New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by DrFragnasty, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 02:53 AM
Find More Posts by DrFragnasty
Thermal Wrangler
Launceston Tasmania
Joined Mar 2004
2,331 Posts
Discussion
Furio zooms to the moon

After fixing the Furio (snapped fuz in 2 places, tailplane pivot, both pushrods, smashed 1 tip) and dialling in the MC-24 I had a great day launching like a demon!

The evo9 was good but the MC-24 is better. I spent AGES working out the evo9 (like 6 mnths) and the MC-24 took 2 weeks with a little guidance from fellow SEAT members, Bruce and Steve.

I now have 4 flight phases, crow with elevator comp dialled in (perfectly..I actually caught the beast! and that's with zero wind) the launch is about 10mm down flap and aileron with a 10% down elevator comp. and the throttle stick has enough travel for a healthy dose of reflex for the zoooooooom.

It zooms to the moon!

As for the speed runs; with 3 mm reflex and no ballast in no wind and no lift conditions it went like a bullet train. I can't wait to try it in summer conditions with ballast.

I might try to couple ailerons and flaps in the speed phase for a bit more purchase in the turns.

I love the Furio! The wing spar is starting to show thru the skin and I've had to add 3 oz of lead in 1 wing tip (to counter the repair I did) so it's a tad heavier but still tracks well.

I wouldn't get another now that the Crossfire is out and the Radical is shaping up well, but if 1 came up 2nd hand I'll grab it!

For more glider pics/info goto:

www.seat.lonnie.com.au

Chris aka DrFragnasty
DrFragnasty is offline Find More Posts by DrFragnasty
Last edited by DrFragnasty; Jun 25, 2006 at 03:09 AM. Reason: typo fix
to remove ads between posts