HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 02, 2006, 06:24 AM
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Jul 2002
24,105 Posts
EWO , heres the pics .... Plain one is for FB BOB ... he said he didn't want one with all that all over it .... Can't wait till this weekend ...hehehehehe
Up , give me a call Dude !!!! got my cell #???
gpw is offline Find More Posts by gpw
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2006, 07:35 AM
Crash Master
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Sep 2001
16,632 Posts
Glen: You really need to back down on the caffine, dude! Starting to roll back to an earlier time of free love, cheap drugs and other stuff we can't allow these days
Gene Bond is offline Find More Posts by Gene Bond
Old Aug 02, 2006, 04:35 PM
ewo
Spencer In.USA
Joined Oct 2003
4,547 Posts
Gpw Wow dude.

looks great .

a uploaded the My Got Amit Bipe to the 3d flying forum here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549752

or would you all rather i just post them here too?
let me know

ewo
ewo is offline Find More Posts by ewo
Old Aug 02, 2006, 08:26 PM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
Hey bud wait till' the new forum starts and put it there........it's only a few votes from a sure thing.......but it is up to you.

JAM
JAM is offline Find More Posts by JAM
Old Aug 02, 2006, 10:07 PM
Use whatcha got!
Metairie, LA
Joined Sep 2000
2,982 Posts
Ok... Finally got some foam cut. 'The Kid' went to sleep at 8:00

Almost unheard of around here...

Anyway, of course I can't find the USB cable to connect the camera, so pics will have to wait until it surfaces.

Unfortunately it's nowhere near as pretty as gpw's w/ the flames and whatnot, but at least since mine already looks crashed it should fly just right

-mike s.
msmith is online now Find More Posts by msmith
Old Aug 03, 2006, 05:58 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,105 Posts
re. decor .... I just got carried away looking for something that was a cross between the 50's hot rods and "eyelid movies" .... was gonna' do the fuse too , but that would have been too much ...
Can't wait to fly this baby .... got 15t26awg GB cd/2sK340/ 8x4GWS HD /BP-10 esc... going to be very light and floaty, sorta'like my previous mental condition brought on by the fermentation of Barley and hops...not to forget ...the grape ...hahahahahahaha
Old Aug 03, 2006, 07:03 AM
Crash Master
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Sep 2001
16,632 Posts
You had me worried... thought maybe you were licking toads (or armadillos)...
Old Aug 03, 2006, 07:31 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,105 Posts
The wildlife here has recovered MUCH faster than the people(they didn't wait for government help , or the lack of it .... Billions went to the big contractors , as profit .... didn't "trickle down"...) ... All sorts of strange flying/ crawley' thingies here now , some I've NEVER seen before ...Hmmm . they might taste good ??? Lets see now , we'll be sitting in the dark , 100 degrees F , no electricity , eating bugs ....But the economy is doing well for the Super Rich ....Hmmmm , they might taste good ???
But we still got our Foamies .... for now !!!
Old Aug 03, 2006, 08:13 AM
Crash Master
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Sep 2001
16,632 Posts
A quick check show Louisiana's unemployment rate is down almost 1% over a year ago... I bet the crime rate, too But, that's just with the folks who came back, or stayed... Overall emplyment is down 10% but so's population. More food, less mouths?

Could be worse! The government has yet to pay for any of the storm damage I have incurred over the years. Nor did they help my folks in Charleston after Hurricane Hugo. At least everyone (that owned property) there got a handout.

Now if we could just figure out how to build all these new planes and enjoy the one's we have, while sweating to death and waiting for the next round of storms (tomorrow), we'd have it made!
Old Aug 05, 2006, 10:04 PM
ewo
Spencer In.USA
Joined Oct 2003
4,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Bond
A quick check show Louisiana's unemployment rate is down almost 1% over a year ago... I bet the crime rate, too But, that's just with the folks who came back, or stayed... Overall emplyment is down 10% but so's population. More food, less mouths?

Could be worse! The government has yet to pay for any of the storm damage I have incurred over the years. Nor did they help my folks in Charleston after Hurricane Hugo. At least everyone (that owned property) there got a handout.

Now if we could just figure out how to build all these new planes and enjoy the one's we have, while sweating to death and waiting for the next round of storms (tomorrow), we'd have it made!
Looks like we made it through the heat wave Gene
Really kinda chilly here tonight.

nice change huh?

ewo
Old Aug 06, 2006, 10:32 AM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
80 and no humidty up here today.......a tad windy at 14 to 16 right now but was really calm for an early morning goose chase with the Mustang (Balsa, Sorry) It's great for coming in high above the flock and then buzzing them.....really get em' moving.........As foir the amit bipe, foam is cut just need to decorate but the wife has had me moving plants and landscaping all weekend since it isn't blistering hot for once.......Ewo I think you need to call her and tell her to leave me alone.there are more important things for me to be doing......hehe JK.................

JAM
JAson
Old Aug 06, 2006, 07:47 PM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,105 Posts
I'm begining to believe that cosmically , nature tends towards Non-life ....as soon as you get too many of one thing .... Whamo !!!! Mom steps in !!! Hey Mom , do something about all those self-serving politicians!!!

Had the FUN opportunity to fly the new (I guess old by now ) Extra 300 .... managed to get everything right this time by following the outlines ... After 6 flights , I've almost got everything sorted out (fine tuning ) and am really enjoying the plane .... It is VERY agile and rolls like a drill ... The first flight ended in a tree (DUH !!!! a BIG one !!!) and cracked the fuse( worked it out of the tree by flapping those HUGE ailerons ...Luck !!!) ... ending Saturdays successfull maiden ... today was too windy to sort things out 3D wise, so we just flew for FUN .... and FUN it was ... Thanks EWO !!!!!....

PS. really like the way the rudder doesn't make the plane dive , like so many others... Nice flat rudder turns ...
Old Aug 06, 2006, 08:05 PM
ewo
Spencer In.USA
Joined Oct 2003
4,547 Posts
Glad it seam's to be working for you GPW

One thing about that tall rudder is it is verry quick to respond.
Least that my observation.

You need to try a bigger version 32" maby 34"

Sweet.

ewo
Old Aug 06, 2006, 08:12 PM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
Ok so a tall rudder is a must......it's a great starting point for should I dare say," the Grand Daddy of 3D Planes........my old Warlock had a nice tall rudder and did great flat spins, even inverted.......so all we need to do now is combine this with the rest of what we know.........huh does anyone else know the rest?

JAM
Old Aug 06, 2006, 08:20 PM
ewo
Spencer In.USA
Joined Oct 2003
4,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM
Ok so a tall rudder is a must......it's a great starting point for should I dare say," the Grand Daddy of 3D Planes........my old Warlock had a nice tall rudder and did great flat spins, even inverted.......so all we need to do now is combine this with the rest of what we know.........huh does anyone else know the rest?

JAM
Shure. We figured it out a while back

Once you get the incidence and tail plane right length div.By width

Hight x weight

2 wings x times -3

its all right here right in front of you. when all this is right you can make it any shape you want and it will fly , probably , well maby

ewo