HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2006, 10:29 PM
Foam rules
HdG Md.
Joined Jan 2003
4,914 Posts
Really nice, I have my plans ready to cut out, minor changes, I can't leave anything alone. But I'm finishing up a little something brought to us By gpw, Hopefully will have vidio up tonight in a new thread than back to this one. Still trying to decide how and what to make it of.
Thatovalguy is offline Find More Posts by Thatovalguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2006, 11:07 PM
ewo
Spencer In.USA
Joined Oct 2003
4,547 Posts
That looks Great BrMiHi08 . good luck with it
let us know how it goes.

ewo
ewo is offline Find More Posts by ewo
Old Jun 25, 2006, 11:08 PM
ewo
Spencer In.USA
Joined Oct 2003
4,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatovalguy
Really nice, I have my plans ready to cut out, minor changes, I can't leave anything alone. But I'm finishing up a little something brought to us By gpw, Hopefully will have vidio up tonight in a new thread than back to this one. Still trying to decide how and what to make it of.
Video? Video?????
i cant wait

ewo
Old Jun 25, 2006, 11:56 PM
Foam rules
HdG Md.
Joined Jan 2003
4,914 Posts
Yeh not good but it's video, best I could do with the light in the room and by myself.

link

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535104
Old Jun 26, 2006, 12:42 PM
No time to fly
USA, MO, Independence
Joined Nov 2003
360 Posts
Update!

I got a chance to fly it today. My AUW was about 5 3/4 ounces. It flew really well and considering it was a shocky type model it did tolerate the 10-12mph winds I was flying in. One thing I did notice was that a single 3mm CF rod in the middle of the wing was not enough to keep the wing from flexing. The time I was flying I did a few vertical rolls, an inside loop, outside loop, and a few other things. That was until the battery popped loose mid flight, no damage wich surprised me. So it seems to be a great design, good job EWO.
I might be getting a smaller lipo this evening or I might up it to a little 3 cell.
Brian
BrMiHi08 is offline Find More Posts by BrMiHi08
Old Jun 27, 2006, 05:34 PM
Foam rules
HdG Md.
Joined Jan 2003
4,914 Posts
Brian, good to here. I hope to get on mine tonight.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 04:42 PM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
Hey all I got some much needed time off this week(permantly..I quit) so I'm gonna try something with ewo's design. So while I wait for the phone to ring from job prospects I'm gonna do some long needed building...............

JAM..........the search goes on..............
JAM is offline Find More Posts by JAM
Old Jun 28, 2006, 07:35 PM
Foam rules
HdG Md.
Joined Jan 2003
4,914 Posts
Jam QUIT, you got big ones. Good luck on the job search, not till than get building.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 09:02 PM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
Tog it ain't that there that big..........atleast that's how the wife puts it.......I'm just gonna go the full fuse direction with it.......cell foam 88...........haven't decided on flat or full formed wing yet.........only time will tell.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............................................

JAM
JAM is offline Find More Posts by JAM
Old Jun 28, 2006, 09:34 PM
Foam rules
HdG Md.
Joined Jan 2003
4,914 Posts
Yeh I'm still fight with it. One moment I want FF next a super light FP. I think its gonna end up flat plate so I can use my IPS brushless on it and small gear.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 07:50 AM
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Jul 2002
24,200 Posts
Jam . you need to come down here .... Plenty of work and nobody to do it .... Paying top dollar ... $16-20/hr for a helper...plus bonuses for actually showing UP ... I might un-retire myself .............................Na!!!!
EWO , it this one for real ???? not a burner eh ???
gpw is online now Find More Posts by gpw
Old Jun 29, 2006, 10:10 PM
ewo
Spencer In.USA
Joined Oct 2003
4,547 Posts
Brian, Good to hear yours flew ok.
still havent been able to finish mine. i kinda been under the weather and work is killing me. usually really slow this time of year but all heck has broke loose and were covered up!

I Blew the plans up and printed them out tonight at 115% and i think its gonna be dinamite ..........34 1/4"span . looks like its gonna be a fun size with my stump puller motor on it.
I ordered some 6mm depron and some blue rcfoam from rcfoam.com a little bit ago.
Im anxious to try the there blue stuff.........

Gpw
Its for real !!

Jam and TOG
lets see what ya got, or at least tell us your plans????

ewo
Last edited by ewo; Jun 29, 2006 at 10:16 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 11:41 PM
Crash Master
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Sep 2001
16,632 Posts
EWO, if it's the same Blue I got from the guy in Evansville, it's not bad... a little bowed, but useable.
Gene Bond is offline Find More Posts by Gene Bond
Old Jun 30, 2006, 12:36 AM
Use whatcha got!
Metairie, LA
Joined Sep 2000
2,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpw
Jam . you need to come down here .... Plenty of work and nobody to do it .... Paying top dollar ... $16-20/hr for a helper...plus bonuses for actually showing UP ... I might un-retire myself

Friend / Co-worker of mine firmly believes that he could start with a hammer and a bicycle and by the end of the year clear $60,000.00.

I've mentioned his thoughts to others around and they all firmly believe it as well.

It's insane. An honest person can have ALL the work he'll want in the next 3 years and get paid VERY top dollar for it. Probably 5-7 years as well.

-mike s.
msmith is offline Find More Posts by msmith
Old Jun 30, 2006, 08:24 PM
Foam rules
HdG Md.
Joined Jan 2003
4,914 Posts
Sorry ewo,wifes sister up this week so was a little bizie. Gonna get on it soon just gotta finish a little something I'm working on also. Plus still fighting with myself about the full or profile fuse thing.