HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 26, 2002, 06:58 PM
Montreal, Canada
Joined Apr 2002
172 Posts
What do you use as a weighted bar for your wing core cutter ?

I'm almost done with the setup of my hands-free wire cutter.

Thanks to y2bnormal and his clear article on the web, that is what I've come up with:

(credit/picture to/from y2bnormal website)

One question I have though is, what should I use as the weighted bar to get the perfect cutting speed ? I've seen numerous size steel bar at the hardware shop but wasn't sure exactly which one to pick.

Could someone let me know what you're using ? Maybe size, lenght, thickness would help as it will be difficult to weight at the HW shop.

Thanks guys !
NetForce2K is offline Find More Posts by NetForce2K
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2002, 07:27 PM
Loveland, Colorado
Joined Mar 2000
1,997 Posts
Looks good. I have a FeatherCut system to cut my Mini SpeedWing cores. It uses a 1 pound lead weight with an eyelet screwed into the top. It is held on the bar with one of those metal paper clip deals (spring clip). you hang it on the swing arm at different distances from the pivot point to adjust your cutting speed. I have mine set at 65% on the swing arm.

You can get 1 pound led weights with the eyelet already installed in sports department stores in the fishing section.

Hope this helps.

-- Acer
Acer is offline Find More Posts by Acer