Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 26, 2002, 02:10 PM
Joined Jul 2002
24 Posts
Battery Runtime for GWS Zero or other 370 models

Hello all! I have a GWS Zero that I have flying perfectly but am ready for a little more runtime. I was previously running a 8cell 900ma NiMH pack that weighed in at 6 oz. This pack had great runtime and power but really increased the overall "float" speed of the plane. I have since switched to 2 packs that I built using 8 AAA 750ma NiMH cells I got from local walmart. These ended up at just under 4oz per pack and really made a huge difference in the planes slow speed performance. The plane can almost slow down to the speed of my GWS cub and then it can power up and climb on a nice steep angle. I love this plane. However the down side is my run time currently is about 3 - 5 minutes. I had throttled down under half throttle and was slowly floating accross the sky but still could only get 5min 30 sec. I have charged and discharged the packs a couple of times to cycle in the new cells (done with peak charger and discharger was cut at 6V). I have a couple of other batteries to try and just wanted to know what others were using.
spyder0069 is offline Find More Posts by spyder0069
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2002, 02:53 PM
oakdale, ny, usa
Joined Aug 2000
3,985 Posts
If you are after run time and don't mind loosing performance, you may want to go to a smaller prop.

You migt try advancing the tiing ion the mottor very slightly and try again.

Make sure your gear box is nice and free, prop balanced, use light weight wheels etc.
poobs is offline Find More Posts by poobs