SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 26, 2006, 06:27 PM
St. Louis, MO
Joined Oct 2002
2,527 Posts
Discussion
S&B ME262 questions

I am looking to get a ME262 with props (since EDF requires to many watts for the same buck) and I have been looking at either the K&A or the S&B.

I am leaning towards the S&B because of the EPP construction, I had one of their P-38's and it was nice. But I do have some questions about the plane and hopefully someone can answer them.

1) Where are you guys putting the ESC's on the plane? I plan on running dual brushless mega 16/15/4's. Is there a space in the cockpit like the P-38 for everything?

2) Where are you guys placing the batteries? Do they go on the inside of the plane like the P-38. If they go on the inside what are your opinions on using lipos in this plane? I am a bit concerned about heating issues with the lipos encased in EPP.
KenP is offline Find More Posts by KenP
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2006, 03:05 PM
Suspended Account
Grove City PA basement/park
Joined Feb 2005
4,884 Posts
Until S&B wants to get the price right, so that a US dist will pick them up, I would not go to the hassle. I never thought about a prop setup on the K&A, but it is a much nicer scale plane, with beautiful glass fuse and nacelles.
scratchandbash is offline Find More Posts by scratchandbash
Old Jun 29, 2006, 04:03 PM
St. Louis, MO
Joined Oct 2002
2,527 Posts
The thing I like most about the S&B is the total loss of fear on crashing it. Yes I will agree the K&A is a much nicer looking plane I do not get that "fly it like you stol it" feeling like I do when flying a S&B.

I did think about a prop setup on the K&A though and I think it would be a good solution to the need for watts and thrust on this type of plane.
KenP is offline Find More Posts by KenP
Old Jul 01, 2006, 02:44 AM
Insert custom witicism
San Diego
Joined Jun 2001
3,526 Posts
Love those S&B planes, but not real fond of the price. Love those K&A planes, but there's not much bounciness in glass. It's all a tradeoff.

I think I'd go with the K&A plane. Even if you dork it in, it's repairable. If you have a good bonk with the S&B plane, the paint's going to flake off and look bad until you repaint. Plus, the price, plus the appearance.

FWIW

Jeff
Jeff Charlot is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Charlot