SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 26, 2006, 12:20 PM
WWW.RITEHOBBY.COM
Sunnyvale, CA
Joined Oct 2004
514 Posts
New Product
Introduce: DN Power Micro-Controlled LiPo/Li-Lon Balance Charger w/ LCD Display

Finally, there is something you must have for your LIPO batteries!! Charging has never been so easy!!!

DN Power Micro-Controlled LiPo/Li-Lon Balance Charger w/ LCD Display

Product Features:
1. Input voltage: DC 11V~15V. The working electric current is less than 6A when it is charged in full load. The current of the fuse is 10A,which could prevent short circuit.
2. The charge current is 0.2A~2.0A and the adjusting step is 0.2A,which can be set by the buttons on the board.
3. Controlled by 4 separated internal micro computers. charge 1S-4S battery separately. no like other serial charging + balancer setup on the market. More efficient.
4. 4 separated JST style charging ports, one general charging port.
5. Big LCD display. real-time displays voltage and charging processing clearly and separately.
6. Low voltage protection. charger won't charge any cell if voltage is lower than 2.7v.
7. Automatically stop charging when it's done. A buzzer will call.
8. 4 separated parallel charging circuits ensure your battery 100% fully charged. Higher efficiency.
9. Charge mode of the balanced parallel connection
A. charge in parallel connection for one single cell or four single cells at one time
B. charge in parallel connection for a pile of two series-wound lithium cells or two piles of two series-wound lithium cells at one time
C. charge in parallel connection for a pile of three series-wound lithium cells or one single lithium cell at one time
D. charge in parallel connection for a pile of four series-wound lithium cells
10. Working rating: -20 ~ 60 C
11. Fully circuit protection: protect the charger and battery even when connect the battery or the power supply reversely.
12. General charging port will allow you charge any lipo battery which has balanering leads.

grab one and try it.
30 days risk free try-out!!!
if you don't like it, simply return it within 30 days and you get your money back!

thank you for looking.
now never worry about charging again, just enjoy your flying!
Jun

XUS HOBBY
ildo is offline Find More Posts by ildo
Last edited by ildo; Jul 15, 2006 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Update
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2006, 03:19 PM
Rochester, MN
Joined Jul 2003
562 Posts
Just a friendly (I hope) comment on the manual. The charger may be great, but the manual will turn off lots of potential buyers. I found it nearly incomprehensible. It really needs a much better translation.

Here are some examples:

"charge in parallel connection for a pile of two series-wound lithium cells or two piles of two series-wound lithium cells at one time"

I don't think that the word 'pile' has been used as a synonym for 'battery' in well over 100 years (in English). Presumably, 'series-wound' means 'wired in series', but who knows?

Another:

"In order to adapt the disaccord of the array of the parallel-connected charging outgoing lines and the pins of the lithium cell in nowadays international market, the charger has another five-core port"

I sort of think this means that they have a port into which you can connect some wires so you can make your own connector, maybe?

Mike
mike50 is offline Find More Posts by mike50
Old Jun 26, 2006, 03:31 PM
WHere Flight Was Born, North Carolina
Joined Apr 2005
2,792 Posts
Jun,

Finally got one of these in...might have to try it out..

How are they holding up?

2dogrc
2dogrc is offline Find More Posts by 2dogrc
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: 2dogrc and 2dogs Flying FPV
Old Jun 26, 2006, 03:43 PM
WWW.RITEHOBBY.COM
Sunnyvale, CA
Joined Oct 2004
514 Posts
thank you so much, Mike!
your comment is very helpful, we will inform the manufacturer, and let them improve the manual.
and, this charger is so easy to use. you can just start using it even without a manual. (of course, we don't recommend so )

it has well-done protection.
it won't start charging if you connect the battery the wrong way.

when you connect the battery the right way, simply press "start" button to start charging, you can change the charging rate any time you want.
when it's done, It will beep. and stop charging.
the best part is, because it has 4 separated mirco computers. so it's like 4 chargers charge at the same time. when the voltage of cell reaches 4.2v, it won't stop charging like other chargers. instead, it will decrease the charging rate and keeps charging the cell slowly for about 20-25 mins (that's because normally the battery hasn't been fully charged when the voltage is 4.2v)
that makes sure it won't overcharge the battery and still fully charged it!

like I said, you have nothing to lose, try it and if you don't like it, just return it.

enjoy!

Jun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike50
Just a friendly (I hope) comment on the manual. The charger may be great, but the manual will turn off lots of potential buyers. I found it nearly incomprehensible. It really needs a much better translation.

Here are some examples:

"charge in parallel connection for a pile of two series-wound lithium cells or two piles of two series-wound lithium cells at one time"

I don't think that the word 'pile' has been used as a synonym for 'battery' in well over 100 years (in English). Presumably, 'series-wound' means 'wired in series', but who knows?

Another:

"In order to adapt the disaccord of the array of the parallel-connected charging outgoing lines and the pins of the lithium cell in nowadays international market, the charger has another five-core port"

I sort of think this means that they have a port into which you can connect some wires so you can make your own connector, maybe?

