Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 14, 2006, 08:16 AM
Crash Master
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Sep 2001
16,632 Posts
Never know... A fall trip may be in the works, now that we only have 2 schedules to coordinate! What ever happened to your northern trip?
Gene Bond is offline Find More Posts by Gene Bond
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2006, 06:43 PM
Foam rules
HdG Md.
Joined Jan 2003
4,914 Posts
Just a photo from this weekend, Jason hovering a $8,000.00 Yak, and its not his.
Thatovalguy is offline Find More Posts by Thatovalguy
Old Aug 14, 2006, 08:00 PM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
Geeze....... what do they charge for rides on that monster???

JAM
JAM is offline Find More Posts by JAM
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:11 PM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
Ok it looks even better now.........and yup there's an Axi 2808/20 inside that blu nose. And the weight with the Axi but no servo's and esc and rec. is at 12 oz's........not to shabby

JAM
Jason
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:43 PM
Foam rules
HdG Md.
Joined Jan 2003
4,914 Posts
Looking good Jam
Old Aug 15, 2006, 05:48 AM
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Joined Jul 2002
24,061 Posts
Every thing I own (hobby stuff) isn't worth 8 large.... Some guys have just WAAAAAY too much disposable income ....I think for that cash (plus the price of the trailer , hanger and support eqpt.), I'd start on a real homebuilt ...
But it is IMPRESSIVE !!!!!
Northern trip cancelled due to Boss's work load ... she's going for the bucks , listening to the same old stories...can't blame her , that "pool boy " is expensive ....

By the way , broke the x300 in the same spot again (right behind the wing) .... s-canned the airframe ... starting over...
gpw is offline Find More Posts by gpw
Old Aug 15, 2006, 06:06 AM
Foam rules
HdG Md.
Joined Jan 2003
4,914 Posts
gpw, if you glue string down the side crutches it will stop that problem, some what.

To bad on the trip canning too. Fire the pool boy and get a pool girl.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 07:00 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,061 Posts
I am the pool boy ... koo koo ka choo!!!!

Took care of that problem .... s/canned the 300 and built 3 Me-109's ...similar ...two had crutches (which I find myself getting away from also) and one had sparkler bamboo from the 4th...attached on each side opposite each other ...hot glued of course.. melted a groove , laid the hot glue bead , stuck the bamboo down , later added more glue where needed as fillets...STIFF!!!!!!and light , and easy !!!
Last edited by gpw; Aug 15, 2006 at 07:08 AM.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 07:53 PM
ewo
Spencer In.USA
Joined Oct 2003
4,547 Posts
Yep a little string down the crutches works wonders

I really like the carbon rod in the fuse myself anymore, . doing it that way more and more
Here is a little video i found tonight whilst searching to try to find out who Jason Shulman is. i franky never heard of him.........
thats alright. he probably never heard of me neither, Unless he watches walker Texas Ranger.................

Just threw that one in for GPW

http://media.putfile.com/Wing-Failure
The most amazing thing i have ever seen................

ewo
ewo is offline Find More Posts by ewo
Old Aug 15, 2006, 09:24 PM
ewo
Spencer In.USA
Joined Oct 2003
4,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM
Ok it looks even better now.........and yup there's an Axi 2808/20 inside that blu nose. And the weight with the Axi but no servo's and esc and rec. is at 12 oz's........not to shabby

JAM
Jason
Not too shabby at all there Jam.

Do us a favor and try to get some flight pics or a vid........
Looks really good, Hope it flys as good as it looks. Im shure it will
you figure to dress it up with some paint or see how it does first?

Axi? what span did you build it at?

ewo
Old Aug 16, 2006, 05:26 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,061 Posts
Its much better to look like Chuck , than a large , balding old Geezer.... like me .... hahahahahahaha
All the boys want Amos Moses ...again ... must be the music ... hahahahaha
Old Aug 16, 2006, 06:21 AM
Foam rules
HdG Md.
Joined Jan 2003
4,914 Posts
Actually on stiffening what gpw did with shewers both sides is what we've been doing for a little bit now, but with thin carbon rod. My next amos is gonna be a super light, how light, shooting for 5 oz or less all up. I'd be super happy with 4.5 oz. The other thing is wobbling of the tail. That is fixed with the lightest test fishing line you can find run from the wing stiffner to the canopy to the outer most tips of the horizonal stab, the part that doesn't move. Make the one that starts on the right end on the left and such, see pics.

Ya know during the bathroom renivation I was flying alot of heli. I'd get tired or upset about something and would walk out and fly in the yard. It took me all weekend to be able to fly a plane well again. Kept catching myself trying to input heli comands during flight, want to go faster was pushing forward aileron, go up, was throttle and stuff. Anyway once I got back in the grove the Amos is still the best in my hanger. Yeh I know this is the extra thread but had to be said. Thats why I clumped all the planes in the dog thread, one place for all the idea's and comments.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 06:53 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,061 Posts
Flying as Therapy ??? My Rx...
You need to invent a plane and chopper, something simple like SS's Hoverfoam ...then you'd always be READY with the right command and we'd have something unusual to play with /learn/build !!!
AMM , Yep !!!! A#1 Go Chuck !!!!!!!.....
Old Aug 16, 2006, 07:14 AM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
Ewo I lost my template for the wing and my printer went dry over the weekend so I measured the PDF with the measurement tool on the puter and drew what I thought was Close onto the foam but then added the foam tips to cover the ends.....so it is now 32 inches for the WS.........I didn't get to work on it last night.........pulled a 14 hr shift yesterday at work.......we got a rash of rodents dead in duct work all over after the heat wave up here........gotta like dead mice.........good for the wallet......

JAM
Jason
Old Aug 17, 2006, 08:55 PM
ewo
Spencer In.USA
Joined Oct 2003
4,547 Posts
well at least you figured it out, I hear them AXI's are dinamite on the right plane.
i hope its not too much for this one........ Good luck.

and on another note.
Im having some problems with my computer, at least i think i am.

Im posting a screen shot of the new screen i get now when i try to view any vids.
anyone else having this thing pop up?
It only started a few days ago
Quite agrevating......................