HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 17, 2006, 09:56 PM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
hey bud I get the same thing now...been doing it the last couple of days....I think the groups are trying to cut down on space or something....or with the last updates from microsoft it changed how the viewing process works.........dunno.

JAM
JAson
JAM is offline Find More Posts by JAM
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2006, 05:33 AM
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Jul 2002
24,127 Posts
and why did they change the name from something warm and fuzzy feeling like DIY Foamies to (scratchbuilt Foamies ) which sounds like you're starting from NOTHING , and that's IMPOSSIBLE... Advertisers must not want this aspect of the hobby to appear as easy as it is ... gotta' sell those one crash Foamies .... all about profit eh ????

Thanks for the string idea... WoW , that's the Fun per Buck "idea of the year "........
gpw is offline Find More Posts by gpw
Old Aug 18, 2006, 05:53 AM
Foam rules
HdG Md.
Joined Jan 2003
4,914 Posts
ewo, yep thats whats happening to all of us, well anyone that does updates I guess. If you take note your machine might even be loading pages slower too. Thanks to the all mighty, Microsoft.
Thatovalguy is offline Find More Posts by Thatovalguy
Old Aug 18, 2006, 07:42 AM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
The last couple of automatic updates that came in were securtiy issues and junk like that..............but ain't that what they always are?

JAM
Old Aug 18, 2006, 04:31 PM
is it flying time?
Wyandotte Oklahoma
Joined Oct 2004
2,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatovalguy
ewo, yep thats whats happening to all of us, well anyone that does updates I guess. If you take note your machine might even be loading pages slower too. Thanks to the all mighty, Microsoft.
MacroHard does do sloppy programming, should be known as bloatware. Every update slows my system even more, as if I need my system slowed down. I am on dialup and it is getting to be a real pain waiting for pages to load.

Jerry
Jerry Combs is offline Find More Posts by Jerry Combs
Old Aug 18, 2006, 09:14 PM
ewo
Spencer In.USA
Joined Oct 2003
4,547 Posts
Dont think its an update thing, i really think its something theye have done to this site .

I dont do automatic updates and dont use a firewall.
Im gonna go ask mike in the sight sugs and complain forum

ewo
ewo is offline Find More Posts by ewo
Old Aug 20, 2006, 07:11 PM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
Yup it's somethig they changed........would be my guess......I just got back home from the father-in-laws place after a little golfing weekend but when I was down there I tried his computer which runs Windows 98 SE and got the same results and he hasn't updated his stuff for a long time.

JAM
Old Aug 20, 2006, 10:11 PM
Foam rules
HdG Md.
Joined Jan 2003
4,914 Posts
I'll still put money on MS update to the server. We found some strange stuff on our server this week that had it slowed down plus doing strange stuff. Backed it out and than all ran fine.

Well smoked a BL today on my 30 size heli during run up tests. Well I kinda knew it was a poss but was hoping. So now we put a bigger motor in it. Actually it wasn't the size as much as the way the motor was built. It twisted the removable end cap half a turn which twisted the internal wires and well you know the rest of the story.

No matter what I put a big electric motor in I am always amazed how scary it seems. Now if I had put a nitro motor in the heli I;d have no issue with it. But with the electric alls you here is the gears, clutch and them big blades wooshing at speed. I was running our big Welgard motor with a 20x8 on a 8 cell 3700ma pack. Now I've adjusted gas motors running this size prop before. Hands right up in there next to the prop. But with these electric's it just doesn't seem right for some reason.
Last edited by Thatovalguy; Aug 20, 2006 at 10:24 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 11:03 PM
ewo
Spencer In.USA
Joined Oct 2003
4,547 Posts
you might be right Tog, I kinda hope you are. i would hate to think that this group
is going to pot

i like my little hely , wouldnt know what to do with one as big as that...

anyways theye moved my Got Amit Bipe thread here , for whatever reason. guess im gonna make the best of it
i added another vid to the thread, Just a bunch of Rog's really not worth watchin

ewo
Old Aug 21, 2006, 05:40 AM
Foam rules
HdG Md.
Joined Jan 2003
4,914 Posts
I've been trying to move the BD thread, just the last, but its not done yet.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 04:46 PM
ewo
Spencer In.USA
Joined Oct 2003
4,547 Posts
Shure it is

ewo
Old Aug 22, 2006, 08:11 PM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
Ok got the full fuse extra 300 done today (had a day off)....AUW is 23 oz's with my 2100 electrifly 3 cell or a tad over 20's with my Vampower 2250 3cell.......yup bigger cap. but smaller package.....I was setting up my eclipse 7 and had just the flaperons left and the batt ran down, so that's charging for the night. I did have a chance to run it up and it will pull straight up so the power issue should be good.......If the weather holds out Wednesday night I will give her a whirl out back in the field..........

JAM
Old Aug 22, 2006, 08:35 PM
ewo
Spencer In.USA
Joined Oct 2003
4,547 Posts
Dont forget Pics if you can get them.......
Let us know how she does

ewo
Old Aug 22, 2006, 09:22 PM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
ewo I already warned the wife........the weather might have a diff. idea rain forcasted for the next few days..we'll see what happens.

JAM
Old Aug 23, 2006, 09:03 PM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
Sorry guys no test flight tonight got home to late from work........The T-storms that went through are area last night lit up a few houses with L-strikes.......we had to do three emergency clean outs.........the last was a bear.really big lake home........lots of duct work........We'll see about Thursday night.

JAM