Mike
Old Jun 26, 2006, 03:45 PM
WWW.RITEHOBBY.COM
Sunnyvale, CA
Joined Oct 2004
514 Posts

yes, you should try it!
you will be surprised!

Jun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogrc
Jun,

Finally got one of these in...might have to try it out..

How are they holding up?

2dogrc
Old Jun 26, 2006, 04:56 PM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
Looks like a pretty nice setup there. Too bad I'm moving in a week or I would get one of these and do a nice review on it. Will have to get one of these later once I get settled.

Mo.
mohillbilly is offline Find More Posts by mohillbilly
Old Jun 26, 2006, 06:03 PM
WWW.RITEHOBBY.COM
Sunnyvale, CA
Joined Oct 2004
514 Posts
hey, Mo
let me know when you settle down.
I will keep one for ya.

thanks

Jun
XUS HOBBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohillbilly
Looks like a pretty nice setup there. Too bad I'm moving in a week or I would get one of these and do a nice review on it. Will have to get one of these later once I get settled.

Mo.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 06:31 PM
"Fix it till it's Broken"
Irvine, CA
Joined Jun 2006
348 Posts
Looks good. If it works well. I like the custom screw clamp charge port for using other companies charge harnesses by just wiring them in.
65535 is offline Find More Posts by 65535
Old Jun 26, 2006, 06:37 PM
Wnd was blowin time stood stil
Atlanta GA
Joined Oct 2004
476 Posts
Looks pretty nice but I don't like to be the first to try something
wheatfly is offline Find More Posts by wheatfly
Old Jun 26, 2006, 07:04 PM
USA, CA,
Joined May 2001
1,744 Posts
Dear Sir, Your new DN Power Micro-Controlled charger looks to be real “safe” and efficient. My question is, “Will the pre-wired plug on my Thunder Power Pro Light pack (cell balancer plug) plug into your new charger?” Enclosed is a photo of my Thunder Power Pack that did not have the balancer plug on it. I used my Astro Flight 109 Lithium Charger which showed 3-C while charging, but it still way over charged the battery and the picture will show you what happened.

Safety is paramount when using any chargers and I always monitor my batteries while they are charging as well as having them in a ceramic pot for safety and I’m sure glad I did!

Thank you,
Joe Pierson
Kerman Ca.
Joe Pierson is offline Find More Posts by Joe Pierson
Old Jun 26, 2006, 07:54 PM
CHICAGO
Joined Feb 2004
1,616 Posts
Cool, that is the same one I spoted a while back. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527209

Glad to see it come State side so quick. Looks easy to use and i can definetly use a quick check of all cells before sending the battery out.

Order placed.

Dan
supi7 is offline Find More Posts by supi7
Old Jun 26, 2006, 08:50 PM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Pierson
Dear Sir, Your new DN Power Micro-Controlled charger looks to be real “safe” and efficient. My question is, “Will the pre-wired plug on my Thunder Power Pro Light pack (cell balancer plug) plug into your new charger?” Enclosed is a photo of my Thunder Power Pack that did not have the balancer plug on it. I used my Astro Flight 109 Lithium Charger which showed 3-C while charging, but it still way over charged the battery and the picture will show you what happened.

Safety is paramount when using any chargers and I always monitor my batteries while they are charging as well as having them in a ceramic pot for safety and I’m sure glad I did!

Thank you,
Joe Pierson
Kerman Ca.
It won't start charging if you connect the battery the wrong way.

quoted from ildo.

Mo.
mohillbilly is offline Find More Posts by mohillbilly
Old Jun 26, 2006, 09:54 PM
"Fix it till it's Broken"
Irvine, CA
Joined Jun 2006
348 Posts
It is illadvised to charge above 1C the added risk is not worth the time made up.
65535 is offline Find More Posts by 65535
Old Jun 26, 2006, 11:19 PM
WWW.RITEHOBBY.COM
Sunnyvale, CA
Joined Oct 2004
514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatfly
Looks pretty nice but I don't like to be the first to try something

you have to worry about this, we already tried it for ya!
and don't forget about the 30-day risk free try-out!

Jun
Old Jun 26, 2006, 11:29 PM
WWW.RITEHOBBY.COM
Sunnyvale, CA
Joined Oct 2004
514 Posts
Hi, Joe:
sorry to hear about your lose.
but glad you did something right.

there is something said about what you are asking in the charger manual that I attached.
"3. Although the charger can charge in series-wound form for the lithium cells in common packing, we suggested using this function carefully, because charge in series-wound form may damage the lithium cells. We suggest the user to pay close attention to the situation when charging, be careful about the voltage in order to avoid damaging the lithium cells from being over-charged."
so we don't recommend you to charge battery that without a balancing tap.
lunky that most of the new packs on the market already have it

thanks

Jun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Pierson

Thank you,
Joe Pierson
Kerman Ca.