the hue coming off that water. Great photography.

Curt
Old Jun 28, 2006, 11:53 PM
Always right
Chicago
Joined Feb 2003
5,924 Posts
Kyle-some of your best pictures ever, might even use one on my desktop!
Hovertime is offline Find More Posts by Hovertime
Old Jul 08, 2006, 10:25 PM
SIU Aviation
Wheeling, Illinois
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
Thank you Travis! I've already got one as my desktop.

Here are a few pics of the portable wing for those interested. Its just a magpie wing broken into 3 sections.