HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2006, 07:10 AM
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2006
347 Posts
Discussion
trex flybar cage not centering after forward elevator

Ive just noticed that if i apply forward elevator on a XL CDE trex, the flybar cage does not recentre and the servos buzz a little. If i apply back elevator then let go, the flybar does recentre, but the servos still make a little buzzing.

Ive lossened off all the screws on all the arms to see if something was to tight, but it still does it. Im wondering if perhaps my HS-55's are no good anymore?

Any help please, im new to trex's

And yes, the heli is set up correctly, just like in finless's videos.

Thanks.
delamar is offline Find More Posts by delamar
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2006, 07:17 AM
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Nov 2005
480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by delamar
Im wondering if perhaps my HS-55's are no good anymore?
Were they ever? They only gained popularity because they were the first mainstream micro servo that came out. They do not center well at all, as you can see, and will get worse over time. I would say get at least some HS-56 or S3110 serovs which would be much better.

You can stay with the 55s if all your seeing is a slight center problem and it doesn't annoy you too much.
Motions is offline Find More Posts by Motions
Old Jun 26, 2006, 07:22 AM
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jun 2006
6,794 Posts
If the flybar is completely free, then it's the servos. If not, look to friction around the seesaw, especially where it goes onto the main head (the very first bit in the assembly instructions). BTW, S75s center pretty well too and are otherwise about the same as the HS-55, if you want cheap.
Andrew McGregor is offline Find More Posts by Andrew McGregor
Old Jun 26, 2006, 08:54 AM
Now Wren 1701
Wren, MS
Joined Jul 2005
1,325 Posts
Make sure all of your ball links are free, a sticky ball link will do the same thing.
Wren1702 is offline Find More Posts by Wren1702
Old Jun 26, 2006, 09:14 AM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Joined Mar 2005
3,335 Posts
Delamar,

Mine did this and it was the washout control, where the screw goes through the plastic part. I loosened it slightly here and the problem was corrected.
Ah Clem is offline Find More Posts by Ah Clem