garrcass is online now Find More Posts by garrcass
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2009, 08:14 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewo
Here ya go No pasword required this time
Might just turn out to be a good flyer ?

ewo
thanks but what are the measurements like wing span, length, horizontal tail hight, the width of the base of the vertical tail, the width of the top of the virtical tail, vertical tail hight, width or elavator on the horizontal tail wing, hight of plane so forth
buddy6694 is offline Find More Posts by buddy6694
Old Mar 23, 2009, 08:21 PM
ewo
Spencer In.USA
Joined Oct 2003
4,547 Posts
Brother don't you print plans?
Just print it and you have all you need!!

ewo
ewo is offline Find More Posts by ewo
Old Jan 31, 2010, 02:34 AM
UND UAS Pilot
University of North Dakota
Joined Mar 2008
13 Posts
IDK if you guys have flown or seen the new Micro 4-site from eflite... super tinny and fragile. So fragile its time for a new airframe already. Im going to pull the electronics from it and use these plans to make a micro foamie out of 1mm depron. Anyone make this plane that small? im think around 16" wingspan.
cctaylor410 is offline Find More Posts by cctaylor410
Old Feb 02, 2010, 01:10 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
I made an Extra 300 from 9mm EPP wingspan is 35" and about the same in length. I put a carbon rod down the middle of the wing nearly to the ends of the tips. So about 31 inches long. Then I had issues with the fuse twisting towards the tail. I added 9mm depron strips along the fuse. Then added some flat carbon fiber rods on the elevator and rudder. I also added landing gear and tail wheel. It was put together with mostly low temp glue gun with scale sized hinges on the control surfaces (2 each) . total AUW with the battery is 15 oz. powered by an Arrowind 2215-20 with a EP 8x4 prop, 32 amp ESC 4 9 gram servos, AR6100 Rx all powered by a 1300 mAh 3S battery. The prop/motor combo is listed at 37 oz of thrust. I flew it the first time yesterday in a 9-15 MPH wind. I had dual rates setup on my DX61 but found I did not need them. My 11 year old son also flew it around, unbelievably easy to fly, loops, rolls, and sharp banking. even got some hover going. This is a great plane for my son and I to learn on. the last flight yesterday the wind pushed it hard to the ground. Broke the wood firewall with the motor off. Its already repaired but I am going to double the thickness of the firewall. Its an ugly thing, but great to learn on because its nearly indestructible. When the rain stops I want to put my pen camera on it. If that works out I will post up the video.
bsfixit is offline Find More Posts by bsfixit
Last edited by bsfixit; Feb 03, 2010 at 08:50 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2010, 10:39 PM
Joined Jun 2009
224 Posts
I just made a 34" version. like it. Queston, I used foam poster board. Its about 4.5mm thick. But its a little flimsy. Im using a carbon spar in the middle. But im worried about its flimsieness. Should i dbl up in front of spar? If so, should i dbl up both sides? Weight is not much of an issue. Using a big motor.
jt41time is online now Find More Posts by jt41time
Old Feb 11, 2010, 05:56 PM
Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
4 Posts
extra bip

I saw that bip that was done so i copied it.
azchamp is offline Find More Posts by azchamp
Old Feb 11, 2010, 06:10 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
cool !

JT41time; I don't think you need extra CF in the wing.. but EPP does fine with the single CF rod in the wing.. good luck!
Old Jan 21, 2011, 09:50 AM
USA, NJ, Union City
Joined Jul 2010
261 Posts
nice
RcNewbAddict is offline Find More Posts by RcNewbAddict
Old Jan 22, 2011, 04:15 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by azchamp View Post
I saw that bip that was done so i copied it.
LOL ! so sorry for laughing.. Did you get it down?
How did the Extra biped fly before the tree reached out and grabbed your plane?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 05:15 AM
Jeddah
Joined Feb 2011
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewo View Post
anyways
Heres what mine looks like right now

30" span 3mm depron and feiago brushless c gearing
3 oz right now without electrics

ewo
Hi Ewo, nice birdie (Edge 300)! I just printed out it both 100% and 125%. Could you tell me how the stiffener is installed? I do SPADS, have done depron jets...but this is my first time with a foam 3D.
samlikespad is offline Find More Posts by samlikespad
Old Nov 07, 2011, 10:40 PM
When in doubt, mumble
United States, NC, Lincolnton
Joined May 2008
166 Posts
I'd like to know how it's installed as well. I'm sure I could get it done, would prefer the "correct" way first tho
TyCarp is offline Find More Posts by TyCarp
Old Nov 08, 2011, 04:31 AM
It's Just Foam!!!
Canton,Ga
Joined Apr 2010
948 Posts
Standard way would be to cut out the stiffener, lay it flat, split the fuse down the middle (take out additional foam from each side to allow for the thickness of the stiffener). Glue bottom fuse piece on first. Make SURE it's perpindicular to the stiffener and straight down the middle.After it sets up solid, repeat with top fuse.Some people do it opposite (split the stiffener and glue to the fuse sides), but I prefer this way. Check out Leadfeather's excellen build guide for his EPP Yak 55.http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2818 Good techniques for any profile foamie. Good Luck!
EZglider is offline Find More Posts by EZglider
Last edited by EZglider; Nov 08, 2011 at 04:40 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 12:34 PM
Joined Dec 2013
11 Posts
dollar tree foam scratch build

Here is my dollar tree foam scratch build. My third build. These fly amazing! I put a turnigy park 480 on this plane with a 2200map 3cel. I read a comment above where someone was having issues cutting foam so that it looked neat/tidy. There is only one way to get clean cuts with dollar tree foam. Go to the hardware store and spend $20 on a box of 100 exacto blades. I switch out blades very often (I will cut out a wind, or two, then get a new blade. CUt out the elevator and rudder, then get a new blade, etc.). You can also use snad paper to tidy things up (edges, curves, etc.).
ripcurldog is offline Find More Posts by ripcurldog